Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
I haven't played this game in years. Last patch I played was like 6.8x or something? I dunno, it was when DOTA turned into Mario Kart. What in the world did they do to the laning phase since then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Irony Be My Shield posted:

I've started playing DOTA recently and my thoughts are that the early matchmaking is very poor and the way it further handicaps you by restricting you to 15 heroes for quite a while is silly. Also the "tutorial" is basically non-existent, it just tries to make you play a few bot games as specific heroes. I definitely would've quit almost immediately if I didn't have an extremely patient friend to guide me through everything.

e: I am curious what stuff they removed to make it simpler because it's still a very inaccessible game.

There used to be a tutorial for some of the mechanics, but evidently they got rid of that for whatever reason.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Geight posted:

Is higher turn rate faster or slower turning

Faster.