Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Do bounty runes speed up game finish really?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

As a terrible player impetus sucks

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

I've been playint turbos flat out whne I'm not in lpq, it's unbalanced as hell but heck, I have fun spamming void spirit

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Anyone here play much void spirit? I've been spamming him for like a month mid and sometimes off lane but it seems like I'm only popping off one in five games (I'm bad but my opponents are too and I'd probably just stomp them if I used even a bad mid that scaled attack damage or something).

Generally building a couple nulls and brown boots then depending on whether or not I'm really dominating the lane going straight for an aghs / bots or in a harder lane phase boots euls into aghs. Ive tried plus damage items instead like a deso/daedelus/nullifer but it doesn't seem as effective as getting that aoe silence x2 early. Any tips on itemization or in general

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

My f9 key mash game is strong

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

I used to do the overwatch while I wait for lpq queues to pop they take forever

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Smythe posted:

The inmates are running the asylum lol

I always think I can squeeze a turbo when there isn't enough time lol

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Yeah the boys are miserable at the last hit gsme so they love it... When I'm in the lpq they forced to play normal though

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Spamming invoker in turbos to get another mid in my stable and man ppl Are psycho

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Stan Taylor posted:

For some reason my boys hate turbo mode but it’s really good for trying out a new hero imho. Hate solo queue but I still do it when trying out a new guy or something. Helped me nail the OD meteor hammer combo timing. That poo poo sucks so much lmao.

Turbos are great for spamming a hero and getting familiar with his battle style against generally farmed dudes.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Been spamming invoker since I've mastered rubick puck and void spirit and this one is going alot slower. Seems like I'm blowing my wad getting a kill but then I'm just an auto attacking boy.

Might try twenty games where I build attack range and phys damage instead of orchid / aghs and see how that treats me

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Ice wall has been the spell that I've had the most trouble integrating like I see the videos, a slick blink tornado ice wall combo still evades me mechanically but ive only jammed out 60 games or so yet.

I never see a dragon lance on him although it seems like it'd be great? (I'm hoeny for grove bow when it drops)

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

gormless goblin posted:

One way to express it is that you don't see Invoker missing out on kills because he didn't have a little bit extra attack range to right click. He fails because someone was able to stun him, or slow him, or he wasn't in position to cast his position-sensitive combos. His kit isn't completed by Hurricane Pike the same way it is by BKB or Orchid or Blink.

This makes alot of sense yeah, I understand it.

I think alot of the trouble I'm having making him click is the extra mechanical demands with the orbs and a lot of active items ( generally bkb, blink, orchid and a refresher if I can get it) mean I'm doing a worse job at it all. My blink usage compared to say rubivk who I've got a couple hundred games on is sub par.

I'm also relatively old and bad (despite thousands of hours I'm a 4k shitter) so this doesn't help

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Insanely stoked for today.. I've been training my four friends and they're all hooked on dota now.. Making the perfect herald squad of newbies who play one position only to help me get wicked kill streaks and stuff

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

It's amazing game and I love it. It'd even better to hear a 35 yr old squeal in excitement as his Lich ult bounces a billion times or the PA one Shots a support for the first time.. A magical time

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Sab669 posted:

I don't play Lich often but CM was banned in a game the other day so I picked up that frosty guy and had a sick fuckin game

Enemy team was Jakiro, Underlord, Morphling, Zeus and Venge. I laned with a Jug and we got a few early kills, of course, so I just rushed the Aghs knowing most of the enemy team doesn't like building BKB.

It is so obscenely satisfying pulling them all in and then throwing that ulti + Frost Blast :black101:

Yessir that's the good stuff! I got a ultra kill as rubick with a lich ult on my lifted dude into a big stun that just hosed them all and it felt so nice

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

JollyBoyJohn posted:

1-5 for skills
Q for select hero
WASD for camera
E for ultimate
RTFGH for items
Y for TP Scroll
B for attack move
Z for scoreboard
X for control all other units
Space for Stop
JKL for chat wheels

it probably sucks but its the way i like to play, its funny because I played 40 hours of league near the start of the year just for a break and using QWER for the skills was fine but I can't do the league style in dota and vice versa

Ban this troll

Space bar select hero double tap to center on him.. God mode

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Quick cast is also garbo

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Techies belongs in the dumpster so good. Rubick aghs is amazing poo poo (how to get aghs on rubick however).

What's the deal wjth the wex changes to speed is there a math magician who can tell me how much slower I am in the end? Seems really nice no boots level one tho

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Witxhblade upgrade and new eth bLde seems like a good itemization path against agi carries now on the ol voker.. Not sure how to feel about orchid as the bloodthorn was pretty solid with the attack speed before. Maybe a smarter person can spoon feed me

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Anyone use flicker? I'm hoeny to see it against loser like the ogre magi such a spammable dispel

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Got an issue Laning against this fat new hero, literally clicking on him he blocks my view of the creep I'm last hitting, what to do here?

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Only play pos1 in turbo, bkb sixth item

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Updating dota on the old travel laptop... Can I win the skins in lpq pretty sure I have a couple left from the last foray into this magical game

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Sab669 posted:

Yea my games are noticeably different. People seem to be afraid of getting reported for any little thing.

Someone even actually apologized for walking into the box when I was trying to stack creeps :monocle:

Personally I've been quite toxic in chat and playing invoker 4, what has changed to make people better behaved?

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Sab669 posted:

:shrug: The fear of the new mod system working?

Haven't seen a single "ez" or raging baby since the new update.

I read about it in the game after there's communication rating too now.. I can't ping items yet

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

The boys love turbos but I just suck at them everyone gets farmed and were potatoes so the games go long enough that the lane is somewhat irrelevant.. Can't get into it at all playing sup

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Is there a better feeling than queuing with your herald friend and feeling like miracle on the invoker? I think not

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

It's for the severely mentally ill.

These new passive effects on the orbs is pretty dandy.. Does the wex cdr only apply if you cast the spell while wexed up?

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Invoker shard nerf probably deserved I been killing it with that poo poo, and I'm not good

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Lpq queue is so long its the perfect opportunity to do some overwatch cases

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Love it.

I had void spirit in the mid roster a ~year ago when I was on the ranked but I've played a few and not sure if it's the 300 ping or some nerfs or the matchups but I wasn't really feeling him.

Whats your guys fave mids to spam out (generally I played invoker puck or void spirit) for fun. Being able to have sweet plays is more important than winning the game

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Yeah I been loving the invoker changes, Puck is a little much for 300 ping. What about earth spirit any good mid?

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

I feel badass playing es getting some kills. And poo poo what should. I be doing to try ND extend the effectiveness into the later game? poo poo like halbred and lotus orb I guess?

The damage on the board is anemic but I find I be destroying dudes with kicks and stuns and silences

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Both really, either way I'm not really sure how to get him to scale strong

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Mother in laws dog got his by a car. It's thankfully fine, but my behavior score and lpq status?

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

grinding out 3 lpq wins , always knew i disliked that dog

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Yeah they're pretty good but the queue can be long, I escaped prerrt easily this time. Single draft is bomb tho

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

sven is gonna be tough lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Viper is what I get my newb friends to play