Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Pharohman777 posted:

Basically there is a series of 'plot' power moons indicated by the big text pop ups that lead into each other. Grabbing one activates a pan-over cutscene leading to the next, etc.

When the last in the chain is done, a ton of power moons and stuff in the level is unlocked, so holding off on exploration until then is a good idea, otherwise you have to backtrack to everywhere.

There are some available before that too from what I've seen (man I wish I had money for a Switch) so exploring isn't verboten, some things may just be locked off. You can explore while following the plot, explore later, or what have you. Depends on how big your completionist itch is and how you decide to scratch it. I assume you don't need anywhere near all 600 Moonshines to finish the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

A few nooks I caught, 12:20 uo the ramp on the right, 12:40 in the hole, and 13:00 around the corner.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Would the boss of this area be called the Loch Dress monster?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Glazius posted:

Man, you cleaned this place out. That's some good collectathon instincts. Some... thonstincts?

I think at the end Talkatoo was telling you about another moon in that flower-bounce area where you died a whole bunch? That's generally true of any place with its own load screen - there's a secret or a harder version of the minigame.

I think at 17:12 on part 15, left side of the screen. Hard to tell, but I don't think something would just jut out there for no reason.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

[quote="ricdesi" post=""47866537"](and next week is entirely dedicated to the kingdom after Lost Kingdom, it's a real treat!), so it should be rad.
[/quote]
Whatever other side quests you do, make sure to do the mayor's stuff. It's worth it.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Of course the boss of the retro world is a centipede. Are there space invaders too?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

One touch for that song, in the "Odyssey, ya see" bridge the backing music is the original DK stage 1 music, and during it Pauline's dance is her original sprite animation.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TU3rDNvEGec the end song in all its glory. Reminds me of bad Sonic music, but I like the Mario 64 Bowser riff in the middle. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbVB-H88jSU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I'm curious whether you *need* to get across the lake. The other goombrellas have just needed you to get close and sit there for a bit, but you kept running up and then running away.

Then again, that moat sure does have a lot of pillars in it.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

For the freerunning, the octopus couldn't shoot high enough to get to the ledge from the beach, but I think if you'd hopped up on that ledge on the left it could have made it.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

After seeing the crown described as "matress salesman hat" I can't see outfits with it as anything but some weird commercial gimmick. "Come down for spooooooooky savings, but these spirits won't keep you awake at night!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

D. Ebdrup posted:

Speaking of completion, I don't recall whether you've had a good look at the top of the exhaust of the Odyssey - I think there's something special about it, but I can't for the life of me remember.
They did, it's a pipe into the ship.

• Locked thread