Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

https://www.dota2.com/newsentry/6127782523022178336

No Crownfall until mid-April

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Someone in this thread mentioned toggling Rapier damage type, they were right.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

quote:

Divine Rapier
Damage bonus decreased from +350 to +100
No longer provides 25% Spell Amplification by default
Now can be toggled between two modes: one provides additional +250 Damage, another one provides +25% Spell Amplification. Cooldown: 6s.

Oh poo poo

e; ^^Beat me :(

ee;

quote:

Crystal Maiden
Crystal Clone
Mana Cost increased from 50 to 150

It's not a DOTA Patch without CM nerfs :negative:

Sab669 fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Mar 21, 2024

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

i had the prophecy today cause i kept trying to chainfrost my spire today as lich and now it's real

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Spiking posted:

On the flip side, don't neglect how much gold and XP the wards can give the enemy early, when they're at lvl1-2 and easy to kill. I don't find many players who pay attention enough to farm them at my MMR. (about 2-2.1k)
I used to love when veno's Gale spawned two wards on hit though. That poo poo was so fun, but very OP. Probably deservedly removed.

Yeah, somehow I got from 2k to 4k spamming Veno. Pretty much exclusively go 1-4-1 then max wards. I'm usually using them to scout out where the enemy would rotate from/tp to or to keep vision on an enemy who's already running away. I don't really rely on them for damage, the combo of vision, slow, and blink cancel is all you need.

I guess maxing Q is good too but I don't want to worry about stupid things like "mana regen". Just lemme right click their cores once for 400 damage over time and hit them with a ward for another 200 while they run away.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Hoodwink got little small nerfs so I'm ok with this patch.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
holy fuckin poo poo i CALLED it

Zeruel posted:

remove spell amp from existing rapier. make a new spell amp exclusive rapier. also make a defensive rapier (?)

:sickos:

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
what a pointless unnecessary change

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Sniper did too well with the rapier. Bounty as well.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
Brooch no longer crits too which kills it on pa i guess.

Finally treant gets through a patch without being touched.

That cm nerf is massive. She already struggles with her mana pool, and now you can't run around clearing 4 jungle camps a minute for 200 mana. I think if you don't roll a philosopher stone on her your games going to be super rough now.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
It wasn't super-balanced that the aoe frostbite cost a third of the mana that actual frostbite does, as fun as that was. A lot of the supports I was picking got nerfed in this patch, so it'll be a nice motivator to start mixing it up again.

ItohRespectArmy posted:

i had the prophecy today cause i kept trying to chainfrost my spire today as lich and now it's real

This is like tree getting his passive on his vines in that it's just such a "no duh" thing that I wonder why it took 'em so long to do it.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

One thing I've learned over the years is that it's way better to have a teammate that's bad at the game but still attempting to do what they're supposed to do, than someone that might be decent but just checked out.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Super-NintendoUser posted:

At low MMR no one realizes how much damage is going on. If you get all your spells off it doesn't matter if you die you get 100% contribution.

His aghs owns unfortunately the shard is trash even against tide or abaddon

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Idk I get a chub every time I Latent Toxicity a Juggernaut and then he Spins and stops moving :allears:

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
Veno aghs is ok but I'd never pay gold for it. Need that money for boots of bearing.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

I feel like it doesn't work (veno shard) vs dark pact. I guess the stun itself is purgeable? Lame

Spiking
Dec 14, 2003

I just hate his shard. It's way too situational and just not that fun to use anyway. He should get a Big ward from with more hp and damage it or have it buff his passive in some way. Maybe a big ward that buffs little wards around it.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Idk is also really fun to see someone BKB and get stunned too. I wish it had better range / faster projectile really. It's hard to stick it on who you want when you want as is.

Spiking
Dec 14, 2003

Oh if they want to keep it it should be like, double range. I don't want to be anywhere near the carry as support veno....

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Someone in this thread mentioned toggling Rapier damage type, they were right.

Miss Lonelyhearts posted:

Do it like treads, click through physical/magic dmg/defensive rapier.

