Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
new heros are just a distraction to how they added super -em to the game now

if laning phase actually matters again that'd be neat. suicidal off-laners have been completely useless for a while now and resulted in a game that's boring as gently caress waiting for everyone to farm then 5-ball the rest of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Minorkos posted:

he isn't saying anything bad about the patch but it still looks like complaining lmao

i wonder if this new patch is just going to be a replay of 7.00 of people going "wow look at all this crazy new poo poo" and then "wow this is loving terrible" immediately afterwards. at least there are new heroes. one would hope that this starts a trend of regularly released new heroes to make this game seem less like a dead game, but knowing valve they'll just go back to releasing new loot boxes and shuffling numbers around instead

Given the years of awfulness my faith in Valve/Icefraud to do anything right is in the gutter. The game was total utter poo poo in the last patch. I don't know how to be any more optimistic- the small advantages that snowballed is what made the game hard and they removed it entirely. Now it's back, but games are shorter? Yeah.. he's been trying to do that since 2005, I'll play it a little and see. Got all my monies back so it's another idiots problem now

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dollas posted:

lol they finally put in -EM

The standard mode of dota is faster than -em ever was. This new one is like 3x -em

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
shits all broken and old behavior isn't working right anymore despite not even being adjusted. Valve.

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TOOT BOOT posted:

Also worth noting: Everyone was saying people would come back to Dota in droves as soon as the patch hit and if today is anything to go by, they didn't. Peak numbers were around what they usually are. They've also done some widening of the MMR range for ranked, I've noticed. Sometimes you end up in games where everyone is 300-400 MMR below you.

3-400? When was the last time you played dota? 1k is typical..

People raging early about builds on new heroes and reporting. Yeah, not enough, game's dead.

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

You do understand that the queue is prioritizing finding people as racist and angry as you instead of using skill ranking, right?

uhuh, I also have happy go lucky SJW accounts too

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Luna Was Here posted:

Jpj have you ever considered the fact that you wouldn't need alt accounts if you just stopped using the n word

if you think that's the only difference I have a bridge I'd like to sell you

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Reality Winner posted:

post yours JPJ lets see that smilie face

it doesn't matter when an account gets the 3 flag. I got 16 commends and 3 reports the behavior score on that account was still 3 digits. Now you can't check your number anymore to track it

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Elman posted:

Do people still play it there?

in CN they do

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TOOT BOOT posted:

https://www.esportstales.com/dota-2/playerbase-declining-707-effect-and-source-2

Confirms what we all basically suspected anyway: the bulk of players that have left the game over the past few years have mostly been from western Europe and the US. Poorer regions unaffected or even growing.

because the game is poo poo and catered to retard casuals instead of being the niche game that is really hard to play well because it takes continuous subtle advantages to succeed, and not this hero arena bullshit we see now

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Neurolimal posted:

The incredibly rational racist boy: "Actually, the game needs more complicated esoteric features and tedious busywork. That will bring back the western ubermensch to beat back the yellow menace, who hate those things."

hey look, guy with a lovely avatar goes straight for the pointless ad hominems instead of addressing the fact that western dota has died and all the changes to bring a new generation of blood into the casual scene and pro scene has done exactly not that, at the expense of the dotards

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

turboraton posted:

Excuse me? Dota isn't dwindling in literally all the countries you hate. In fact, DOTA is growing around here, loving amazing how you believe spamming slurs in all your games will bring a new generation.

hey look, another idiot doubling down on ignorant ad hominems

Go through my post history and there is no shortage of my desire to play in CN again, or even settling for RUS or SEA. (I could do without EUE though.. that server was always weird). NA dota is downright low skill and unplayable, especially so for anyone who plays an unselfish playstyle

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

IncendiaC posted:

Not all that much in the grand scheme of things. Off the top of my head, the following have been simplified or removed:
shrines make regen less vital to early game
simplifying damage/armour types
roshan drops cheese earlier I guess?
no more orbs/attack modifier restrictions in 7.07
no more bottle-crowing in 7.07
free courier upgrade in 7.07

