Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
you do a lot of that weird trinket stuff, you'd probably make a good witch if there's an apocalypse. something to keep in mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

EorayMel posted:

Fun fact: some deer will dig holes in the ground, piss and poo poo in said hole, then sit in said piss and poo poo to attract other horny deer.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1330817/Bizarre-pictures-young-male-deers-extraordinary-trick-attract-females.html
whoa. interesting trick. may have to try it my self

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Mr. Unlucky posted:

you do a lot of that weird trinket stuff, you'd probably make a good witch if there's an apocalypse. something to keep in mind.

I'd be a remarkable witch, among other things I inherited a bunch of narwhal ivory (unicorn) which from what I hear is like witch gold

Beard Dandruff
May 10, 2017

Want to win a consultation with Tiffany? Click
here.

Pick posted:

Exactly.

On second thought having a trophy of the dead elk you shot kind of makes sense, but I'm guessing your not the one who dropped said elk?

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Is that the one you call “Hugh” op?

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Creepy

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Nice dead head, creep

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

geez it looks like pretty good taxidermy I mean what's not to love

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

a hole-y ghost posted:

geez it looks like pretty good taxidermy I mean what's not to love

The workmanship is really excellent on this piece.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I feel like worshipping Satan when I see that

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
It could be worse...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

I was gonna say on the other hand terrible taxidermy is pretty offputting, look above for exhibit A

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

a hole-y ghost posted:

I was gonna say on the other hand terrible taxidermy is pretty offputting, look above for exhibit A

My inherited tiger is somewhat poor but it's a sign of the times. This elk is actually from the 90s, and has a nice subtle turn of the head too. He's just marvelous.

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Do u have a bf yet?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

i like that posted:

Do u have a bf yet?

Nah, I'm getting used to not having Hugh around and trying to figure myself oot

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Post more taxidermy collection!

Navin Johnson
Mar 1, 2016

Pick has distracted y'all with another animal head thread. Wtf happend to " I would ban/probate her. She hates men."

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Navin Johnson posted:

Pick has distracted y'all with another animal head thread. Wtf happend to " I would ban/probate her. She hates men."

Pick is cool and good :shrug:

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Navin Johnson posted:

Shhhhhh....

The master at work

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

PathAsc posted:

Post more taxidermy collection!

OK, what kind of animals do you want to guess I have? As noted, a lot of it is kept as cedar trunks at my parents'place because it's just stupid and untenable to be paying Portland prices to house it here.

One of my biggest fights with my mother was using my own allowance to import "rare crabs"

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
DON'T YOU HAVE ENOUGH CRABS

IT'S MY loving MONEY YOU SHOULD BE GLAD I'M NOT DOING COCAINE WITH MY FRIENDS

WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO WITH THESE CRABS THEY ALL LOOK THE SAME

YOU'RE NOT EVEN OBSERVING THE CRAB SPECIMENS THEY ARE ALL SO DIFFERENT!!! HOW IS AN ELBOW CRAB SIMILAR TO A SLIPPER LOBSTER YOU DON'T EVEN PAY ATTENTION TO ME

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Pick posted:

OK, what kind of animals do you want to guess I have? As noted, a lot of it is kept as cedar trunks at my parents'place because it's just stupid and untenable to be paying Portland prices to house it here.

One of my biggest fights with my mother was using my own allowance to import "rare crabs"

I got crabs once for free :buddy:

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Pick posted:

DON'T YOU HAVE ENOUGH CRABS

IT'S MY loving MONEY YOU SHOULD BE GLAD I'M NOT DOING COCAINE WITH MY FRIENDS

WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO WITH THESE CRABS THEY ALL LOOK THE SAME

YOU'RE NOT EVEN OBSERVING THE CRAB SPECIMENS THEY ARE ALL SO DIFFERENT!!! HOW IS AN ELBOW CRAB SIMILAR TO A SLIPPER LOBSTER YOU DON'T EVEN PAY ATTENTION TO ME

Maybe she wanted you doing drugs to get out of the house more?? And not collecting ultra rare crabs and crab-like critters.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

i like that posted:

Do u have a bf yet?

His head is on the other wall.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Pick posted:

I'd say maybe some fox squirrels, a couple of migratory birds, and a raccoon.

Right or wrong, post what ya got.

Monos Bullet
Dec 6, 2016

Yea, and I say unto you, bringeth me a machiatto of caramel, with crickets on top.

Pick posted:

OK, what kind of animals do you want to guess I have?

if you have a tiger you better also have some part of an elephant. i'll also guess you have a moose or a fox. can reptiles be taxidermied?

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

i stand to inherit some gross stuffed pheasant and tbqh i'd rather not, taxidermy is a hobby for budding serial killers

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
This is pretty white trash for someone so bourgeois they wouldn't be caught dead with a coach purse :(

I blame Disney
Sep 30, 2016

They know what they did
Hey Pick you forgot to post what you have hanging on the other side of the wall!

P.S. taxidermy is incredibly hosed up fyi.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
Yeah. Collecting dead animal parts is like a half rung higher up the social ladder from collecting used underwear from the homeless.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Lol, look at all the goons scared of the mean outside animals.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

PathAsc posted:

Lol, look at all the goons scared of the mean outside animals.

i'm not scared of deer, they chill out on my lawn all the time. i'm disgusted by the rednecks that turn them into decorations

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

hell if you want to shoot a deer and eat it that i understand fine, it's the twisted mind that thinks corpses make good discussion pieces that concerns me

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Population control and keeping specimens is fine, but to each their own.

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

what does the word "crab" mean to you?

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

hot take - taxidermists deserve to be ridiculed just like furrys, libertarians, weeaboos and incels

Ziggy Smalls
May 24, 2008

If pain's what you
want in a man,
Pain I can do
Definitely thought this was gonna be Hugh's dead body.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
Deer are fine in my stomach, and I'm fine with anybody who wants to just shoot them and leave em to rot because that's one more that won't be running out in front of my car at night. But thinking to yourself "Hey, you know what would really make this living room pop? Roadkill!" is pretty weird.

...Unless you're Conan.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Frankenstyle posted:

Deer are fine in my stomach, and I'm fine with anybody who wants to just shoot them and leave em to rot because that's one more that won't be running out in front of my car at night. But thinking to yourself "Hey, you know what would really make this living room pop? Roadkill!" is pretty awesome :black101:

ftfy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Zoos and museums are bad - Percelus

• Locked thread