Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!
Here's my advice for playing support Tiny:

Don't throw enemy initiators into your teammates. Such heroes include: Tidehunter, Magnus, Faceless Void, Bristleback, and others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

also do not throw ursa into your team

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Man I can't throw anything so I don't have to worry about that.

I'll stop trying to make Tiny work. Comically I've been getting several P5 games, so I've been fiddling with Vengeful Spirit. it's hysterical when I swap someone and all 9 people just stop whatever they are doing for three seconds to process what just happened.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
support Tiny works at high ranks because they all can do Toss back, it opens up a lot of plays. in herald you can still get blink, go kill people and become a fourth core, but the laning can be very rough.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
tiny pos4 is easier than ever (except 7.35c when tree grab was even stronger) right now, just take one point in tree grab first and hit people in lane, help your mid on runes, smoke with your strong heroes, buy windwaker in the late game so you can combo and float away to combo again

throwing to specific targets does take some practice but it's not that hard. just don't rush, and keep in mind avalanche gives you a second to position yourself

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
Fwiw the combo is toss avalanche for maximum damage. Not avalanche toss. Max q first because that's the value thats getting doubled by toss. Get one point in grab tree

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
At low MMR the SK Aghs is basically voodoo magic. We had an SK that was absolute trash in lane, the enemy was up like 30-10 and was slapping us. They had a naga that was just freeballing to the moon.

At 40 minute SK got his Aghs with that stupid stun in the sandstorm, and three times in a row we all got wiped except SK, and he turned around and team wiped them by just sitting in the storm and they ran around in circles dying.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Lpq has some real. Psycho behaviors in it. My newb friends like to join me. Sometimes and get all dudes they've never played before, and boy there is some vitriol when we lose

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

flashman posted:

Lpq has some real. Psycho behaviors in it. My newb friends like to join me. Sometimes and get all dudes they've never played before, and boy there is some vitriol when we lose

I have a rando steam friend that was in a four stack, so I joined them, and they played an unranked game. The DOTA2 plus thingie said "the behavior score was exceptionally low" or something, and sure enough man what a toxic game like constant all chat, spamming, it was a mess, but a lot of fun. I think we won, after like 75 minutes. I had like 20k building damage because I basically played a split pushing backdoor rat NP while we just brawled the entire game, there was like 200 kills or something insane.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

scott zoloft posted:

Fwiw the combo is toss avalanche for maximum damage. Not avalanche toss. Max q first because that's the value thats getting doubled by toss. Get one point in grab tree
What, really? I haven't played Tiny in years but I always thought it vent ava -> toss -> ava second hit.

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

anilEhilated posted:

What, really? I haven't played Tiny in years but I always thought it vent ava -> toss -> ava second hit.

Nvm. I thought the toss lasted longer than the ava and always tossed ava. Other way around

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

are we sure that's still in the game? i dont think it does extra damage whichever way round you do it

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

if you want to play tiny supp at low mmr just play nyx

nyx is a loving big dick hero vs bad players, you just run around one shotting people and you are an incredibly strong laner

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

scott zoloft posted:

Nvm. I thought the toss lasted longer than the ava and always tossed ava. Other way around

The timing has changed a couple times over the years. Used to find out when sing started missing a bunch.

And yeah toss targets take double damage from ava. Used to be a bug but they canonized it.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

It doesn't matter if you Ava or Toss first to combo. You can test it in demo.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Had a game with a carry Sven that went silver edge and never once used it, let alone even broke the Bristle that was wrecking us all game. I kept him locked down for ages and instead of breaking him once, Sven just keep whacking him over and over killing us all.

I calmly explained in voice what sliver edge and break do, and he muted me.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Who told me to do centaur mid it was awesome. I donno if I build good items really the magic defense thing that gives a boost Whne u get hit with it seemed ok, not great. But overall I was a monster all game long (we lost)

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

flashman posted:

Who told me to do centaur mid it was awesome. I donno if I build good items really the magic defense thing that gives a boost Whne u get hit with it seemed ok, not great. But overall I was a monster all game long (we lost)

I also had this exact experience with centaur mid because I wanted to try something different and vaguely remembered that post.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

ItohRespectArmy posted:

if you want to play tiny supp at low mmr just play nyx

nyx is a loving big dick hero vs bad players, you just run around one shotting people and you are an incredibly strong laner

nyx is a dogshit laner

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Geight posted:

I also had this exact experience with centaur mid because I wanted to try something different and vaguely remembered that post.

Yes I am in lpq and it aligned. It was really good though but we had bounty offlane with a cm and jugg / naix in the safelane, the lifestealer went to jungle at level 3. At least I smashed it lol

Somme of these players were my friends and the queue was 19 minutes long

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElLOH7cZuVc

this is pretty great, juked him so hard he switched teams

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Tinker feels awful now with the reduced range on missile. Dr Kleiner didn't deserve this.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I was gonna say "gently caress Tinker" on behalf of god-fearing Dota players everywhere but honestly yeah losing a thousand range on those after the last couple patches seems pretty rough. Lot of other little nerfs to the ability too.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Oh God my behavior score has dipped below 9k here and my games have gotten Spicy. What's a good way to get it up fast turbos?

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Stop being an rear end in a top hat and commend people when you finish

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Commend enemies after the game. Sometimes they’ll commend you back.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

I commend the whole game it's abandons that get me newborn

You get ripped off when you queue with 2 or 3 Bros too no matter how great I am you're only getting a couple

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

I just faced an axe mid who maxed battle hunger and got a soul ring as puck lol wth

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

flashman posted:

I just faced an axe mid who maxed battle hunger and got a soul ring as puck lol wth

Let him cook

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Soul ring gives armor so the battle hunger hurts (very slightly) more and should provide plenty of mana to keep spamming it, the theory is sound but I can't speak for the execution

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Puck is famously bad at getting CS

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

They probably read that axe was gonna get clapped trying to CS at the wave with his usual skill build vs a puck, tried something new

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Just cast it after Puck has cleared the wave, easy as!

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

I'm doing an unironic dota 2 let's play of my adventures in archon

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Geight posted:

Just cast it after Puck has cleared the wave, easy as!

He did do this and it was a bit annoying you can also spam that poo poo at level 4 but I got more life from my magic stick than it did damage like that. Overall... Great game to be puck

I might try it offlane tho

flashman fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Apr 2, 2024

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

nice idea

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Dr. Fraiser Chain posted:

Stop being an rear end in a top hat and commend people when you finish

Its actually just reporting others

Uncle Spriggly
Jan 29, 2009
Start the game angry and do the classic 'mid or I quit' after someone calls mid. Get in a little argument, make some threats, but then play really well with some counter warding and call outs. Then go out of your way to compliment players, tip em til Spirit Breakers come home, maybe note how cool their skins are. Finally, apologize for your attitude at the start of the game and say you really think you've changed for the better this time.

Tenebrous Tourist
Aug 28, 2008

Uncle Spriggly posted:

Start the game angry and do the classic 'mid or I quit' after someone calls mid. Get in a little argument, make some threats, but then play really well with some counter warding and call outs. Then go out of your way to compliment players, tip em til Spirit Breakers come home, maybe note how cool their skins are. Finally, apologize for your attitude at the start of the game and say you really think you've changed for the better this time.

I was with you up to the part where I need to play really well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

I hope commends boost this poo poo fast. I've been picking up for the muppets on my team being like nah the 0-8-2 morph isn't doing so bad then giving him that pity commend at the end to farm these things but honestly I didn't have much self respect left to begin with and that's dire