Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

LiquidFriend posted:

They have money to franchise and transition tag for years, and Kyle Shanahan seems like a guy that QB's will like to play for.

Don't think it's a big deal.

I would consider it a disaster if they have to franchise Garopollo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

Bigass Moth posted:

I am befuddled how the Browns were not in the Jimmy G trade. They're willing to pay a billion dollars for Brock Osweiler, but don't think Jimmy can be the guy worth a 2nd round pick?

To be fair they weren't really paying for Brock Osweiler, they were just buying a draft pick.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
The Dolphins aren't trading Landry to the Pats. It will be Wake

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
The Ravens have destroyed a franchise

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

TheChirurgeon posted:

I was really hoping the Eagles would make the Calvin Johnson thing happen, but purely from a cap/trade wonk standpoint

Turns out he was going to Philly to open a pretzel shop :laffo:

https://www.reddit.com/r/eagles/comments/79uza2/calvin_johnson_didnt_fly_to_philadelphia_to_meet/

reddit :rolleyes: posted:

Calvin Johnson didn't fly to Philadelphia to meet with the eagles. He came to open up a pretzel shop.

A friend of a friend's mother is one of the trainers for Auntie Anne's pretzels. Auntie Anne's does their training in Lancaster. Calvin Johnson came to Lancaster for the training. He is going to open up his own Auntie Anne's franchise. The only yards he'll be producing are yards of sweet sweet pretzel dough.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

FizFashizzle posted:

Ehud you already live in Panthers territory and we have proven capable of beating the Pats.

JOIN US

but I still have cam newton Gator hang ups

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Jivesauce posted:

To be fair they weren't really paying for Brock Osweiler, they were just buying a draft pick.

They brought him into the preseason as the starter for whatever that's worth.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
the twisted world of calvin johnson

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
OH well here you go, Browns front office left promptly at 5 and didn't bother getting involved...??? The GM found out about the trade an hour after it happened........

https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/925342090711764992?s=09

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

KC should be on the phone but they never make exciting mid season trades

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

the_american_dream posted:

The Ravens have destroyed a franchise

Two Ravens and Phins

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I wouldn't mind seeing Landry as a Saint.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Ha, that makes sense. I never thought it was realistically possible for the Eagles to get Megaton onto the roster--not enough space and too much poo poo would have had to happen to make it work. But it would have been fun to see!

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Dallas could use another wr but iirc Landry operates mainly where a still kind of effective Witten does

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

this is great

So are Pretzels

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
But for real is Suh on the trading block?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

schweens posted:

I doubt it and by all reports in recent days, no.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

schweens posted:

I don’t know if they can afford it. I believe the Dolphins would still be on the hook for the guaranteed money and it’s still not even feasible to cut him until 2019 so I doubt they could trade him either.

But I would be a-ok with it, if the cap works.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

fishing with the fam posted:

Sure, Ajayi has been mediocre this year, but that seems like a strange move.

Gase is serious here. And trading a player from the Dolphins clearly demonstrates the need to work hard and play hard or else risk banishment to a team like the Eagles.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

The NFL trade deadline being... exciting?

What timeline is this one? :psyduck:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/omarkelly/status/925368748713893888

I will revolt if we do it.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
So many bad teams hoping to trade off players so losing can be the plan all along. Guy pointing at head gif.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

The mystery team is always Philly.

Fight! For your kite!
Jul 29, 2008
The Bills have had a lot of turnover but trading for Landry sounds crazy after he ended Aaron Williams's career in 2016.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Well Philly should be loading up on as many quality backups they can get for the playoff run. Going to hilariously backfire but whatever you can trade them away in the offseason.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

TheChirurgeon posted:

Ha, that makes sense. I never thought it was realistically possible for the Eagles to get Megaton onto the roster--not enough space and too much poo poo would have had to happen to make it work. But it would have been fun to see!

The real twist ( :v: ) is that the franchise is going to be in the Eagles' stadium!

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Elephanthead posted:

Well Philly should be loading up on as many quality backups they can get for the playoff run. Going to hilariously backfire but whatever you can trade them away in the offseason.

Yeah for a long time the logic was "draft picks are gold, never trade them except for other draft picks" but I think the logic has gotten too extreme. A 2nd for a potential starting QB is a steal. A 4th for an RB who is proven but has injury question marks is a better return than the typical 4th round pick gets.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The Panthers aren't in the AFC eastwhat the heck

FizFashizzle fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Oct 31, 2017

That Which Squeaks
Aug 28, 2006

"Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you."
-Bill Belichick
On Cleveland, word is the offered a "second plus change" in the offseason, not the first, and there are murmurs its somewhat of a favor to Garoppolo and his agent, Don Yee (also Brady's) not to stick him there.

Nov 6, 2002

That Which Squeaks posted:

On Cleveland, word is the offered a "second plus change" in the offseason, not the first, and there are murmurs its somewhat of a favor to Garoppolo and his agent, Don Yee (also Brady's) not to stick him there.

That my team, always doing favors for their players.

I'm pretty sure if Belichick could have gotten more they could have shipped him to ISIS for all he cares.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012

Fight! For your kite! posted:

The Bills have had a lot of turnover but trading for Landry sounds crazy after he ended Aaron Williams's career in 2016.

gently caress landry

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

How are Ajayi's hands?

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

FizFashizzle posted:

The Panthers aren't in the AFC South what the heck

Neither are the Dolphins

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

a new study bible! posted:

How are Ajayi's hands?

He doesn’t run routes cause he doesn’t know the playbook.

They are fine he’s solid if unspectacular out of the backfield.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Blitz pickup is the bigger issue. Smallwood is just too small to take on blitzers (Darren Sproles didn't give him his magic feather, apparently) and Blount isn't on the field on third down.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Jimmy G needs weapons!!!

Also Beathard is still the starter for week nine.

Their bye is week eleven.

It's entirely possible they traded a second for six games lmbo

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

TheBizzness posted:

Neither are the Dolphins

I am actually Ryan Tannehill.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

a new study bible! posted:

The mystery team is always Philly.

Nov 6, 2002

FizFashizzle posted:

I laughed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

FizFashizzle posted:

At least he knows which direction the sun rises and sets!!!!!!! (he probably doesn’t)

• Locked thread