Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ricdesi
Mar 18, 2014

Does it really need saying?
WE HAVE FOUND THE COIN FARM. Hopefully we won't need to use it too much (and judging by how much we're raking in without even trying in the last 16 episodes, we may not need to farm much at all), but when it comes time to buy the 119 Power Moons that come from Coin Shops, we should be able to do that without too much strain.

Part 116: "Don't Me Fall Now" | 794 | Bowser's Castle, Bowser's Kingdom
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBGWzYYCnis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ricdesi
Mar 18, 2014

Holy hell, this Koopa Freerunning course is MASSIVE. Might be the longest in the game, this could take us a while to get through...

Part 117: "Are We Still on Course Here?" | 802 | Bowser's Castle, Bowser's Kingdom
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNj4EXJ3BZ8

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I think the festival getup is my favorite look for Peach so far. And Mario's got some too!

Now I'm curious about the gold guy's line. Did he have another way to get around the tiny islands, or was he always just hooking onto the electric orbs and you beat him there?

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

I saw some vid on youtube explaining that for every world, in the moon list you can see how many shop moons you bought at that world's shop. That number goes up to 99 per shop.

He was claiming that getting that number to 99 for *every world* is true real 100%... and of course shortly afterwards some crazy person grinded coins for 24 hours straight and maxxed that number.

So if you really want true completion you're going to have to do that nonsense. :P

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I know I mentioned 100% but if it involves that kind of bullshit, I'm not expecting anything of the sort.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

D. Ebdrup posted:

I know I mentioned 100% but if it involves that kind of bullshit, I'm not expecting anything of the sort.

Yeah, the 100% speedrun category is I believe 999 moons + all costumes. The thing I mentioned is something that you can do, yes. But it isn't part of any category and anyone actually doing that is insane.

999 is somewhat significant because, other than the Odyssey counter being maxed out, it's when the final little easter egg unlocks.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I'm glad to know there's an easter-egg associated with the 999 coins, even if it's just a tiny thing.

ricdesi
Mar 18, 2014

Carbon dioxide posted:

I saw some vid on youtube explaining that for every world, in the moon list you can see how many shop moons you bought at that world's shop. That number goes up to 99 per shop.

He was claiming that getting that number to 99 for *every world* is true real 100%... and of course shortly afterwards some crazy person grinded coins for 24 hours straight and maxxed that number.

You've gotta be loving kidding me.

Honestly, I'm surprised they didn't plan it out so that every kingdom has exactly 10 Power Moons to purchase, or something, you know? Having it arbitrarily go up to... what would that be, 2167 Power Moons? That's... really drat bizarre.

Yeah, we're not doing that. We are, however, finally back to the moon itself! Only a few locales left to hit up before we close the book for good.

Part 118: "Jizzing in the Hidden Room" | 808 | Bowser's Castle, Bowser's Kingdom / Peach's Castle, Mushroom Kingdom
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41ZPNfkNX54

Part 119: "The Overwhelming Gravity" | 817 | Honeylune Ridge, Moon Kingdom
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDoyZUCulfY

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Speaking of completion, I don't recall whether you've had a good look at the top of the exhaust of the Odyssey - I think there's something special about it, but I can't for the life of me remember.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

D. Ebdrup posted:

Speaking of completion, I don't recall whether you've had a good look at the top of the exhaust of the Odyssey - I think there's something special about it, but I can't for the life of me remember.

Mario won't remember either because of the carbon monoxide poisoning

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I've enjoyed this whole LP having binged through it over the last month or so! Actually the one part I didn't enjoy was when one of your guests had a little rant about how he, a straight white dude, finds political correctness so irritating :jerkbag:

Anyway I'm digging through your YouTube channel now and bingeing your earlier Breath of the Wild LP, its good poo poo :discourse:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

D. Ebdrup posted:

They did, it's a pipe into the ship.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Bruceski posted:

They did, it's a pipe into the ship.
Oddly enough, I knew that somehow - but I don't recall if he comes out all soot-covered. I know going through the fireplace in Yoshi's house has that effect, though - because I remember that.
Another thing that's perhaps worth trying before end-game is sitting in Peach's chair with the Kings Outfit on? But I won't tell you what to do since I don't like back-seat gaming too much, and don't know anything more about the game than has been covered in the videos as I haven't ever played SMO because I don't own a Switch.

