Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

This comes from a period known as WMLATT- Winning My Lane All The Time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

I dont think this last patch was the worst patch but I do think it was the 2nd-3rd year straight where highground pushing was stupid hard and they made it harder so every game was either a throw when you tried to take rax at 30 or 50 additional minutes of farming until you had a 50k advantage.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

I have sundered these balls.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Agoat posted:

Is my hate for pudge justified or should I just learn the matchup

Dont pick viper it's impossible to win vs pudge as viper mid.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

The patch that made it better to curse the road than to run is the one that ruined dota.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

turboraton posted:

BIG PLAAAAAAAAAAAAYS

Real talk Dota destroys IRL friendships if you try to have a normal game instead of just having some kicks. A good friend of mine wanted me to play dota (I even dodged a Henron invite because of it) and he proceeded to 'support' me by picking pit lord, autoattacking creeps AND using firestorm on creeps (later he stated that it was his intention to hit heroes).

Oh, you're friends with Wangsbig IRL?

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

I won 8 out of 10 of the placement matches so dota is good again and it's a good patch.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

JollyPubJerk posted:

oh so they hid MMR and now there's a loving number rank on everyone's names? Egos are going crazy on this poo poo. Just had an AM call me an autist because I said that an AM should beat an ES 1v1. He maxed blink and proceeded to whine all game. Ranked 500 overall! thehehehe this sucks.

If he maxes enchant totem he should probably beat AM

youre not very good at this game are you?

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

the game can still be fun if you play carry or mid and they don't have one of the support heroes that gets 5 escapes with their talents and free items so you can actually kill them and then win the game

so yeah its cancer

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Why did they put axes on different buttons and why did they separate the morphling abilities, both do nothing except gently caress me up constantly.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Looke posted:

bulldog is trash and i don't understand the appeal

He won TI

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Everyone got more base hp and starts with more regen so it’s less risky and stupidly effective.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

I went from 4.0k mmr Ancient 0 to 5.0k divine 0 in a month so I'm pretty sure this patch is good and y'all are just complaining too much.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

TOOT BOOT posted:

Just had an interesting Dota experience. Game started out with some typical Normal Skill bullshit like 4 carries and me solo supporting. Our LC said he'd support our CK in the offlane but what he meant by 'support' was that he'd buy a ward at 1min, place it in a useless location and then immediately gently caress off to jungle. By the 10min mark we had 2 lost lanes and 3 people in the jungle. At that point I had everyone muted but the CK and was ready to just take my 20min loss but he ended up pretty friendly and talkative despite getting hosed over. Apparently he just got out of prison for a few years and said it was super boring and seemed happy to be playing video games again. Also seemed kinda put off by the fact that everyone just casually tells each other to eat poo poo which definitely does not occur in prison. I ended up just following him around and we racked up some kills and eventually won because the enemy cores got forced into buying back repeatedly to avoid losing rax. I commended him after the game because he was basically the only reason I bothered being invested in the game past the 10min mark.

so you're about as good at dota as a guy who hasnt played for 5 years?

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

When's artifact coming out. I'm actually going to play it unlike dota which I do not play anymore.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

the worst player should play carry

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

#1 goon build was no boots eth blade rush furion.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Did they nerf meteor hammer I havent played in like 2 years and havent seen it at TI.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

The most shameful game of my entire dota career was losing to a sunsfan jungle lc.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

It's always funny when someone smurfs into your 3-4k shitter match, goes like 20/0, but then feeds a few times because they farmed kills instead of ending the game and now the enemy team just has to kill one person to win a team fight cuz whoops the whole enemy team got caught up from those feeds, while yours is probably even behind from Pro Arc Warden Smurf farming the whole map

It's really fun to be that guy.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

bring back nohats

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

This league champ is a kpop idol with impostor syndrome ok gently caress off.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Do the brewlings do pierce damage again or are they too cowardly to fully restore it.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

When ember first came out I went 13-0 with him and goons in the thread were saying he was the worst hero in the game.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

I hit 5k back when that was good but now I'm awful at the game and barely maintaining 3k. Knowing all your mistakes as youre making them is a bad feeling.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Honey Im Homme posted:

I hope they break support Zeus :mad:

I too would like to have wards on the map ever

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Groovelord Neato posted:

Why is underlad picked so little? Has a 55 percent winrate when he's offlane. Most of the low picks are difficult to play heroes and he aint.

Because to get the most out of his ult you have to talk to your teammates and no one wants to do that

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Offlane Marci is free mmr

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

2 weird tricks to gaining 1000 mmr in a month: pick dawn and marci offlane

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

I was 5k pre talents and now I'm 3k but also have like an 80% winrate just playing the broken offlaners.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Forced 50% at under 1k lmao no thats just your rating bro

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

where the gently caress is the patch

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Patch notes are still redirecting to home screen but the patch is live lol

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

played alchemist he's good

there's so many more creep camps

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Phantom Lancer’s winrate increased by 13.07%

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Riki got +10% winrate because his ult just gives him free xp lol.

Other biggest winners are alch, bloodseeker, bristle, slark, sven i.e. mobile farming carries who didnt eat huge nerfs.

Biggest losers are brood, zeus, clinkz, and dusa.

Guess those reworks are pretty bad

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Support wise, chen and enchantress got better because creeps and AA, Veno, and Bane all got huge buffs.

QoP and Puck are back mid

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

My winning strategy so far is to play offlane, rush pipe, then yell at your team to steal their tormentor at 20 minutes. It's a massive gold swing if you get both and pipe makes it easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

ItohRespectArmy posted:

i have won every single ranked game since the patch

I have lost a single one but thats because my team didn't steal the tormentor with me.