JPJ is just mad because for the last ~3 years, dota has put an emphasis on grouping up and taking fights/objectives rather than static lanes and farming/stacking, and he hates it. A brief summary going by memory:
slightly upped passive gold gain
cost of TPs, couriers, and wards decreased a lot (but went up a bit in 7.07)
reduced xp/gold from lane and jungle creeps (but increased in 7.07)
increased hero/assist kill gold/xp
introduction of ''rubberband kill gold" if your team is behind, making comebacks more achievable
changes to the offlane making it easier to contest
more utility/support items which make supports (and your team in general) more important in the late game. And having to depend on randos can be pretty awful given the reputation of the dota community

eh not quite

The game isn't simpler. More poo poo more mechanics, etc, actually has made the game that much more complex and faster paced, which means it's harder and requires more APM-type skill than ever before (No, microing a courier wasn't hard that hard). It's easier to get to lategame as a newb, but the ceiling has skyrocketed

Also, I was always a proponent of making ganking more effective. I enjoy suicide-ganking to kill the carry the most. That has gone from very effective, the minimally effective, to outright throwing in the current game environment.

They changed the game so if you aren't 5v5ing as early as 10 minutes, you are going to lose. The comeback mechanics also completely undermined anything this game had to do with economic advantage.

Objectives was always good, but not in the way they did it

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh so they hid MMR and now there's a loving number rank on everyone's names? Egos are going crazy on this poo poo. Just had an AM call me an autist because I said that an AM should beat an ES 1v1. He maxed blink and proceeded to whine all game. Ranked 500 overall! thehehehe this sucks.

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Neurolimal posted:

As someone with no interest in ranked mobas at all, anything that makes it harder for a bad to say "whats ur mmr?" In response to any and all suggestions/critiques is a good thing.

uhh it's more visible than ever

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Neurolimal posted:

That's bad then

I mean I guess its only more visible if you don't suck at DotA

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nanomashoes posted:

If he maxes enchant totem he should probably beat AM

youre not very good at this game are you?

except you're wrong. AM shouldn't let the ES get anywhere near the creeps for the first three levels, which means he has a huge deny advantage, early ROR, and total lane control in a 1v1.

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ambivalent posted:

idk, im with nano on this

if its a straight 1v1, what are you just crushingly zoning out ES with for the first 3 levels? your level 1 mana break?? I guess if you can consistently keep him at 0 mana and he doesn't do anything ever to ever get the meager mana cost of enchant totem, yeah, you probably win that straight up

but if he just bops you in the face a couple of times, im pretty sure he's actually going to be the one keeping you off the wave??

e: i got baited into theorycrafting and i should probably be probated for that

the hero with the better and faster attack animation and damage will win, assuming you don't buy stupid poo poo items

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what the royal gently caress is this storm lvl 25 talent poo poo? He just flew across the map and instagibbed the entire team with exploding untargetable bullshit.

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kild posted:

the bugged version or the regular version? IF you skill it mid flip it'll spam them ones it would've done if you skilled it before the flip start all in the same spot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZXMZq4kzPg

9:55 if it doesnt keep the timestamp

thx. The first time he did it it (and I've ever seen it) it instapopped like 3 of the heroes and he didn't even travel that far. Might explain it

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kawabata posted:

I love Dota! And no it's not fine at all, bleeding 15% of players over a year after a steady growth from 2012 to 2016 is not normal or a good sign, Valve knows it and players have been discussing this for a while now. Even the SA thread is dead as gently caress compared to last year.

What puzzles me is that gameplay wise Dota is the best it's ever been. Compared to 2 years ago more heroes are interesting/playable, the new additions look pretty good and the game now has excellent comeback mechanics that seem to be effective at preventing stomps provided the stomping players make mistakes/the losing team gets creative. It definitely wasn't like that once and I'm having tons of fun even in my placement matches.

