Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Siochain posted:

gently caress cancer. gently caress cancer so goddamn hard.
:glomp:

spog posted:

So how much do you guys pay for AAA or the like?
I need to look into this again. I have towing through my insurance but wife doesn't and AAA family plans aren't too bad from what I remember

Planning on singing up for AI:SS but I need to figure out if I have actual stuff to send instead of doing a lovely Amazon pack again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Liquid Communism posted:

I desperately wish more fitness instructors would tell women to lift weights. The secret to looking 'toned' is having some muscle, and the female bodybuilder look that is used to scare people off isn't possible without a ton of work and usually chemical assistance.

My wife used to be into power lifting, never competed but was drat good at it. She found some pictures while going through an old phone....:drat: She's asked for afew months with a trainer as her Christmas present and seems really excited to get back into it.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Seminal Flu posted:

I'd never heard of TheWorkNumber before... looked it up... god drat, commercial Equifax.

That's frightening and shouldn't exist.
Had never heard of before and yeah that's a bit scary. I'm not going to look up what they have on me but I'm surprised I haven't heard people complaining about it before.

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

after losing rascal it was shocking to me just how much company a pet provides. my wife sleeps during the day to work midnight shifts and she misses having her protector and buddy, and I miss having a video game pal who liked to talk to me and my discord buds in the middle of overwatch matches
We have friends that watch the dogs when we go out of town but usually drop them off the day before because we always leave stupid early for trips. House is just empty without them. One keeps her company while she reads or watches TV and the other is my garage/gaming buddy.

Anyone have a VW forum that isn't full of idiots and has some well organized tech info? VWvortex is the old one I used and there's some good stuff but it's buried and there's a lot of misinformation. Specifically looking for MK1 VW stuff for the '82 Caddy.

Did figure out my non working wipers, hvac is likely due to the load reducer relay being toast. Nice I found that before I went through and started pulling tracing wires.

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Nov 8, 2017

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Way late to radio chat but I picked up a Kienzle MCR 1016 BT for the E28. Decent amount of functions while not being too flashy or ugly to look at in something older.

edit: I bought mine off eBay in Germany or UK

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Nov 14, 2017

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Seat Safety Switch posted:

It has Bluetooth? I dig it.

Yup that's the BT designation in the name (Kienzle MCR 1016 BT). I can't comment on how it works though because it's still sitting in the box waiting to be installed.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

nm posted:

...I can say many many bad things about wisconsin, but one should never doubt their cheese curding prowess.
Visiting home (WI) this week, introduced the wife to fresh cheese curds yesterday and deep fried today. She now understands the hype.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

The Locator posted:

So... assuming that you drive 40 miles each way (not 40 total in a day) that's 400 miles in a 5 day work week. $130 of gas at $3.14 per gallon is 41.40 gallons. You get 9.66 MPG? Are you driving a fully loaded semi truck to work? Or maybe a 3/4 ton pickup truck or Chrysler land yacht from the late 60's or early 70's? :v:

Best: 22.96 mpg
Worst: 8.10 mpg
Average: 14.2 mpg

pretty sure that 22.96 is wrong, I don't remember ever breaking 18

• Locked thread