Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nulldevice
Jun 17, 2006
Toilet Rascal
Pixelbook i5 8GB 128GB is $749 at Amazon, I picked one up the other day and received it this morning. This thing is amazing. Highly recommend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nulldevice
Jun 17, 2006
Toilet Rascal
Thinkpad x131 Chromebook refurbs on sale at Tigerdirect for $119.99. 1007U CPU (Dual Core) and 4GB RAM, 16GB drive. Has the nub (clit) mouse too. Grade A refurbs so they are in great condition according to the seller. This is likely for another six hours. I keep forgetting to post this, my apologies. It looks like a great model for folks unsure about whether or not they want to try a Chromebook and not drop a large investment on one.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=5734347&Sku=[b]41464596

Nulldevice
Jun 17, 2006
Toilet Rascal

Blast of Confetti posted:

Thanks for this. Was on the fence for chromebooks but this is a good enough price

great! glad to help out. i hope you'll enjoy them as much as the rest of us!

Nulldevice
Jun 17, 2006
Toilet Rascal

Zack Ater posted:

Dammit, I meant to grab one of those refurb HP CB 13 m3 from woot yesterday after work, but I forgot and now they're sold out. How often does that deal come up?

I see them every few weeks. I picked one up a while back. Ended up with a defective battery after a few days, called HP and they hooked me up with a new one and it took about ten minutes to replace, not a problem since. It's a business class chromebook so you'll get top notch support should you ever need it. Definitely worth the wait to get one. Love mine.

Nulldevice
Jun 17, 2006
Toilet Rascal

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

My Chromebook died on me on the 1st (great start to the year), and I've had no luck with recovery. Seems like my old flash drive isn't cutting it.

While dusting off old laptops to use in the interim, I got to wondering what's the appropriate method for converting them into Chromebooks?

https://www.neverware.com/freedownload#intro-text - used their test VM and it's a lot like chromeos (same code base) all around. I didn't check to see if I could turn on linux functionality or if that was inherent to google's own software stack.

Nulldevice
Jun 17, 2006
Toilet Rascal

Atomizer posted:

Here's another 1-day CB sale on Woot: Lenovo ThinkPad C13 Yoga Chromebook, 8 GB RAM, 128 GB storage for $300 (add $100 to double the storage.)

drat that's tempting. If I didn't already have the Samsung Galaxy 2 (10th gen i3, 8gb, 128gb) I'd most likely snap this up. And this one you're posting has just over seven years of updates included. Definite deal here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nulldevice
Jun 17, 2006
Toilet Rascal

Rhyno posted:

Best Buy has the C425 for $120. Only 4gb ram but it's a solid unit, i only returned mine because it wouldn't hold a charge.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-14-chromebook-intel-core-m3-8100y-4gb-memory-64gb-emmc-silver/6513085.p?skuId=6513085

Just read some reviews, the unit apparently comes with 8GB of RAM. It's on the side of the box and people put up pictures of the box. Amazon lists the device as having 4GB, then when you get into the descriptions it has 8GB. Guess we need to look closely at a floor model and check the info.