Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mightypeon
Oct 10, 2013

Putin apologist- assume all uncited claims are from Russia Today or directly from FSB.

key phrases: Poor plucky little Russia, Spheres of influence, The West is Worse, they was asking for it.
Windranger is pretty hilarious now.

That nullifier item is great on her (and also great against her), she pops this + her ult and whatever she is popping it at is going to die.

Build should be something like, phase boots (to do actual damage), force staff (because why would you not get it?), nullifier (it is kind of a budget bloodthorn, just much cheaper), aghs. Then go hog wild.
Ult CD is 15 seconds, whoever you are focus fire + nullify cannot do things or move (unless he pops BKB before), and you can shoot them while running around.

I think we will see a lot of nullifiers in competetive play. Any hero with a decent manapool who does physical attacks can benefit massively from it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mightypeon
Oct 10, 2013

Putin apologist- assume all uncited claims are from Russia Today or directly from FSB.

key phrases: Poor plucky little Russia, Spheres of influence, The West is Worse, they was asking for it.

RisqueBarber posted:

blink owns too but might be necessary with the invis wind run talent

I tend to play windranger as mid or as offlane, depending on hero choices. Getting an extra ring of health in the early game massively increases my ability to dick over whoever I am laning against, while also being a lot more resistant against most types of harassment.

In my opinion, force staff beats blink on windranger because:

1: Force staff is quite beneficial if you are not actively using it, while blink isnt. My experience is that the added regen basically means soemthing like 0.5 fountain trips less per game or so.
2: Force staff is, in my opinion, superior as an escape tool but inferior as an initation tool. As such, blink dagger would be better on heroes who lack other means of initalisation. Windranger can initiate fairly well (compared to lets say Engima or to a lesser extent Centaur). Windranger can initiate via windrun, via her phaseboots or via a cheeky creep into hero latch, this is good bit of initiation in my opinion.
3: Force staff can be upgraded, which is a concern very late game (not that I would ever prioritize this unless I am 6 slotted otherwise).
4: Force staff has more cheeky fun stuff you can do. Like, push monkey king out of his ult, push someone into your tower, safe random people on your team, and well, if you are on a team, the fun you can have with chainpushes is considerable.

Bear in mind that I am a 2K MMR scrub, and that anything I say about WR is based on that, so kindly feel free to disregard anything I say/write.