Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Everyone’s favorite way to waste an hour of their life is back November 7 for season 5!

I have a love/hate relationship with this show. Meaning I hate that I waste so much time watching it knowing I’m going to be disappointed but I love uhhhhhhhh

Curse of Oak Island follows two brothers and their friends as they attempt to find buried treasure in Oak Island, a small elephant shaped island off the coast of Canada. They have dug multiple holes and excavated large areas. There’s areas they believe are booby trapped.

SPOILERS:

since the start of the show, they really haven’t found much. At all. They’ve spent tons of money excavating and hiring people to try and find treasure. Unfortunately they haven’t found really anything. A few random coins, coconut fibers. Some rocks.

They spend 50% of each show telling the same exact history about the Island, 25% talking about some crazy thing that the treasure could be, and 15% actually trying to find things (the other 10% is buried in 10X).

The narrator drives me insane. Whenever a cast member says anything even semi significant, the narrator immediately says “could it be?!” Followed by whatever the cast member just said. For example:

Marty: “I’ve heard there’s possibly Elvis buried at the bottom of 10x”

Narrator: “COULD IT BE??!! ELVIS?!! BURIED??!!! AT THE BOTTOM OF 10X??!!!?????”

I hate this show and hate that I waste so much time on it. However I watch every single week and I can’t explain why. Join me, my friends, and let’s discuss!

END OF AN ERROR fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Oct 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

It was found by that ex slave who somehow became rich.

I haven’t watched an episode yet this season, yet somehow I feel like I haven’t missed a single thing.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Let’s pretend I haven’t watched a single episode except the first one this season. Is there really any reason for me to watch the rest?

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Is this a good show to watch if you like history?

History, The channel? Sure.

Actual history as in events that have occurred, and that you may learn things from? Lmao

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Imagine being the guys who have to look through hundreds of hours of boring rear end video to choose ten minutes of stuff for each episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

VictorianQueerLit posted:

Wow that was a complete waste of an episode.

Can the mods rename this thread to “Curse of Oak Island : WOW That Was A Waste of an Episode” please

• Locked thread