Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Cuntellectual posted:

. More than anything they look like some Dreamworks ripoff and :gay: as h*ck.

Yeah, it's great

I'm so ready to run some dumb Bane rightclick carry build while mashing New Meta on the chat wheel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

staplegun posted:

I'd like to try learning how to play this game for at least the third time now, could anyone suggest some guides for people new to the DOTA? I assume that they haven't made the ingame tutorial any better at not getting you yelled at in games.

People didn't mention the most important thing, just mute everyone every match unless you feel like dealing with randos on the internet.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Wangsbig posted:

after it actively and nearly single-handedly murdered this game for years

lmao

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Cuntellectual posted:

Honestly, at least half my losses are because someone flips out before creeps have spawned and decided someone else on the team 'does not deserve to win'.

Is this an US thing? People get hekka mad on EU West but I can't recall the last time someone fed on purpose, never mind before min 20.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Kild posted:

I actually dont understand why Tiny needed a remake and such a bad one too.

They've been slowly phasing out passives for a long time now. Usually takes a couple of tries before they figure out a good enough replacement.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

SweetBro posted:

Is that seriously it?

No, that guy's full of poo poo.

It sounds like some node between you and Valve's servers is dropping packets, you can run WinMTR to figure the specific point. Bitch at your internet provider.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

The change so that you can't drag the first wave for literally no reason other than lane creeps will totally ignore you feels very much like a not-icefrog change

Not-icefrog change just means thing I don't like, Dota is built on weird interactions and exceptions like that.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Elman posted:

Isn't that a post TI3 change? That's around the time when these kinds of changes started (along with massive comeback gold and broken Aghanims for everyone).

Case in point

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

One weird inconsistency is that they don't let you buy more than one courier anymore, but someone still has to buy it in the first place. I really cant figure out why they even changed that, was bottle crowing really that strong, or were they just embarrassed that the auto deliver hotkey always grabbed the first courier and not the first idle courier?

*Looks at the billion nerfs to bottle crowing over the years* "We might never know for sure".

I think Valve just felt like courier micro wasn't fun or interesting and nipped it in the bud and I can't really disagree.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
Bracers got nerfed like four patches in a row and are still super good, basilius is also kinda nuts for the price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
It swung the other way into pressure dual lanes shitstomping safelaners eventually but Clockwerk is still trash. rip