Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005
Al bisogno si conosce l'amico

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I read the OP but I'm still at a loss as to what to get my 12 year old daughter. She has one issued by her school but wants one of her own. She takes good care of her devices, so ruggedness doesn't need to be a top priority. A larger screen would be good but I don't want to sacrifice processor power to get the the large screened ACER mentioned in the OP. Is a touch-screen useful?

Is this overkill?

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-12-3-chromebook-plus-touch-screen-4gb-memory-32gb-emmc-flash-memory-platinum-silver/5620405.p

Please help, thread. I'm drowning in options.

I had bought a Samsung Chromebook Plus and it suffered from phantom touch issues and I returned it. Seems like it's still somewhat of an issue.

Bought the Flip C302 as a replacement and love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005
Al bisogno si conosce l'amico

ThermoPhysical posted:

Returned my Chromebook Pro after the screen decided it wanted to go all fucky.

Anyone know how good Acer Chromebooks are? I'm thinking about the Spin 15.

I bought one and returned it because of Phantom touch issues. I'd open it and it'd constantly act like I was pushing on the bottom right of my screen in multiple places.

Went to an Asus C302C and it's great.