The thing is, the qol improvements games like LoL have (concede button, encouraging you to make a team with different roles etc) are nowhere to be seen 5 years after the beta, cosmetics are the hardest they've ever been to get in Dota history (which is simply grotesque) and there's no carrot whatsoever for the hundreds of thousands of players that like carrots from time to time. New players will forever be stuck in the typical low bracket 4 carries team where everyone tilts after 15 minutes or you stomp the other guys because their picks are even worse. This is what their Dota 2 experience will be and Valve doesn't particularly care. The jokes on mobas being social experiments are kind of tired in 2017 and other games have successfully found ways to make that aspect less unpleasant than when the genre was still young.

I swear sometimes it feels like this game holds a grudge against its own players, especially if they're new.

Holy poo poo you couldn't be more wrong about everything. Concede button takes toxicity and amps it up to 1000. Take this from your grongards. The gameplay now is also complete poo poo unless you like super fast paced high APM, which is exactly what DotA wasn't when it started. It was the low APM alternative to wc3 ladder for people who don't click fast. There were like 5 heroes for people who liked APM, but they weren't impossible to play or necessarily anything more than niche heroes. All I do in games now is dread the stupid boring 15 minute farm fest it takes to get from level 11 to 25 and all of a sudden all 10 heroes have all the 6-slotted plus talent fuckery nightmares that only one or two heroes used to get and only in 60+ minute games. It takes all of the wind out of the build-up. And I'm not even talking about the haste mode or whatever it is.
It's no wonder its original base is long gone, they shot them in the face and stomped their corpse. Valve doesn't even make their own game modes anymore, pathetic for the money they make off of this.

JollyPubJerk fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Dec 5, 2017

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ILL Machina posted:

I think this is the only issue I'm bringing up. The game is fun in close comebacks, maybe exclusively. Shared suffering you and your teammates push through. Assuming you're done but still having another twenty minutes usually means it wasn't inevitable and telling people they should consider leaving at twenty and then again for every setback afterward is just a bad option to offer them. For what it's worth this was the old reported opinion of failing company, Valve, and the reason it's not in.

Yay! Thanks for noticing and being snarky at about my bad opinions, wangsbig, it's always an honor. I bring it up because I have reasonably well ranked, long-time lol playing friends who complain about this feature and the general ready-to-quit state people seem to be in. I don't think it's the reason the game is successful, maybe it would be improved if it was removed, assuming the game let people gain advantages and use them (comeback mechanics are fair, high ground is crackable, etc.). And who cares what they do with their dumb game, dota players are real men who follow through with their commitments. Rocket league has it, which is odd, but since games are only five minutes long and aren't based aren't gradual buildup of economic advantage it feels fine.

Valve's stated reason for it is that giving the winning team the ability to stomp the opponent is more important towards overall satisfaction than worrying about how bad it feels to lose for 20 minutes straight. They then patched the game in a million ways to make comebacks more likely because they wanted to repeat what people considered peak satisfaction the game could provide.

Except it backfired entirely and made everything stale, so they said gently caress it and decided to amp everything up to 11.

They pretty much destroyed the game and I don't see a path for it going back. They got rid of what made DotA unique to all the copycats without understanding why things worked out so well for it.

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kawabata posted:

I completely disagree with what JollyPubJerk is saying and before the comeback mechanics were in place you'd lose games almost instantly against certain lineups, only to be doomed to forever waste the following 20 to 30 minutes of your life. A game being compromised before minute 8 because someone made some lovely lane choices is/was not stellar game design in spite of what some :smug: people keep saying. Also JPJ you were rage dc'ing on half your bad games while streaming so I doubt you're the best person to argue against a concede button. You certainly pressed yours often enough!

You're just wrong. First, the game is decided just as much on picks today as it ever has been. If you don't have a good lane situation you get outleveld by 5-6 levels, no exaggeration, before the first typical rotation if they already weren't. As long as the other team isn't retarded, you're hosed. Though picks really don't matter compared to teamwork; teamwork is not always a given.

