Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
The ogre rework seems to push him towards position 2 or 3, there goes my favorite support.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Pureauthor posted:

You can still play him as a support just fine, I think
Oh I'm going to, the question is how frequently am I gonna end up reported for that.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
So, with Bloodseeker's Scepter upgrade buffed, who is the new worst Aghs wielder in the game? Sniper is pretty bad but I don't think there's anything quite as crippling as old Blood Mist around now.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Peewi posted:

Enchantress was my favorite hero when I played. I see that at some point Impetus was made a basic ability and Untouchable her ultimate. How much does that change playing Enchantress?
If I remember correctly, that's actually going back to her original design. It really just means you have to be a bit more careful in the early game but have the potential to be a lot more annoying in lane.

She's still best a support though.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
They're fine, I just wish they were a bit bigger.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Feels like they overcompensated him for losing Sleeping Dart.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
How does support Medusa work, anyway?

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
My guess would be fancy new Aghs + universal stats now.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Vengeful Spirit.
(I, too, have friends who came from HoN.)

Anyway, I like most of the DotA 2 changes - the new map is the only one I've been ambivalent on for quite some time. Talents and neutral items were an especially cool thing to discover when coming back to the game.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
They're buffing caster Lina, though. She was being played as a carry.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Original_Z posted:

I'm not sure what to think of PA's new ulti, it seems way better now but also seems annoying to have to constantly be pressing the skill when in the middle of a fight.
What I don't like is that it seems to make daggers no longer crit?

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

bawfuls posted:

Yeah overall the changes struck me as an Ogre buff. The Midas change makes a good item on him even better, and the Aghs scaling with strength seems like it should be a buff late game. I guess it’s a nurf if you were rushing Aghs with no other strength items?
It's a buff for core ogre, nerf for support ogre. I feel they keep moving him into a core role.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Geight posted:

Oh man I was doing all my math where it was 150+STR, I just didn't realize the 1.5 modifier. Yeah that's a buff in any practical case, honestly.
:same: That is pretty nice.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
I played a game with Grubby early in his DotA streaming career. He had SirActionSlacks "coaching" him to build shadow blade on Gyrocopter. We did not win that one.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
The rewards seem extremely underwhelming, though.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Geight posted:

Valve games generally haven't allowed a distinction between your in-game name and Steam name for years because people are too prone to doing unsavory things with it. I also imagine it's just easier for them to implement things that way.
Which is kinda funny because I'm seeing racist usernames in there with quite some regularity.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Miss Lonelyhearts posted:

For this situation leverage the early part of the game and learn which supports can ball out before all the opposing carries come online - AA, dark willow, silencer, 4 position zeus, can all scale into the late game while being strong in lane.
My favorite for this kind of strategy is Winter Wyvern who starts off as a helpful support and turns into airborne artillery.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

ItohRespectArmy posted:

don't forget jakiro, he owns lanes, kills towers and lets you farm up real good
Yeah, I feel any other MOBA would stick him in the middle/dps role. You can only get supports with four AoE damage skills in DotA, and it's awesome.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
I like playing Viper. I use the turtle skin and drag everyone down to my level.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
At least position 4 Clinkz got effectively murdered by the Solar Crest changes.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Well, your lineup didn't really have anything to counter him, being this squishy. Unless the LC managed to get big, I suppose.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Nothing especially wrong with Dazzle on 2 or Mirana on 5, I'd say. Hell, I play QoP on 4 myself.

Picks rarely make or break a game on their own, especially in lower MMR.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

BabelFish posted:

Is QoP 4 an actual thing? it feels like she suffers from a similar problem to viper 4, that she really wants levels to have an impact after the first 8 or so minutes.
No idea if it is "an actual thing", I just like playing her and dislike lasthitting. That being said, she has a decent damage output even without gold and Blink's extra range for support items can make for pretty sick plays.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Feb 4, 2024

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

mistermojo posted:

it's the classic I want to play a fun hero and if my offlaner dies a couple of times while I gently caress around who cares
Exactly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

scott zoloft posted:

Fwiw the combo is toss avalanche for maximum damage. Not avalanche toss. Max q first because that's the value thats getting doubled by toss. Get one point in grab tree
What, really? I haven't played Tiny in years but I always thought it vent ava -> toss -> ava second hit.