Hedrigall posted:

I've enjoyed this whole LP having binged through it over the last month or so!
I binged the whole thing in the last few days because I variously have too little to do, or too much time. Take your pick.
I have to say, I really liked the bit where you cut to a real camera and that egg cooker going absolutely nuts - and thankfully you haven't overdone it either, which is a blessing because I'm sure it gets tiring real fast.

ricdesi
Mar 18, 2014

Hedrigall posted:

Mario won't remember either because of the carbon monoxide poisoning

:ducksiren:

Hedrigall posted:

I've enjoyed this whole LP having binged through it over the last month or so! Actually the one part I didn't enjoy was when one of your guests had a little rant about how he, a straight white dude, finds political correctness so irritating :jerkbag:

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I don't blame you on that one.

Hedrigall posted:

Anyway I'm digging through your YouTube channel now and bingeing your earlier Breath of the Wild LP, its good poo poo :discourse:

Ayy, hope you enjoy it! It was a TON of fun to make, I'm really looking forward to see where the franchise goes from there! We did a thread for that on here too, it is a seriously dense LP, and by far the largest we've ever done (twice as much content as we have here in Odyssey, and the only other ones bigger than this one are three Nuzlockes and a torturous 100% run of Mega Man Battle Network 4.

D. Ebdrup posted:

Another thing that's perhaps worth trying before end-game is sitting in Peach's chair with the Kings Outfit on? But I won't tell you what to do since I don't like back-seat gaming too much, and don't know anything more about the game than has been covered in the videos as I haven't ever played SMO because I don't own a Switch.

Will do! Don't know if we would have ended up trying that on our own, so thanks for the heads up!

D. Ebdrup posted:

I have to say, I really liked the bit where you cut to a real camera and that egg cooker going absolutely nuts - and thankfully you haven't overdone it either, which is a blessing because I'm sure it gets tiring real fast.

Yeah, I love finding excuses for unusual edits in our videos, that was a fun one to try, especially never having actually heard the egg timer myself until recording that, haha.

Anyhow, in honor of Mario's magic number 120, let's see if we can get to the church on time! Wait...

Part 120: "You Can Still Make It" | 825 | Honeylune Ridge, Moon Kingdom
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UGN1mMSMMo

Part 121: "All Up and Down the Church" | 832 | Honeylune Ridge, Moon Kingdom
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Puo-Eel1mQ

ricdesi
Mar 18, 2014

Winding down the Moon Kingdom, and getting a bit frustrated with some of the more... tedious final Power Moons. But let's go pick them up nonetheless.

Part 122: "You Gotta Leave Him Behind" | 839 | Honeylune Ridge, Moon Kingdom
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57ehqvUoHIE

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Watching you guys scroll past the power moon in the coin shop kinda hurt.

ricdesi
Mar 18, 2014

Yeahhhhhhh, we grab that early in the next video, I have no idea how we never noticed that.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
It is kind of adorable just seeing everybody chill out and have a good time. You might not want to live on the moon, but it's nice to visit.

ricdesi
Mar 18, 2014

Yeah, it's really neat to see folks from all over the game world just come together and appreciate the awesome sight of the Earth from so far away. Such a tranquil, cool little moment.

Anyway, we're dumbshits and can't remember where scarecrows are. Or that "scarecrow" and "strawman" aren't the same thing. Help.

Part 123: "Grounchy" | 842 | Honeylune Ridge, Moon Kingdom / Steam Gardens, Wooded Kingdom
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QESOMJDwN28

ricdesi
Mar 18, 2014

And back to the Mushroom Kingdom we go! For real, this time. Which means picking up the sheep and finding the rest of the more obscure stuff kicking around Peach's Castle.

Part 124: "Bird Woman" | 855 | Peach's Castle, Mushroom Kingdom
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cr7ene27Qyg

ricdesi
Mar 18, 2014

Happy 4/20, everybody! We're taking it easy today, wandering the hillside looking for a hat man. That's not a euphemism, we're looking for eyes on the back of heads, it's gonna take a while.

Part 125: "Birds Are Basically Land Rats" | 859 | Peach's Castle, Mushroom Kingdom
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-bvFr7cyak

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I like all the wrinkles in those painting refights. And also the star names for them. Some Toad's all hyped up for pulse-pounding action this sunday Sunday SUNDAY, only on Pay-Per-View!

ricdesi
Mar 18, 2014

IT'S THE RUMBLE IN THE JUNGLE (KINDGOM), WITH THE THUNDER FROM DOWN UNDER (KINGDOM)

Looks like we're in the home stretch now, let's clear out the Mushroom Kingdom, and swing on over to Rabbit Ridge on the Dark Side of the Moon to get the final set taken care of.

