Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

broodmother no longer going invis is an interesting change

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the words on the page that we can read posted:

Broodmother:Hero Reworked

Spin Web no longer grants invisibility
Spin Web pathing/speed buff is no longer removed when taking damage
Movement speed reduced from 290 to 270
Spiderling HP reduced from 450 to 250
Spiderlite HP reduced from 175 to 100
Spiders now have 50% magic resistance.
Spiders armor increased by 8
Spiders HP regen increased from 0.5 to 2
Spin Web charges increased from 1/2/3/4 to 2/4/6/8 (matches amount you can place)

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

JollyPubJerk posted:

if you think that's the only difference I have a bridge I'd like to sell you

i think the main issue is that your brain disease seems to like leaking into everything you do, you egregious stain of human poo poo

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i feel like they wanted to get rid of the 'scepter is absolutely 100% required on tiny' thing above all else and made a way to work it into the hero's kit. probably absolutely needs some tweaking, though

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i mean, this argument has always also kind of avoided the fact that players will know from the beginning that lifestealer was picked and when poo poo is in motion it's pretty simple to tell it's some fuckin gross weirdo on all fours instead of a bug

the aesthetic in dota loving sucks nowadays and they just throw whatever garbage in but let's not pretend people have the memory of a goddamn goldfish

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it'll be jpj and it'll be because he channeled the ghost of a dead grand imperial wizard in every game's chatbox

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

ThePeavstenator posted:

It's the ending of fight club but instead of credit records being blown up it's MMR databases.

it's fight club except instead of tyler durden it's dota and dota isn't actually real

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

his brain worms metastasized and his skull exploded

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

if anything dota is just suffering from what any long-running game does, but it doesn't seem like valve will want to let it go downhill if nothing else

people still play it a lot and enjoy it

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i'm pretty sure it's because most of the people with terminal dota posting disease died years ago from it

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

this patch is loving wild-looking

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

mars looks neat

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

talents were one of the best changes they made to the game

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i always thought it'd be cool if a hero was like a creep commander who could marshal them in the lanes and do some goofy poo poo involving them. just have it directly be an upsized lane creep with extra doodads attached and more personality. almost like a pikmin/overlord kinda playstyle and not just a summoner.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

lovely Wizard posted:

They actually have hero designs for something like that...in ARTIFACT.

Their abilities and cards featuring them are related to creeps, so if they recycle the designs for standard DOTA that'd be what they'd do probably.

i guess it's fitting for valve for a good idea to die with a game they hosed up and don't want to support anymore

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

smite's designs piss me off because so many cool things could be done with divine beings but they went the shittiest, laziest route with it

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i never realized how much i enjoyed playing enchantress until just recently, and uh. people really don't know how to deal with impetus, do they?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it's hilarious to get it maxed as soon as possible and just use it early on in lane to harass legit any hero that isn't inherently beefy to begin with. and since the usual urge is to run away from attacks they're basically guaranteed to take good damage from it. throw in an enchant on them and you and a lane partner can get some good early kills from that alone. 55% slow at every rank is no joke.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i'm also fine with it being a basic skill because once you come online with rank 4 in it and no cooldown you can just immediately start to rip through most heroes and it's kind of hilarious to watch

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

having been accused of smurfing for my crime of hitting roughly 50% of my ancient apparition ults because i know to look at the minimap occasionally i'm mostly hoping that they have an at least somewhat rigorous process for vetting this

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

you're right, we're doomed

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i think they probably don't care about account buying AS much if only because it's mostly some dipshit thinking they're hot stuff and being handed reality again once they buy the boosted account and trash the ranking. in that scenario they'll probably be dragging down some higher-rank games for a little bit before it craters again but that's not as bad as someone intentionally crushing new players. especially since smurfing has way less investment involved.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i was so wrapped up in the schadenfreude of someone buying a boosted account and beefing it hard afterwards that i forgot the smurfing needed to make the boosted account to begin with

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

broodmother is really fun now, i remember back when all she had going for her was lovely invisibility and the spiderlings while everything else was an afterthought and you hoped that no one was smart enough to buy sentry wards

now you're actually expected to be able to go in on people

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

personally very concerned about defending the honor of the malformed cartoon frog,

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i was considering learning to play pit lord since he seems like a chill hero and this info has been very enlightening

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

so far my underlord experience has been a couple of lost games because of carries that refused to take advantage of the massive amount of space i created and were more obsessed with farming up items that were already covered by someone else or were busy running off on their own to get constantly shredded

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it's part of the trend of including a bunch of 'one chance only' stuff to inspire people to whale hard

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i guess in a way someone can truly point to it all and say 'well it affects nothing about the gameplay whatsoever', and they'd be right, but at the same time you can also just kinda look at it and know it's bad even if it's not as inherently radioactive as some other predatory practices in games

because yeah the core game isn't touched but they absolutely know what they're doing

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

overall it's just kinda dogshit and i feel like there's multiple avenues at this point to single out as to why valve sucks and has burned any and all goodwill they built up over the years, with dota and the handling of some of that stuff being just one

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

you must spend hundreds of dollars to get skeleton king back for pressing ceremonial reasons

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Groovelord Neato posted:

Yeah it';s lame league poo poo. Valve should've had to use unused wc3 units as the basis for any new heroes.

i get the feeling that dota should probably be distancing itself from warcraft. call it a hunch

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

dr.acula posted:

God forbid Ursa wear a loving hat though

yeah it's much better for ursa to have the Roshan Hunter set

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/1430964453865046025

you know, for all the jokes people made about valve changing characters like skeleton king and whoever else, at least they have never had to change any the name of any dota heroes due to them being named after a predator lmao