Second, in over 10k games I have maybe 3 ragequits ever, and they were all blackout drunk scenarios I needed recordings to remember. Not a bad ratio. They used to display the ratios, but those are gone now. You keep making up poo poo that simply isn't true. Also, someone like me with that kind of experience knows a whole hell of a lot more about how to win games than the retarded hero spamming 6mo old players who are literally 4k lower MMR in any other role. It requires teamwork, however, and when you have rage emo spammers who think every game is over when they don't get their one trick, and they know they can just hit a button and hope nobody hard counters their one trick the next game, you will NEVER have them stick around to play, or even open up their mind to trying out new things in a losing scenario and seeing if it works.

It's absurd there's so many spoiled bitches in the Americas. This isn't a problem in the asian regions and less so in Europe as long as you avoid Brits and Dutch. I have multiple thousands of games in those regions, I ain't just clinging to some stereotype. If I remember correctly, I only saw one person feed a courier in over a thousand games in China, and he typed in English in chat so I'm pretty sure he wasn't native. I can't go 10 games without seeing that on my own team now.

Also, when you're in F behavior, trust me, I don't need words at all to piss off the baby manchildren to start feeding couriers and running down lanes. I can simply play a normal game, or finish a creep the lowskill shits I'm stuck with now missed, and they just run into the tower and give-up. So, I'm really not loving concerned about these deprived for attention egos, and Valve's system doesn't actually give a gently caress about making better games and is a complete lie. I have my chat unbinded in half of my games. It doesn't matter. Though at the same time, these retards usually are a few skill levels above the bracket and if they ever do decide to play the game, after being down a whole hell of a lot, can totally embarrass the team who wasn't raging their way through the laning phase.

But you probably can't tell the difference between someone raging because your stupid pub rear end isn't actually contributing to the game and this is a team game that unfortunately requires 5 people coordinated now more than ever, from someone raging because they need attention their parents didn't give them and they have all the time in the world so they will just watch their anime poo poo and afk jungle until the next game that they have zero intention on becoming a better player in.

JollyPubJerk fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Dec 5, 2017

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Not one of you tackled any of the points made. Great job. Did you know Thomas Jefferson had slaves?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
just got 4 commends after a pudge game and not saying a thing wattup

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Incoherence posted:

The graphs were interesting, but the concept of "if you have a bad lane and your item timing gets delayed, your win rate goes down" feels sort of obvious.

It's weird that the Tinker Blink Dagger timing is #1 for high MMR but the Tinker BoT timing doesn't appear on the list at all: usually you think of BoT as the item that enables Tinker to start putting pressure on the map (with Blink Dagger as the follow-up item that just lets him do it more safely).

The purpose of stats is to see past the obvious. Blink dagger is when Tinker goes from being able to farm to being able to chase people down and be a total pest that's hard to gank. If a Tinker gets an early BoTs but you never let him get to blink you're gosu

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

self unaware posted:

may 10th

* Melee Creeps base gold bounty reduced by 2
* Range Creeps base gold bounty reduced by 1
* Range Creeps gold bounty increase per upgrade changed from 1 to 3 (With these changes, the total gold difference on the map at 40 minutes is 2052 less gold)
* Melee Barracks team bounty reduced from 225 to 175
* Ground Courier bounty reduced from 175 to 125 (Flying Courier is still 175)
* Tower denies now remove all gold instead of just half (previously it gave 50/60/70/80 for tier 1/2/3/4 denies)

april 12th

* Aegis now has an alt tooltip that explains how to pronounce the item

* Tier 1 Tower Team Bounty reduced from 120 to 100
* Tier 2 Tower Team Bounty reduced from 200 to 120
* Tier 3 Tower Team Bounty reduced from 200 to 140
* Tier 4 Tower Team Bounty reduced from 200 to 160
* Range barracks team bounty reduced from 150 to 100
* Filler buildings gold bounty from 125 to 75

* Ranged creep average gold bounty reduced from 57 to 54

* Glyph duration increased from 5 to 6
* Melee Barracks HP increased from 1500 to 1800

