Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
Get rid of revenants brooch and buff the rapier spell amp to like 50% so it's actually a spell caster item also.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

bring back all the items that were removed and make the neutral item pool even more massive and take away your option of choosing which you get

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Copper For Lyfe posted:

Get rid of revenants brooch and buff the rapier spell amp to like 50% so it's actually a spell caster item also.

No, brooch is necessary for rear end in a top hat heroes like Necro and Muerta.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Mr.Acula posted:

bring back all the items that were removed and make the neutral item pool even more massive and take away your option of choosing which you get

take away neutral items and put the side shops back, add the cool neutrals to side shop god bless

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Make the outposts heal you again.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Zeus %50 spell damage rapier build. Get Aghs, start building rapiers, never go past your own tier 2s

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Sab669 posted:

Separating it out would remove that.
If there were different str/agi/int rapiers like the blink daggers, you could do something goofy like allowing the player who picks up a locked rapier one chance to change it to the variant of their choice, which would mean that it's not completely wasted for your Lich player to pick up a rapier by accident.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i thinbk they should bring back necrobook

combine it with a rapier & it spawns ancients maybe?

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
4 raipers, agi str int uni, plus a refresher and an aegis lets you uproot your ancient and pilot it down mid lane

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Smythe posted:

i thinbk they should bring back necrobook

combine it with a rapier & it spawns ancients maybe?

Yes but not ancient creeps, additional radiant and dire ancients so you can have backups, the enemies have to kill them all to win

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
How about an item that summons a movable ward that reduces all damage received and deals dps? The ward could take a few hits to destroy and it would build from Vlads so that unused item has an upgrade path.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

I wish I could x out heroes from random how many times am I gonna get visage and Chen it isn't fair

Additionally what hero should I spam next mid.. I've got puck, the spirits, invoker and viper basically as good as I'm gonna get them what's fun. Legend and probably never gonna get back up a tier

flashman fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Mar 20, 2024

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Gyro, Bounty, Venge, Huskar, Timber, Tinker. All great mid heroes.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Venge? With her, what, 130 Attack Range? How does she not just get dumpstered by everyone?

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Sometimes your role as a mid can be a support that gets important levels early. Use your ult to win the side lanes, group up with your team to push with your aura, snowball from there. Even if things go to poo poo and all lanes are lost, you have a useful kit.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I feel like if I tried that, with the poor range and mediocre damage I'd just get out-harassed & denied and be super behind on levels.

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
they should make the like 4th or 5th rosh drop a rapier

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Venge was played mid in pro games shortly after she got her stun duration buffed. with blight stone and wave of terror, she bullies people incredibly hard.

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
Lmao @ releasing khanda and spell amp rapier at the same time

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

scott zoloft posted:

Lmao @ releasing khanda and spell amp rapier at the same time

Bounty pickers rejoice.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Some other mid options: Tiny, Night Stalker, Death Prophet/Nature's Profit. NP is interesting since it's so easy to be in side lanes making a mess

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Bounty pickers rejoice.

Lower MMRs are menaced by Khanda BH. It's a nightmare since your team has no idea how to manage it. I end up by just buying wards and dust and just standing next to are carry and placing a ward every time he farms a camp and mad pinging BH when even he pops up.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Didn't realize timber would be good mid.. I spammed ten or fifteen games in the offlane so that looks nice. I've played a few huskar and really sort of sucked at it, armlet is for big brains.

Timber and death prophet I think will be juicy and dp in particular can be a good pick when they've got a beefy team that I'm sort of missing with my current roster.

Thx lads ancient here I come

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

flashman posted:

Didn't realize timber would be good mid.. I spammed ten or fifteen games in the offlane so that looks nice. I've played a few huskar and really sort of sucked at it, armlet is for big brains.

Timber and death prophet I think will be juicy and dp in particular can be a good pick when they've got a beefy team that I'm sort of missing with my current roster.

Thx lads ancient here I come

Dude try centaur mid. In a 4, 1, 1 build up. And just focus on CS and denies til its time to gank. The getting is good rn

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Bounty pickers rejoice.

At some point in the last year when radiance and heart were good on almost anyone i'd go rad/heart bh mid and just run and burn down anyone i could catch out of position. Now it's all khanda and super jinada. Miss that poo poo

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

scott zoloft posted:

Dude try centaur mid. In a 4, 1, 1 build up. And just focus on CS and denies til its time to gank. The getting is good rn

I like this as well especially if you've got a wimpy offlaner

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

try huskar, one of the hardest mid heroes to play. not because of the laning phase because if you're A) against a melee hero B) against most ranged heroes you have a freewin lane, the challenge is figuring out why, after dominating your lane so hard the other person jungles at level 4, you still lose the game because you got ganked one time midgame

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

drat you been peeping my dotabuff or

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

Sab669 posted:

The "one size fits all" nature of Rapier being good for right clickers & non is good, because then it doesn't matter who picks it up after you die with it. It's good on anyone who can grab it, basically.

