Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

sunnyboy posted:

At this point I want them to find a large-ish chunk of wood with a drawing of kilroy on it, with the inscription underneath reading "up yours, baby". Sadly, all the gold bars will be gone. :-D

personally i've always hoped they find a vault that is totally empty save for a 30 year old polaroid of Fred Nolan giving the finger with a note that says 'UP YOURS BLANKENSHIP'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

sunnyboy posted:

The only thing that annoys me about the show is the way they got all their ideas and execution from watching Roadrunner & Coyote cartoons. I call it the "ACME" show now, because they try some idea exactly ONE TIME and then give up.

Like a diver down a hole ONCE. Give up. Next season, a different diver down a hole ONCE and give up. Giving up is what they seem to do best, although starting something at like 1pm and working for 1 hour then saying "Welp, time to call it a day" (in bright sunshine) is pretty good for a laugh as well.

Filming is done for 10-12 hours a day over the course of 4-6 months. There's so, so, so, so SO much footage that will never see the light of a tv screen. There are exceptions of course, but most 'work' scenes you see are in fact filmed over multiple days, if not weeks or months. Sorry to ruin the fun for you, but what you're seeing in 1-hour chunks is a highly distilled but incredibly light sampling of everything that happens.

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Imagine being the guys who have to look through hundreds of hours of boring rear end video to choose ten minutes of stuff for each episode.

We've handed over literally 80 hours of footage from a single day's shoot before. The assistant editors have the worst job of the entire production.

• Locked thread