Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Meteor hammer means that a team at a huge disadvantage can't just passively sit in their base forever and kill heroes walking uphill, which turned into a big problem last patch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Swapping free move for invis is a buff for BM I think. Running into trees is way better than immediately dying when someone with a sentry wanders over

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

JollyPubJerk posted:

3-400? When was the last time you played dota? 1k is typical..

People raging early about builds on new heroes and reporting. Yeah, not enough, game's dead.

You do understand that the queue is prioritizing finding people as racist and angry as you instead of using skill ranking, right?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Play as Clockwerk to learn offlane because he is fun

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
lol at accusing someone of ad hominems in the Dota 2 thread

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I've gone from like around 4k to 2k in like a year I have no idea how to play Dota anymore haha

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Man I don't even know how to play support in this game anymore. Ward half the map, buy smoke, gank lanes, win at least two lanes, and then I guess lose almost every game? Am I supposed to be farming too these days or what? It feels like you have to play a core hero to have a big impact but I maybe I just suck or something.

Maybe I should just pick Tusk every game and stop worrying about it.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I calibrated at Crusader I have no idea what that is but I lost like 9/10 calibration games and got reported my last game for stacking and pulling so uh I bet it isn't great

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I don't know why poo poo like Dota needs rewards just play and have fun man

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
It is fine that a game 5+ years old is gradually losing player base. It isn't the end of the world.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I think Dark Willow is a fun hero.

Who is the HoN hero that has her ganking ult spell I forget

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I random because it is fun more than bonus anything. Bring back old randoming to at least unranked imo

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

quote:

UI Updates
Other

Fixed a typo where the Quebec chat channel was called Qumbec.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I'd trade you my Arc Warden one but I assume without looking that there is no way to do so

e: Apparently I can after the new year so if you remember this send me a pm

GOOD TIMES ON METH fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Dec 19, 2017

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I played a ranked game and lost and at the end got promoted to a level like 1000 MMR higher than what I was because of a bug or something. I am still queuing at the same MMR but now I have some sick rear end medal. Thanks for reading my story.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Minorkos posted:

I'm at Divine 1 at the moment. I managed to lose like 700 MMR before the calibrations and I've been trying to undo the damage ever since.

Sadly the game just isn't very fun for me in this patch. It seems like offlane is thoroughly hosed now. It's not even "hard" in the sense that it's challenging, it's just a lane you simply sometimes lose against certain heroes, and there's nothing you can do about it. I'm basically unable to play anything but Clockwerk since he's more or less the only hero that can deal with zoning and still have an impact on the lane. I mean I can pick something like Doom or Pangolier and still usually do somewhat okay on my lane, but every now and then, the enemy supports zone me entirely and the game just becomes a loving nightmare where I'm using one hand to try to evade the enemy supports hounding me wherever I go and my other hand to write explanations to my team why I'm still level 1. I'm actually getting a ton of reports for "feeding" or "being useless" just for playing my role to the best of my ability since most people don't understand how loving horrible suicide laning can be now.

I don't know why Valve opted to make offlane like this. It's just objectively speaking less interesting and less challenging to play now. I lost interest in the patch about 2 weeks ago.

The good news that as your mmr gets lower most games will either have one or zero supports, so you can go back to picking whatever. When life closes a door God opens a window.

I usually play offlane or support and sort of like that it is harder there now since it seems like less of the solo queue people try to solo offlane dumb bullshit like Sniper there these days. I think it is good that heroes like Tide or Clock have more of a defined role in a lane now instead of just being a roaming guy or an afk iron talon jungler.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Sing has mellowed a lot in that regard, at least during the times I have watched his stream. I think getting suspended from Twitch scared him straight

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
ppd is currently streaming playing low priority with his brother and it is fun to watch even him struggle to support stupid pub 4 carry lineups

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Pick disables against Huskar he actually sucks poo poo when he can't armlet toggle because he is a fish or is forced to get an early bkb

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Maybe it was just a netsplit bro

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Little poo poo like:

quote:

Added an option to bring Dota 2 forward when match starts and when picking phase starts
Added an option to bring Dota 2 forward when a game is unpaused

is a godsend

Also mana drain getting a slow makes Lion seem like a nightmare in lane

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Naga Meteor Hammer is good imo

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I just had a very confusing game looking for bounty runes every two minutes before I noticed the patch

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Emerald Warden the Semi-Carry

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
It just means a core that comes online super fast but generally can't stand up to a late game right click battle. Like a mid Zeus is a good example since he can control a game starting very early with a level advantage and 'carry' you to a 20-30 minute win but doesn't scale his damage after a certain point.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Talents are cool imo

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I don't know what Valve does with mmr for accounts that haven't played in forever but mentally gird yourself for losing a bunch of it at first. I think the average 3.5k player is in general way better than he was a few years ago.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Calling SS is for the weak. Demand perfect map awareness from your team to propel their play upwards

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I bet Artifact is going to be real fun since for all their other faults Valve sure makes good games when they want to

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I think a lot of people play it but just solo queue or are already nestled into a small group they have played with for years

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I'm tired of support Silencer ruining like half my games it doesn't disable or heal or anything it isn't a support please stop unless you are a pro dota team that actually practices playing with it thank you

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

TOOT BOOT posted:

Re-calibration is kinda hilarious. I've seen multiple teammates go from playing in high skill or even very high skill go to playing in normal skill games.

I was Legend 3 and lost my first three calibration games and in the fourth game there was a Crusader 1 guy on my team. Calibration ain't loving around.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I was Legend 3 and lost my first three calibration games and in the fourth game there was a Crusader 1 guy on my team. Calibration ain't loving around.

:whitewater:

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I say just go crazy because I don't think really how currently skilled you are really matters over the course of a few games just because that's how Dota works. Especially right now since all the skill levels in matchmaking seem real screwy. This is probably a bit Dunning–Kruger but I could have been Dendi and still lost most of my calibration games just because a mid player on the other team seems like he is like 1000+ mmr higher than the one on mine and no help in the world is going to win him that lane.

Like it is annoying that I have to go back up to eventually what I think my level should be, but that would be fine if the games right now didn't suck poo poo. Like almost everything I have played has been real unfun complete one sided stomps.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Solo queue is kind awful right now since everyone realized that Spectre is pretty broken in pubs. People are just slam first picking it now in poo poo mmr land

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
CM is pretty funny now with the attack speed/gold talents since if you are having a good game you can just randomly appear at like 30 minutes with a Mjolnir and BKB and melt the other teams carry

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Enigma89 posted:

I haven't really been playing that much since january but I loving suck now. This is the first time since MMR came out that I am actually below 3k. Ever since talents came out I have just been sucking and all of my old school meme builds don't work so well.

You probably suck from not playing but also everyone at that mmr is way better than they were a year ago so don't feel too bad.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Dazzle is pretty ok still I think. A lot of people max his q in lane and just sit there and zone out people

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Know that you are entering a game with a mature player base (ie: most of the players have been playing for years) and that you might get a lot of poo poo early on for not understanding all the unwritten rules about laning/drafting/etc. If you tell people you are new then you will be surprised by how many might actually be helpful. If they aren't then tell them to eat poo poo and mute them.

But yeah I think if you like the genre then Dota 2 is the deepest and most rewarding game in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
http://www.dota2.com/720