Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist
This deal is up again. It is killing me not to buy it, but I really don’t need it.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-2-in-1-14-touchscreen-chromebook-intel-core-m3-8100y-8gb-memory-64gb-emmc-silver/6512628.p?skuId=6512628

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist
This looks like a very good deal although I don’t need it. No backlit keyboard or touchscreen, but should perform very well for the price ($249.99). It is from Best Buy’s EBay store apparently. Just throwing it out there for any goons in the market.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2044070433...6310baeb3740INT

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

Atomizer posted:

I'd agree, that's pretty good for the price. The CPU is new to me, but should be fine, although personally I'd prefer 16 GB of RAM for my main system. The display is FHD, which is good, although it's 15" which is also fine but plenty of people might prefer a smaller display for a more portable device overall. I'd definitely prefer a backlit keyboard, but I could live without the touchscreen (although I do make use of it when available.)

Yeah, I definitely agree that this not for heavy lifting, but the way that I use my CB (for simple browsing instead of my phone mostly), it fills a pretty large niche for an around the house “laptop” that should be pretty decent for years to come. With 8gb of ram and google promising 10 years of OS support, you could definitely do worse at that price point.