* Shrines HP increased from 1500 to 1750
* Shrines now have 5 HP regen

just seems like every patch has a couple of these notes in it . who's sitting around in the dota offices in 2018 saying "you know what we need, slight adjustments to ensure the game goes longer", it feels like they are aiming for like an average 60 minute match and if that average dips for any reason they will adjust the game to get it back to there. i dont know, i dont have any other reasons i can come up with for why this keeps happening

one of the biggest issues they had was making the game so snowbally that comebacks only came from the attacking team's mistake, rather than the defending team's disciplined play. reducing the gains from towers and things gives smaller advantages to teams who capitalized on early game mistakes and, generally speaking, allows the actually better team win more often than before. I've had lots of issues with how they've patched the game, but this is finally something in the right direction. Problem was, its 2 years too late. It needed to have came along when hero kill comeback gold became a thing.

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

jBrereton posted:

yeah it owns that putting effort in during the laning stage is mostly just a pointless waste of mental energy now. that sounds like the play to encourage (??)

eh, I see it as getting back to its roots where advantages were tiny between teams and you had to sustain better play over the course of a long period of time to get to a snowbally state. Doesn't mean keeping enemy carry down is fruitless- it's that you have to sustain the pressure on him-- you don't just get a jackpot for killing him once and then have all your items completed and everyone is 5 man pushing lanes against no contest for 5 minutes until they base push you.

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vando posted:

If you tell them to do that they will feed horribly and learn nothing, you've got to give them a platform before saying 'ok now figure out the extreme boundaries of that platform'

we've found a worse poster than me

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
split core/support queue is many years late, but a great boon to the game

I'm still getting two support players who aren't playing support, but at least they're getting LPQ after two games of getting reported for it. And I'm not feeding fighting for offlane and reluctantly playing support on some trash hero who can't do it anymore.

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

w00tmonger posted:

Haven't played a MOBA in ages. Played a bunch of league way back in the day and more recently hots.

Are there any Heroes I should jump on or avoid when I try this out tonight? Ive played a few times but kind of bounced off the game because I had a hard time getting used to items and some of the odder stuff like turning not being instant

just play Lina and go to whatever lane is empty, or join someone on a sidelane. can't go wrong.

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

causticBeet posted:

The problem with support is laning is too easy now. Between shrines, shekels, free TPs, and comeback gold, it feels like there’s low impact for zoning and ganking in the early game. Especially against the offlane.

I don’t think the solution is to remove all of those, as shrines and runes add interesting things to do on the map.

Tone down bonus resources from ending kill streaks, and get rid of every single gold or XP gain talent is what I’m trying to say.

9/10 of my games are won/lost in the laning phase because one team has a support actually supporting and the other team has their support running around leeching exp then abandoning the lane he leeched from and ruining everyone's lane. The game is almost all about what the supports are doing.

Or if some idiot picks Alchemist or CK. Those heroes are so dumb.

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Minorkos posted:

yeah lol

nope it was this

- Reduced lane creep deny experience for the denied team from 70% to 25%.
- Creeps now meet closer to each team's respective safelanes.

this made it essentially impossible to solo lane and encouraged static laning. the early game became less about roaming and rotating and more about just sitting there and disrupting/zoning the enemy heroes. i remember this being the worst time to play offlane in dota 2's history because i would lane against dogshit 2-3k players who would zone me every game and i couldn't do anything about it despite the massive gulf between our skill levels. in the past 10 years of dota history, being a support and just sitting in the trees leeching xp for the entire laning phase was punished like loving crazy, but in 7.07 it was actually the optimal way to play the game. i think valve expected people to immediately start 2-1-2ing to help their offlanes but i don't think they realized how much supports and carries hate offlaners. i think i asked for a duo lane in about 90% of my games and i got it maybe 20% of the time because carries and supports will much rather zone the enemy offlane than help their own. it was kinda funny because i saw these dudes congratulate each other repeatedly for keeping the enemy tide at level 3 at 10 minutes, but then would turn around and ask me how the gently caress their own offlane was still level 4. like it simply didn't register to them that the lane setup was symmetrical. then there was also that period of time when offlaners found a way to cheese their way out of this horrible loving game by pulling the first wave, and immediately carry and support players bitched that the offlane was allowed to play the game again and so valve discouraged that strategy in the most elegant way possible: by removing it

