Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Mental Hospitality posted:

Initial thoughts on the Kompanio 828 powered Acer 14:

Feels more plasticky than my old CB3, but is also lighter and smaller with the same 14in screen size.
Trackpad is a little funky, almost like there is the slightest delay from when you stop moving your finger and the cursor stops. I feel like I am adapting to this though.
5 levels of keyboard backlighting (more expensive laptops can't even get this right)
Speakers are okay, better than the downward facing speakers on my old Chromebook, but by no means spectacular (I've been spoiled by my large Asus gaming laptop)
Screen is nice. Not too reflective.
Performance is much better than my old celeron kit. 8gb seems to make a world of difference. 8 tabs open, one playing youtube, CPU hasn't hit 30C. System is reporting 13 hours of battery remaining at 88%. I feel like this might be the most ridiculous battery life of any device I've ever had.

I had that trackpad issue on my duet out of the box and it just sort of fixed itself after I wiped it down with a little windex, I have no idea what caused it or why windex helped but my current best theory is that it had some sort of residue left on it from manufacturing

how well does it handle android apps? my mediocre 4gb one kinda chugs if I use the spotify and discord apps simultaneously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

last time i installed a custom os on a chromebook i had to physically remove a write protect screw from the motherboard but that was years ago