Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
My last game i had an Oracle mid and an ember safelane to go with our offlane pudge.

I was pos 5 cm and we had a pos 4 hoodwink.

The enemy had offlane dk and mid pugna, we had no outer towers at like the 20 minute mark. Their pos 1 was weaver I think.

Somehow the game dragged out to 76 minutes before we finally lost. At about 40 minutes we took our first tier 1 lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I was having to queue rolequeue games today, and I got a mid weaver on my team who went 0-3 vs a legion commander before 6 minutes ?? he wasn't even a good LC

The very next game that same weaver mid guy is on the enemy team playing mid KOTL, I have a huskar mid who goes 0-4 vs him in 6 minutes.

I have no idea

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

The only game I actually won today is the one where I assumed the game would be another terrible joke draft anyway and picked pos 5 Zeus and was #2 in damage while being #9 in networth.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

OGS-Remix posted:

That actually got me upset a couple of days ago. I was queuing with 2 friends, so it was three of us and a two stack.

The game loads and we put our markers on the map, calling 1, 4, and 5. Then with like 1 second to go, one of the other people asks us to play mid basically after we locked in our heroes.

So we end up with a mid Venge vs Viper and their 3/4 lane combo was Pudge/Centaur. That game was over in like 20 minutes.

Just put your markers on and talk sooner. I guess it's our fault for not queuing ranked but still irritating.

I'm mad for you man. I find even when your support mid does well in laning the game fizzles later on.

We play a good bit of unranked because my friends are all sub 1000 mmr so the games are wild lol

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

flashman posted:

I'm mad for you man. I find even when your support mid does well in laning the game fizzles later on.

We play a good bit of unranked because my friends are all sub 1000 mmr so the games are wild lol

In 300MMR Herald III I'm seeing a lot of people go SK and Aghs. The sandstorm spike thing just makes people absolutely freak out and melt. I usually play a ranged p4 so I can dodge it, but it's like people brains turn off and the just run around like maniacs and die. Would a force staff help there, since you can push the SK out of it and make it end? When I see that I usually try to go BKB and just pop it, rush in, dust him and kill him, but there's probably a cheaper way.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

It's rough because sand king can become surprisingly tanky with items and he's tailor made for low mmr games (an invis, two abilities for easy farming, and long rear end games). His sandstorm moves now too so its not so easy to fight at the edge of his zone and win and you can't control your team mates who love to all dive him and try and stop the mean spikes.

Dust and force staff to send him out of it when you've got an opportunity is a decent plan for a pos 4 that can't reposition him. Something like a venge can ruin his day if you dust and swap shortly after he casts especially if he's been hogging farm on the map. Moving the fight somewhere else until you get a good opportunity is ideal but not something you're going to wrangle.

I've seen him / been him for some nasty games though where there was just no real answer to him fed up.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
what kind of tank items? I bought a vanguard on him once and got yelled at and reported so I don't play him any more :shobon:

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
surprisingly people are going boots (phase/mana/travels), blink, shard, euls, aghs on offlane sand king now. the hero is fairly "tanky" in the sense that he's very hard to kill with the euls (take dust off yourself) and blink and has decent str gain though

vanguard is really bad this patch. people are only buying it on axe and then only sometimes

also should mention sand king is very bad in the meta, there may not be a single offlane configuration that this hero *should* win. this shouldn't stop you from picking it, just be aware it may feel a bit uphill

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Comically I just wrapped up a game against an SK. I had no more role queue tokens so I had to queue all roles, got P5. All the supports I know where banned, and our team instapicked all four, so I got to last pick. D2PT shows Venmo as the top P5, so I figured why not, I haven't played him before but how hard can it be.

We absolutely stomped them, we had all Herald II/III and they had Guardians, but we smashed. The SK of course went aghs, so I just dusted and put a bunch of Plague Wards in his sandstorm over and over from the edge. It was hysterical. He kept slowly trying to over take me with the storm, but I just backed, and kept popping wards into his storm, and then when he was low enough and at like 5ms our LC blinked in an Dueled him. By the end of the game I was 10/5/40 and the LC had ~350 duel damage. The hero is so easy to play I was able to take my mind off the game and call some shots, and we had a bunch of awesome smoke ganks on their mid sniper that we turned into full wipes. The wards are amazing to take HG with since you can keep getting vision and when there's a chance your initiator can blink in get a pick off to start the push.

WD + Veno is the most cancer support duo I've ever seen. Maledict + Both Wards + Venmo DoT is massive. I'd pop greeves, he'd turn on his heal and we'd wait five seconds and the entire other team just vanished.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

My spear never misses its mark...

ladies

emdash posted:

surprisingly people are going boots (phase/mana/travels), blink, shard, euls, aghs on offlane sand king now. the hero is fairly "tanky" in the sense that he's very hard to kill with the euls (take dust off yourself) and blink and has decent str gain though
With dust being a persistent aoe effect for handful of time, feels like Euls is a bit less useful since you either have to leave sandstorm and use it, or wait 10 seconds and then use it, which is a bunch of time.