also the denying hero also still got 25% of the creep's experience, which meant that even if you had 4 heroes sitting on the lane and babysitting the carry, the carry would STILL outlevel the solo offlane sitting in xp range as long as the carry denied every creep. eventually valve realized this was a bad thing and went "woops", removing the denier gaining xp thing just 1 year later. they then whoopsed the deny xp back to a more reasonable 40% xp from 25%, which is still kinda bad and discourages solo offlaning but i guess it's not as bad as it used to be.

also clockwerk, my favorite hero, was horribly butchered because he was too good at solo laning in the patch where solo laning was deemed wrongthink. rip

As an offlaner, I have to farm behavior score because low behavior 'support' retards still roam constantly and not only gently caress their offlane by abandoning them but then go gently caress the mid lane or something too. The lower skill despite their mmr, but higher behavior score players are at least spergy enough to support the offlane and win the lane. It's quite impossible to play offlane with low behavior right now and I find it hilarious. The old meta it was the perfect position to be since offlane heroes were so strong despite everything being against them. Nowadays, one 2k MMR support in a 6k MMR game sticking around in the safelane is often the difference between being able to dominate the lane or not even getting to level 4 in 10 minutes.

But don't ask your support to stay in the offlane, that'll earn you a report and give you more roaming BH retards =)

JollyPubJerk fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Sep 24, 2019

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So apparently you can see exactly which games you got reported and for what with the following:

https://illuminate.dotasphere.com/

About 80% of the reports I get come from games with a BH or POTM support while I was against some trilane and I was behind for all midgame as a result. I even get reported in Turbo games for communication abuse despite never saying a word and winning the game. Kinda funny to see everything come together.

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Andrigaar posted:

If this is accurate I almost never get commended, reported, or blocked. I just exist yet don't exist.

Either you have to whore for commends or you need to proactively commend teammates if you expect to get much movement. I usually have something for every single game, commends and reports simultaneously lol

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lady Galaga posted:

SEA pubs hate beastmaster pos4

I get reported in every game with a support BH and Potm... usually for feeding as I end up stuck against a trilane and get 0 farm, then the whole team blames me for the loss. Lovely system

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Minorkos posted:

i get commended in like half my games. my conduct summary has like 15 commends usually, sometimes more than that. the trick is to be quiet most of the time and focus on killing enemy heroes so that your team look "wow my offlane has a lot of kd". i also tell them to relax and not flame each other

averaging 33, but the 3 stack reports from the bh/potm and friends every handful of games negates literally all of that

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
All the high skill players are taking breaks from the game cause of matchmaking. Either you 5v5 splerge, which most people don't do, or you have ancients in 2/5 of your team. And there is no 'symmetry' whatsoever, that was a total made up lie. 7k mid vs. 4k mid, good luck game's over in 15 minutes wait 20 minutes for your next one.

e: Just queued into a game where my safelane naix farmed a midas AFTER they took one set of rax. Mind you, this is after I dominated the offlane WK+Willow and had their mid gank bottom for 8 straight minutes because it was getting wrecked so badly. Supposedly an 'immortal' game, but I've seen more brain cells used in turbo mode herald bracket. 4k hero damage safelane core!

JollyPubJerk fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Oct 3, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MoaM posted:

I think it's better?...
I was also kinda peeved at the long queues à la Official Reddit Complaint Post™...but I'm feeling like the skill-quality has very slightly increased.

My lowest mmr just faced their highest mid (about 900 mmr difference between the two), got completely stomped. My 4 position support thought just buying wards is enough to earn praise. Feels exactly the same to me.