Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RembrandtQEinstein
Jul 1, 2009

A GOD, A MESSIAH, AN ARCHANGEL, A KING, A PRINCE, AND AN ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE.

ElGroucho posted:

There's a dude who friended me because we had 2 good games, and now I can't even log in without him inviting me

I didn't start playing Dota to make friends!

Be like me and don't accept them, then keep them on your friends list for 2 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RembrandtQEinstein
Jul 1, 2009

Sab669 posted:

Brown boots then 5 Rapiers :hmmyes:

I just played a game with a PL who bought gloves then a rapier. We ended up winning because he died and we got it back on me, the magnus who already had a daedalus. Not the smartest choice but certainly made for a fun match. I am guessing he was high or something because he stayed off comms and made some other unique choices during the match.

Unranked gets some wild stuff sometimes.

RembrandtQEinstein
Jul 1, 2009

Sab669 posted:

+1 for Enchantress. One of those heroes I don't often play but every time I do I say I need to play her more.

I have been queueing with my friend who is brand new to DotA (I only got back into it a few months ago after a 6 year hiatus) so I get some absolutely wild games where it's half people who have played a lot and half people who are brand new. In one of these games I was Enchantress and went 17-3-11 and the enemy sniper said I was cheating because he couldn't attack me. Felt good.

RembrandtQEinstein
Jul 1, 2009

Geight posted:

This has always been a racket to make newer players play Lich or CM for their experienced core friend

My friend has been doing VS or Jakiro. It's been great!

RembrandtQEinstein
Jul 1, 2009

Oodles posted:

The threat of chrono also works on your own team.

Had a very fun match tonight where the opposing Void chrono'd half his team and our CM just stood outside it and killed them all.

RembrandtQEinstein
Jul 1, 2009

My friend I queue with who almost always plays support branched out a little and started playing some viper. He also hates playing against bristle (gets mowed down a lot as a hard support who doesn't always have great positioning) and he is just loving being able to just melt Bristle from afar.

I have loved viper for years (even counting my 7 year haitus) so the ult break change was a delightful surprise for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RembrandtQEinstein
Jul 1, 2009

I really like to end up with boots of bearing with Veno for the speed/team boost but I also don't play him a ton. One guide I saw said power treads which I'd probably avoid, it's gotta be end up with greaves or end up with BoB.

The real pro-tip is pair yourself with viper, go offlane, and tilt the enemy P1 really loving hard.