Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I'm worse at this game than I used to be and I was not particularly good before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I've had the helping hand chests just fail to open twice now, kinda wish the weekly quest rewards just gave you battle pass points directly without a buggy veneer of gachapon stuff in between

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

valve are just making sure both of their live-service games are playable on their upcoming hardware release

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

ILL Machina posted:

Happened to me too, but it showed up in the armory shortly after and worked.

Mine showed up in the armory and didn't work again!!

e: ok eventually it did award me the points, I can see em in my log

Geight fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Dec 16, 2021

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

They themed the set around getting rly mad at the first person to frag you, which is also what I do on Drow

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Can confirm, I use my laugh whenever someone does something funny to me and I absolutely suck rear end

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

They also took out pauses apparently? cool game

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

TOOT BOOT posted:

They made several undocumented, controversial changes with the Battle Pass.

Well, they shouldn't have done that!!

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I'm also always bummed when there's a pause in my games but it sure is bold of Valve to make the game less stable and take out early pauses at the same time

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Asking the Dota community to self-regulate was always gonna be a risk but it also seems weird to disable the case reviews while leaving the report buttons in - Maybe they just didn't realize the Battle Pass menu screen doesn't have a spot for the reviews to pop up?

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

bawfuls posted:

The thing that I find dumb about reporting in this game is that you can only report people for not playing their role in role queue at the beginning of the game.

This pos5 picked WR, ok a somewhat unconventional pick for that role but she's got some utility so it really depends how she builds and plays.

5 minutes later the Spectre is screaming cause WR is fighting him for safelane farm and building core items, but whoops too late to report for not playing her role so instead she gets reported for griefing or something with a meaningless timestamp.

A lot of heroes straddle that gray area where they can be build for support or core so it's stupid to limit role reports to the very start of the game.

This has also always bugged me about role queue reports as well - One of the things that keeps Dota cool is that heroes can be played in multiple roles and sometimes a new role for a given hero becomes really popular, but there's no way to tell if the pos5 QoP on your team is an actual support player or just some rear end in a top hat who isn't going to buy a single ward on the way to the world's slowest linkens

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

So many of the aghs lab bosses are absolutely miserable to play against as a melee hero, when you get the primal beast down to low enough hp there's barely any window between his attacks to actually hit the guy

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

The thing is that a couple of em are viable but none of them are like, fun

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Acerbatus posted:

Is it just me or is this dumb 'get 3 chests with battle points a week!' thing just a way to obfuscate getting less levels free so you need to buy levels to get the drow arcana lol

I just immediately assumed it's either less levels or it just maths out to be the same levels as it was last BP, but either way it's kinda crummy and was also pretty buggy for the whole first week

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Does it not gain true sight after awhile? The other rooms eventually do that if you hang around too long, but I never thought about if bosses did or not

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Whenever Death Prophet is in a match at some point or another I'll hear the sound for her silence even though her hero is nowhere near mine or my camera, and usually someone else in the game notices and comments on it too.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I hope they spend some time after coming back from holiday break fixing these weird bugs and not just removing cheese strats from aghs lab

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Yea speakin from experience of bein way too highstrung about this game it's way more fun once you chill out and you can still make big plays too

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Duo queuing is the absolute worst way to play the game, even moreso than solo queuing. It's just my buddy and me left playing this game and it's so rare to get normal human beings matched with us!

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

ILL Machina posted:

You playing ranked by chance? I've been in unranked and it's been...rough...after almost five years away from playing regularly.

I play ranked solo but unranked w/ my buddy because he's weird about the number

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

The tricky part is having a trap room show up when you've got the money to spend on extra stuff but when it all lines up it's very powerful

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Sab669 posted:

I watched Season 1 of Dragon's Blood and was largely indifferent on it. Saw Season 2 was getting great feedback on /r/DOTA2 so I'm half way through the second episode now and man I just don't care?

Is there anyone who is enjoying it but isn't already a fan of anime? I have zero interest in the art style and I feel like that's gotta be a large part of the appeal of the show right? Because as an actual story, characters, voice acting etc. all that is just doing nothing for me.

As a huge fan of DOTA I want to like it but :shrug:

I like it, but I like anime/dota and don't have standards in either regard, so I can't really say "actually it's great, here's why" or anything. I was hoping the pacing issues in the first season were from Netflix changing the runtime of every episode after the studio had already started animating the show, but they seemed to carry over into the second season so I think they're just trying to tell way too much story all at once. If the seasons weren't so short, I think it would help a lot.

I haven't had anyone actively trying to throw games lately but I have had a couple dudes that consistently made such bad moves I began to suspect they were intentionally doing it, but since they started from minute zero I couldn't imagine why!

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

If your high-five is about to time out and you run to one of the hand towers they'll high-five you, and I think that's great.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I believe that is the same hero as the kpop idol with imposter syndrome.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

A buddy of mine came back to the game after not having played for several years and asked what heroes start off in the jungle these days and I was caught flatfooted because it's been so long since I've seen anyone do that. It's hard for me to imagine how it would be re-implemented gracefully now.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

bawfuls posted:

I thought the problem with jungling from start now isn't the lack of capable heroes but rather the nerf to jungle xp

Every hero that could start jungle can do better in lane, get more from it, and actually get to play vs human opponents so jungle's a hard sell for a lot of reasons

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Mars is rad and strong in the offlane

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

https://twitter.com/DOTA2/status/1494833975092813827 Techies rework coming with new patch

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I hope they make Techies fun and cool and somewhat less of a punishment hero for the other nine players in the game

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Okay, how do we make Techies even drastically more toxic then

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Sab669 posted:

Do all of these god-awful voice lines finally "expire" with Wednesday's patch? I'm so tired of discount Storm Storm and whatever that one Russian line is

Battlepass stuff should all roll over next week so there's a good chance whichever lines you don't like are going away soon

e: supporters club and guild stuff lasts until march 1st sorry

Geight fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Feb 20, 2022

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

The patchnotes actually mentioned Primal Beast as a future hero back in December, thought it was a bit forward of them https://dota2.fandom.com/wiki/December_14,_2021_Patch

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

The final boss of this one, yeah. It's got a unique model instead of just "an existing hero but big", stomps around and yells a lot.

Geight fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Feb 22, 2022

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I've been learning quickcast lately and it seems much better but I don't have it on for items because the first time I did that I placed both the wards I was carrying b/c I was just trying to swap from obs to sentries and I felt like a fool

e: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5adApkpWTo&t=1060s this demonstration by Jerax is what got me to try quickcast, timestamped link to the relevant part

Geight fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Feb 23, 2022

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Gettin shards five minutes earlier is pretty cool

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Bloodseeker aghs is like a rot that scales with your max HP and can't be spam toggled, it's kinda neat but seems like you gotta build differently to make it take off

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Is higher turn rate faster or slower turning

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

It's fixed now but for a little while if you stole fissure and a toggle-able ability you could stunlock people from full to dead with Rubick if you had shard. I get the idea that there's *so* many combinations that it would be hard to manually test all of them, but they also have a test client that they just don't use anymore that would be great for catching this kind of thing!

I'm a bit underwhelmed by the patch but I think it's mostly okay. Feels like nobody got dumpstered this patch except arguably Techies, and maybe Morph cause you can't do shotgun builds anymore? But maybe that's not such a big deal, I dunno.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Some new neutral items to go with the new neutrals would've made sense yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Zeus seems a lot worse now!