Part 126: "One of the More Exciting Ones" | 864 | Peach's Castle, Mushroom Kingdom / Rabbit Ridge, Dark Side
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifKwY_cqmgY

ricdesi
Mar 18, 2014

Oh gently caress me. Of course the last Rabbit Ridge challenge we're going to run into... is the loving scooter challenge. With no scooter. Kill me.

Part 127: "Now You're the Scooter" | 868 | Rabbit Ridge, Dark Side
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGWqdEP7wcg

ricdesi
Mar 18, 2014

The end is nigh, it's almost time to say goodbye, so let's get the rest of the Power Moons, and start winding this bad boy down.

Part 128: "Some Business to Attend To" | 877 | Peach's Castle, Mushroom Kingdom / Tostarena, Sand Kingdom / Lake Lamode, Lake Kingdom / New Donk City, Metro Kingdom / Bubblaine, Seaside Kingdom / Mount Volbono, Luncheon Kingdom / Crumbleden, Ruined Kingdom / Forgotten Isle, Lost Kingdom
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I94QMIcJ1I

ricdesi
Mar 18, 2014

We've got quite a lot of Power Moons to buy. So let's examine the age-old question... what is a boob?

Part 129: "Solve for Boob" | 996 | Forgotten Isle, Lost Kingdom / Bowser's Castle, Bowser's Kingdom
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLpeTuLldIQ

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Boob: An embarassing mistake.
Example: When you blame someone else for you misremembering. ie. someone making a suggestion to try something out of curiocity, being mistaken for someone telling you to try something because something would definitely happen.

ricdesi
Mar 18, 2014

D. Ebdrup posted:

Boob: An embarassing mistake.
Example: When you blame someone else for you misremembering. ie. someone making a suggestion to try something out of curiocity, being mistaken for someone telling you to try something because something would definitely happen.

Haha, fair enough, though honestly King Mario plopping down on the throne is kind of an adorable reward all to itself, works for me.

And so, all good things...

Part 130: "Long Journey's End" | 999 | Culmina Crater, Darker Side / Peach's Castle, Mushroom Kingdom / Honeylune Ridge, Moon Kingdom
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkB9HKaptWk

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Thanks for showing all that off. This game has a lot to offer and I personally feel the Mario formula works way better with big open worlds than the Zelda formula.

One thing you didn't do was go back to Metro Kingdom after getting 8-bit Jump up Super star. The easter egg that unlocks there is that you can play the musical level with the 8-bit version of the music playing now.

Also how the hell did you completely miss that huge rear end hat on top of the castle as the map first loaded in? And also when you walked towards the castle? And also when you first went to the roof?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Thanks for showing off the game! I'm not getting a Switch anytime soon so living vicariously through you guys has been fun.

ricdesi
Mar 18, 2014

Carbon dioxide posted:

Thanks for showing all that off. This game has a lot to offer and I personally feel the Mario formula works way better with big open worlds than the Zelda formula.

Ibblebibble posted:

Thanks for showing off the game! I'm not getting a Switch anytime soon so living vicariously through you guys has been fun.

It's been a SERIOUS blast, this is easily one of the most fun experiences I've ever had, let alone on the channel. If the game had 10,000 Power Moons, I'd be just as thrilled to keep playing this for so much longer, but alas, finite things being finite. Glad you guys enjoyed the series! Whatever comes next has a LOT to live up to.

Carbon dioxide posted:

One thing you didn't do was go back to Metro Kingdom after getting 8-bit Jump up Super star. The easter egg that unlocks there is that you can play the musical level with the 8-bit version of the music playing now.

Ah, drat it, you're right. That's a neat bonus too, we were starting to feel a little lost remembering what stuff to go check out at the end, hence why we ended where we did.

Carbon dioxide posted:

Also how the hell did you completely miss that huge rear end hat on top of the castle as the map first loaded in? And also when you walked towards the castle? And also when you first went to the roof?

I have no loving clue how we missed that. Must have just been selectively ignoring it since as far as I could tell, there was no reason to notice the castle, despite there being something super noticeable on top of the castle, oof.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
...heh. They edited Luigi into the thank you for playing picture. That's pretty great. You keep doin' you, green bean.

• Locked thread