Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/jeffdarlington/status/925355767951224832

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Ajayi for a 4th lmao dolphins

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Yeah I'm going to give the Miami dolphins the benefit of the doubt on this one

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Oh Jarvis Landry is available and the Patriots just acquired an extra second rounder for a player thye never use?

Hmmmmm. HMMMMMMMM

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
The most upsetting thing about this, is that we had to give up a 5th for the Saints bust LBer but could only get a 4th for a pro bowl running back.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
If we trade Landry to the Pats for anything I quit football.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Sounds like a Jackson gang story to me.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Bears! If they gave away Ajayi for a 4th, jump on that poo poo!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

If we trade Landry to the Pats I will never cheer for this team again.

Toxx me.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Of course Lynch and Shannahan go for a Brady back up.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Would of been nice if the Chiefs had more than 79 cents in cap space to trade for an edge-rusher or corner.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Amy Pole Her posted:

I have no words. Ajayi must’ve just been pissing on Gases truck tires or something
Never heard this saying... is pee bad for tires?

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Week 8 Quick Reads

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

CyberPingu posted:

Well Ajayi definitely has no cartilage in his knees and has to skip practices already.

Maybe it’s sustainable, but the reason for concern certainly exists.

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
I'm not sure how sending a player to a top 5 team in the NFL is really "punishment," as well.

Everyone on the Dolphins should refuse to learn anything now.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

I mean, their o-line is pretty bad.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

CyberPingu posted:

? Not really though. Read his draft stuff - he fell to the 4th due to concerns over his knee. He currently sits out every other practice. It’s a concern but 2 full seasons of Ajayi is worth more than a 4th good loving grief

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Amy Pole Her posted:

? Not really though. Read his draft stuff - he fell to the 4th due to concerns over his knee. He currently sits out every other practice. It’s a concern but 2 full seasons of Ajayi is worth more than a 4th good loving grief

Fair enough, usually when poo poo like this happens you usually see a bunch of "player health concern" BS that comes out of biased reporters/fans

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/craigmish/status/925358053951791105

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

CyberPingu posted:

That was the big knock on him during the draft. Thats part of why Dallas passed on him anyway at the time

efb

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/925352988503404545

o0

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
If something is working definitely fix it.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Ehud posted:

Toxx me.

That would be some kind of amazing if that trade happened. I'd want to see Tannebaum fired into the sun.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

It’s probably because the teams total trash just imo

#TeamJay

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
I was really hoping the Eagles would make the Calvin Johnson thing happen, but purely from a cap/trade wonk standpoint

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

hey chiefs. salary cap dump hali and someone else to the browns then go trade for a real edge rusher.

corner is less of a need now that my boy stephen nelson is back and throwing around his dick

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Ehud posted:

Toxx me.

You somehow found a way to have hope in the season after Tannehill went down for the year, I'm not falling for this again

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I heard Tavon Austin is available

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Chris James 2 posted:

You somehow found a way to have hope in the season after Tannehill went down for the year, I'm not falling for this again

You have me confused with somebody else. I said our ceiling with Cutler was 6 or 7 wins.

Also, more Landry talk:

https://twitter.com/siclancy/status/925360126390886400

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
i feel like the eagles have gone all in and reinvented their entire roster like 3 times in the past decade. it’s kind of impressive.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Ehud posted:

You have me confused with somebody else. I said our ceiling with Cutler was 6 or 7 wins.

Also, more Landry talk:

https://twitter.com/siclancy/status/925360126390886400

Ehud, go ahead to the dark side and embrace your inner Patriot.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Man Ajayi I can live with but Landry is the heart and soul of the team.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
I am befuddled how the Browns were not in the Jimmy G trade. They're willing to pay a billion dollars for Brock Osweiler, but don't think Jimmy can be the guy worth a 2nd round pick?

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Bigass Moth posted:

I am befuddled how the Browns were not in the Jimmy G trade. They're willing to pay a billion dollars for Brock Osweiler, but don't think Jimmy can be the guy worth a 2nd round pick?

They offered a first rounder in the offseason I believe

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ehud you already live in Panthers territory and we have proven capable of beating the Pats.

JOIN US

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
I'm seeing reports that the Patriots tried repeatedly to get Jimmy G signed to a long-term deal but were unable to, and that a new deal has not been established for Garopollo and the 49ers, who will try to get him on a new deal but don't have one in place yet.

This could be a disaster.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Bigass Moth posted:

they paid money for a pick, brock was peripheral to that trade

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

three posted:

I'm not sure how sending a player to a top 5 team in the NFL is really "punishment," as well.

Everyone on the Dolphins should refuse to learn anything now.

Counterpoint:
1. Philadelphia fans
2. Living in Philadelphia

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

TheChirurgeon posted:

I'm seeing reports that the Patriots tried repeatedly to get Jimmy G signed to a long-term deal but were unable to, and that a new deal has not been established for Garopollo and the 49ers, who will try to get him on a new deal but don't have one in place yet.

This could be a disaster.
They have money to franchise and transition tag for years, and Kyle Shanahan seems like a guy that QB's will like to play for.

Don't think it's a big deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Jimmy G wants starter money. Got to be a starter for that. Drag a poo poo team to 15 and one.

• Locked thread