Valve obvi reads this thread

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

IceFrog would be a goon

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

RisqueBarber posted:

His aghs owns unfortunately the shard is trash even against tide or abaddon

I play Veno P5 a lot, and I've gotten the shard like 10 times, and I think I've cast it a grand total of once. I just never remember to use it, and at low MMR no one buys dispel of BKB.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Happy 3/22 to those that observe, Dota thread :shobon:

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

I play Veno P5 a lot, and I've gotten the shard like 10 times, and I think I've cast it a grand total of once. I just never remember to use it, and at low MMR no one buys dispel of BKB.

Yeah at the end of the game my damage numbers on the shard are like 800 and aghs is 5k

The stun isn't bad tho

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

so HECKIN close and I cannot win a loving game for the life of me. We were crushing 2 matches ago then our Axe d/c'ing and abandoned :negative:

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

LET'S FUCKIN' GO :supaburn:

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
What's the trick to dealing with an OD? Every game against them he's unstoppable. Probably the right build is just BKB and go on him, right?

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

He’s just a clicker with a single weak disable and no escape. He needs levels and items to compete. He gets shut down hard by ghost scepter.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

What's the trick to dealing with an OD? Every game against them he's unstoppable. Probably the right build is just BKB and go on him, right?

Lotus orb if you’re a support, halberd if you’re a pos 3 or linkens if you’re the carry.

But I’m a archon scrub. So probably wrong.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Pick Rubick and throw him into space jail :hmmyes:

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

DNK posted:

He’s just a clicker with a single weak disable and no escape. He needs levels and items to compete. He gets shut down hard by ghost scepter.

So you ghost scepter yourself, and go on him? Typically I P4, I guess if you have a P4 with a stun you can ghost scepter, stun, and open the fight for him to get jumped on.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
you just use ghost form if he tries to hit you with autoattacks, it has nothing to do with initiating on him really. if you have all your items hotkeyed, it should be pretty trivial to press ghost scepter while his attack projectile is in midair on its way to you

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwPOBMmfaWA

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Man, just ended a game where the following happened:

1) Safelane Bane on our team that was lvl 12 by 20 minutes. He's a Herald II with 2.2k wins
2) Offlane Naga had about 4 last hits by 10 minutes, she was actively avoiding the lane, item build was Boots, manta, and Gleinper (queued by never any parts bought) ended game with 8k gold

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I really felt the parts about starting at around 3k and still being 3k a decade later, and also the part about finding better people to play with. Unfortunately back in the day I was the guy who was bad to play with, so it's just desserts.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Geight posted:

I really felt the parts about starting at around 3k and still being 3k a decade later, and also the part about finding better people to play with. Unfortunately back in the day I was the guy who was bad to play with, so it's just desserts.

Qft. Pyrion truth. Maybe the only truth.

Spiking
Dec 14, 2003

If you're 3k now you could have been 5k with current knowledge in past, skill level has really inflated in Dota especially since pandemic. Players at my about 2k do poo poo I never would have seen them do even 5 years ago, pulling and stacking used to be unknown arcane wizardry

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Played my first Tiny support game, we won but how in the world do you work this guy. I got his combo off a grand total of one time. I took him to demo mode and I practiced blink/ava/toss a bunch of times but in a real game I just couldn't land it. I'd get the Avalanche off, but then they'd be too far to grab, or I'd get the grab on an ally instead, I just can't get it right.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

honestly tiny support just doesn't work outside immortal, maybe high divine. it's so dependant on your team being positioned well and understanding how it works, and your laning phase is a nightmare if you don't have a good combo because tiny is frankly useless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I think it's better to play Tiny as a core while you're still getting used to the hero because then even when you don't do the combo perfectly you will still be able to hit them very hard. Once you're familiar enough to know the whos wheres whys and whens of Toss you can start tapping into that to play him as a support. And either way yeah, you're going to be relying on your teammates being able to react to your Tosses so that they aren't just throws.