Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Epsilon Moonshade posted:

I have no idea how fantasy baseball works, so I think I'm just going to watch this thread. :allears:

The league's second most successful owner all time is a Brit who has little idea how baseball works, much less fantasy baseball.

Give it a shot! Or at the very least, don't watch THIS thread but instead watch the main thread that'll be linked when sign-up closes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Don't put Dean in the minors. We're all well aware of Dean's premature career demise, but Mogul isn't.

It's why the Dean on the Browns that threw like 2 innings works. It's why Smoky Joe Williams can still pitch brilliantly even after he couldn't throw the drat ball in real life. It's why post-2012 Albert Pujolses can still sometimes hit like Albert Pujols, rather than the sad husk he's turned into.

I mean, do what you want in the EC. Probably good to see what your other arms can do. But Dizzy Dean is absolutely one of your 5 best starting pitchers, and that could be said for probably 95% of the entire league. He rules.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Hey, since like 90% of you are going to end up in the Subpar League, and I am likely going to be commish of the Subpar League next season:

I'm not allowing any owner to manually set park factors (meaning you can't say "this park has 200% more dingers and 50% as many doubles" or whatever). I'm also going to be limiting crazy dimensions on ballparks. I haven't decided what "limiting crazy dimensions" is; I want to still allow a wide array of ballparks without venturing into the "a team's ballpark is their best player by far" territory.

But those of you who are thinking of making ridiculously outlandish dimensions for your home fields: do so at your own risk, because I might snap those dimensions to a pre-set ceiling/floor when the time comes for your team to enter my league.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

It's the EC, so do as you like, obviously.

But know that Roberto Alomar played a whopping 40 innings of shortstop in his career and it's gonna be a disaster zone trying him there vs. LHP.

Vizquel is more than capable of handling the position and will even get on base at a not completely terrible rate.

Also you have Placido Polanco who apparently is the greatest fielding third baseman in the history of MLB. I am not sure if that matters.

• Locked thread