Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

The Mario franchise makes way too much money for them to end it here. There'll be more.

I'm just wondering if Nintendo can keep up these huuuuge gameworlds like BotW and Odyssey. I really have no idea what's next. Zelda is even harder to predict than Mario though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Was the Mario 64 castle music playing in that room with the boss painting?

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

But do you ever go back to find out if the Roomba can show you where that last moon is? The suspense is killing me. DUN DUN DUN

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

I found some official Nintendo account that seems to post Mario Odyssey behind the scenes stuff.

https://twitter.com/mario_odysseyJP/status/963892617866969088

Google translate of the tweet: Following the Odyssey ... This is also a 3D model of "Mario's expression" that can not be seen in the game. Various expressions Mario shows in the trip are made with such feeling!

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2018/03/05/nintendo-officially-says-mario-is-a-plumber-again.aspx

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Don't worry, I googled yellow five. Doesn't make you sterile, it just kills asthma patients and makes kids hyperactive.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Now that you got that last piece of music, a neat little easter egg should be unlocked at the NDC Festival. Go back for it real quick if you like.

Also, Yoshi's House is literally Yoshi's House from the beginning of Super Mario World brought to 3D.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

I saw some vid on youtube explaining that for every world, in the moon list you can see how many shop moons you bought at that world's shop. That number goes up to 99 per shop.

He was claiming that getting that number to 99 for *every world* is true real 100%... and of course shortly afterwards some crazy person grinded coins for 24 hours straight and maxxed that number.

So if you really want true completion you're going to have to do that nonsense. :P

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

D. Ebdrup posted:

I know I mentioned 100% but if it involves that kind of bullshit, I'm not expecting anything of the sort.

Yeah, the 100% speedrun category is I believe 999 moons + all costumes. The thing I mentioned is something that you can do, yes. But it isn't part of any category and anyone actually doing that is insane.

999 is somewhat significant because, other than the Odyssey counter being maxed out, it's when the final little easter egg unlocks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Thanks for showing all that off. This game has a lot to offer and I personally feel the Mario formula works way better with big open worlds than the Zelda formula.

One thing you didn't do was go back to Metro Kingdom after getting 8-bit Jump up Super star. The easter egg that unlocks there is that you can play the musical level with the 8-bit version of the music playing now.

Also how the hell did you completely miss that huge rear end hat on top of the castle as the map first loaded in? And also when you walked towards the castle? And also when you first went to the roof?

• Locked thread