Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

I dont mind Carlton Draught, Most of my friends wouldnt drink it at gunpoint

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

slothrop posted:

:shrug: A few years ago I would have argued but at the end of the day, beer is like pizza, even when it's bad, it's still good. After a long day I'd rather drink a Carlton than no beer

for me? Southern Comfort and lime shakers. 3/4 SoCo, generous squeeze of lime, shake with plenty of ice and pour into shot glasses.

Mate of mine once said "Theres no such thing as bad beer, just better beers". I ended up agreeing with him after I got deployed to Innaminka in January for a fire, flew from Adelaide into Moomba and it was 44 degrees when we landed. At 6pm. Flew via heli out to Innaminka and it was hot enough in the back seats to send the thermal docket from the taxi ride to the airport totally black in my pocket. When we landed at 7pm it was still 38 degrees and one of the local parks guys up there offered me a West End draught can from the freezer.

Nectar of the loving gods, right there.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Lol there's a Minecraft movie? poo poo my son is going to make me take him god dammit

How do you make a movie about digging a hole in the ground to hide in during the daylight and hiding all night from monsters and then running the gently caress away from creepers any time of the day?

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

You know whats a fantastic feeling? Standing at the checkout of the supermarket with $250 worth of groceries and getting your card declined. Because suddenly the account you know always has between $1200 and $2000 in it because its the staging area for the mortgage payment, bills and food shopping has had $1200 drained out of it by some fuckstain who spoofed a credit card number.

So now not only am I down $1200 for the next up to 40 days while waiting for the banks fraud department to work its poo poo out, but I'll have to eat the overdraft fees on my visa card cos I had to blow straight past its limit to actually buy food for the week. Great loving fun when you have a $1000 power bill, $600 rates bill, $300 utility bill for a meter change and house insurance all due within the next few weeks. So long emergency savings!

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

Banking system is slightly different here- they won’t refund you instantly and the banks fraud department must authorise it before you get your money back. Stops bullshit like the examples earlier from Walmart and amazon earlier.

Aus has essential totally abandoned signatures on cards too- it’s all payWave or pin now.

As for the utilities, the power bill is for a quarter and we pay 40c per kWh... and a 90c a day supply charge. Hence the install of a 9.3kw solar system two weeks ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

You had better luck than the last one I had to help with a few years ago. Guy had a heart attack at the wheel of his truck, crashed into a bunch of trees and that’s where we found him on the side of the road. Gave myself a shoulder injury trying to catch a 120+kg man falling out of a truck cab before he smashed his skull open on the broken bits of truck and we did CPR on him for about 25 mins before the ambo got there and they took over.

He didn’t make it out of the ER and I got reamed out at work for not following safe manual handling principles and getting injured....

• Locked thread