Separating it out would remove that.

Do it like treads, click through physical/magic dmg/defensive rapier.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Miss Lonelyhearts posted:

Do it like treads, click through physical/magic dmg/defensive rapier.

getting killed because you accidentally turned the str rapier to int mid fight

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
I've gone 10/2 my last 12 games. I'm really getting my grove. We lost the last game because infuriatingly our Offlane DK went Safelane at min 1 (after getting a nice first blood) and competed with our AM for CS. The P5 all chatted to please leave, but eventually he just came to offlane where I was, but since I was 2v1, I had a terrible first few minutes. Eventually the AM got the hint and came bottom, but not until he was only lvl 6 at 15 min.

Me and the Storm Mid held out valiantly but the DK and AM just kept competing for who could farm the least. Both were herald V, and ended the game with less combined NW than our P5 shaman. What a disasterous 45 min game. I really thought storm and I could keep it together, but the AM and DK didn't buy any items (well AM had SnY and DK had a Mage Slayer at 30 minutes) but you know.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Alright, I don't l like to double post we just slapped in this game, our team names were on point:

1) HugeDragon -> safelane Sven
2) A Rat -> Offlane Doom
3) Literally a Dog -> p4 hoodwink (me)
4) Dinosaur888 -> p5 jakiro

The mid was a luna with out a cool name

We just made animal noises in all chat the entire game. referring to ourselves and Team Spirit Animals. We absolutely dumpstered them.
I really like Dota2.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

On the flip side I just had one of those games that just makes you :sigh:

Me [CM of course] + a Juggernaut vs Abba-Earth Shaker. Every single time Abba would pre-emptively Shield and run at us, so I could Frostbite him and then Jugg just... runs away. We push down a few of their T2's, whole team agrees to back off and Rosh... Jugg TPs to farm Mid.

Just one of those games of the Carry playing their own game and we 100% lose because of it.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Sab669 posted:

On the flip side I just had one of those games that just makes you :sigh:

Me [CM of course] + a Juggernaut vs Abba-Earth Shaker. Every single time Abba would pre-emptively Shield and run at us, so I could Frostbite him and then Jugg just... runs away. We push down a few of their T2's, whole team agrees to back off and Rosh... Jugg TPs to farm Mid.

Just one of those games of the Carry playing their own game and we 100% lose because of it.

Don't worry my next game was one of those :psyduck: Offlane due of me and the rat again, but this time our safelane just fed so much. We even got two lanes of racks but our Luna with no items just kept running and dying over and over. Even a few times when I saved her and got her out, she'd run back in with 1hp and die. What a game.

We were even 5/4 since their p5 disconnected, but the gold advantage it gave them was just too much.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Super-NintendoUser posted:

Even a few times when I saved her and got her out, she'd run back in with 1hp and die.

At least her heart is in the right place lol

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Sab669 posted:

At least her heart is in the right place lol

It's so lovely when you Euls them out of a Pudge eat, and then they run back in, and you force them out of a Skywraith Flare, then you Greeves them right as they get Called, but then run back in to the WD ult.

I can't even.

Also lol I had a veno game where I went 2/17/40 and dealt like 35000 damage. I'd run in, get Ult/Gale/Wards, and immediately die but still kill almost team wipe them.

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
All my best veno games are like 2/2/25 stat lines, just cover 360 degrees around me with wards before doing anything. Sorry enemy blink initiators, not today

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
At low MMR no one realizes how much damage is going on. If you get all your spells off it doesn't matter if you die you get 100% contribution.

Spiking
Dec 14, 2003

On the flip side, don't neglect how much gold and XP the wards can give the enemy early, when they're at lvl1-2 and easy to kill. I don't find many players who pay attention enough to farm them at my MMR. (about 2-2.1k)
I used to love when veno's Gale spawned two wards on hit though. That poo poo was so fun, but very OP. Probably deservedly removed.

Have been cranking along with my 1-2 game habit every other night or so, when my usual duo's partner is online. Mostly enjoying Lion finally being pretty powerful, my training has finally paid off, when he's not banned. I feel like the current patch is difficult on offlane, or something about my skill is lacking. It really feels like you need to dominate the carry in lane, or they all come out monstrously fast and take all your outer towers (Seeing a lot of troll, aggressive void, life stealer). Playing some viper to counter has worked decently well, but the mage slayer nerfs hurt him. Appreciate any offlane thoughts from better carries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiking
Dec 14, 2003

Super nintendo user, you would probably appreciate the ability draft mode if you have never tried it. People tend to have a nicer attitude I've noticed and it can be a good way to learn better just some key skills in a way that will help you avoid/counter them.