Played against SK recently, and he was doing work till mid game when I (HC) and our mid had BKBs and would just blow him up early each team fight.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

I've got a great win rate with SK and sometimes build the Euls but it's not for purging dust. I mean in rare circumstances I can dump the debuff but I'm not playing him like I'm invisible in the sandstorm past the lane phase. You dodge stuns, buy time for blink to come off cool down, buy time for your stun to refresh, hit big ults in a sandstorm and be invulnerable. It builds eventually into the upgrade and you become extremely hard to pin down. It gets you out when BKBs pop and you're back in loving poo poo up.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
I had the weirdest game last night. First off, we had a mid enchantress that never one time took over a creep, a safelane Jugg and offlane Lifestealer, p4 CM, and I was sup Veno

The Lifestealer was really good, and was playing like you'd expect, but the Jugg, Herald V with like 5k games, has no idea how Lifesteal infest worked. LS and I kept begging him to go in, he'd get infested and just TP out. It was wild. The LS kept rage running down mid he was so mad, but he was so far ahead he kept teamwiping them then dying to techies mines. We ended up winning at like 75 minutes. It was awful.

Just queued up for a game as P4 with a mid warlock wish me luck.

Super-NintendoUser fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Mar 17, 2024

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

If you just wanting some dispel lotus is nicer on the sk, euls upgrade is just so drat expensive

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Update on that game, the Warlock was really cool and realized he made a mistake so he was ok lane swapping with the P5 NP, so I got to offlane with him ( I was P4 Hoodwink) and we absolutely dominated. Rotations on point, some dope smoke ganks, and we slapped them. NP and Hoodwink are such a fun combo. They had a Bristeback, and Hoodwink really dumpsters him since you can control him for days and break him while your Huskar gobbles him up.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

:bravo: no speaking allowed

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
It's the best feeling when your the last one in your team to mute the guy and that message pops up.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Mr.Acula posted:

[GOON]

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
big patch comin up

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

in the next few months maybe yes

Spiking
Dec 14, 2003

Mr.Acula posted:

I hate to tell you bro but I've only ever seen people muted when they were objectively super loving annoying in chat lol. Though sometimes it was the gentle type of annoying like they kept telling other people what items to buy etc. I'm a huge dick back to anyone who's a dick in Dota and never had it nor dipped below 12k comms / behavior

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
I'd like to report that I had support Veno game, with a Mid Viper, and it was so toxic. We were like 15-2 by 10 minutes and had all their T1s and most of the T2s down. It was so much slow and DoT and at that MMR people just keep running at you. It was hysterical.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Veno-Viper is one of my favorite duos.

Either you're hosed because you don't have a hard stun, relatively short range and no escape, or they're positively boned. No other outcomes.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

one time I played vs viper veno as drow ranger during a drow patch and I have never dumpstered a lane so thoroughly.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Spiking posted:

I hate to tell you bro but I've only ever seen people muted when they were objectively super loving annoying in chat lol. Though sometimes it was the gentle type of annoying like they kept telling other people what items to buy etc. I'm a huge dick back to anyone who's a dick in Dota and never had it nor dipped below 12k comms / behavior

Ill admit to probably being gentle annoying at times but I really didnt say much of anything that game, id pull the logs if I knew how

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
OpenDota always did a good job of chat log capture if you can stomach the company. Think you have to personally submit there, too, though. Dotabuff doesn't really do this as well, probably on purpose.

https://www.opendota.com/

I think this site used to be under a different acronym that started with Y like YASP Yet Another Stats Page, but got rebranded after a sale to fit the openai domain. My googling failed to figure it out. Will check my PC bookmarks tomorrow, though.

E: yeah it seems to be buried https://github.com/lordstone/yasp

ILL Machina fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Mar 19, 2024

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Also replays don't save teamchat, just allchat

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Just had one of those games that proves the highs of DOTA cannot be matched anywhere else.

Me [CM], a Pugna, a Khanda Sniper, a Sand King and Jakiro. Just absolutely mobbing them.

Decrepify / Frostbite / Assassinate DEAD. Smoke, repeat.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
I have no idea why they added Khanda. What a stupid item. It's just up there in the pantheon of nonsense.

just queued up and for the first time in days I get a p4 game and hoodwink is not banned. yessssss

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Super-NintendoUser posted:

I have no idea why they added Khanda. What a stupid item. It's just up there in the pantheon of nonsense.

just queued up and for the first time in days I get a p4 game and hoodwink is not banned. yessssss

every dota 2 item is bad until it's completely busted in a way you couldn't imagine.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

ItohRespectArmy posted:

every dota 2 item is bad until it's completely busted in a way you couldn't imagine.

I've love a custom game where you can only buy force staff but it levels up like dagon

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I genuinely think more items need to "degrade" like bkb, diffu go 5 / 4 / 3s for example or refresher adds +20s to its own cooldown every time it's used

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Make Diffusal have charges again :colbert:

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Sab669 posted:

Make Diffusal have charges again :colbert:

Best I can do is give it an overpowered upgrade

Uncle Spriggly
Jan 29, 2009
Rapiers need to build into very wacky things, call Icefrog

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Rapiers are stackable. When a game gets late, things get weird.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
remove spell amp from existing rapier. make a new spell amp exclusive rapier. also make a defensive rapier (?)

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Zeruel posted:

remove spell amp from existing rapier. make a new spell amp exclusive rapier. also make a defensive rapier (?)

What's wrong with a rapier that does both attack and magic damage amp? The way I look at the item, it's mean to end the game ASAP.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
A lot of Dota reddit items suggestions are all stupid combinations of Gem or Rapiers and they are all dumb.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

The "one size fits all" nature of Rapier being good for right clickers & non is good, because then it doesn't matter who picks it up after you die with it. It's good on anyone who can grab it, basically.

Separating it out would remove that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

rapier is a cool item right now because it's so specific and impractical

seeing a very very good PA player get aeigis and buy a rapier to go for a long shot win is incredible to see