Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Happy Octvember y'all. Where is the best coverage for SEMA? Like actual good stuff not the gross icky rocket bunny everything.

Unrelated chat: This morning a lot of local Walmarts had the Super NES classic in stock. I told my wife to go buy a hundred but at least try for one. She didn't seem as enthused.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Unrelated chat: This morning a lot of local Walmarts had the Super NES classic in stock. I told my wife to go buy a hundred but at least try for one. She didn't seem as enthused.

This is like a self-:hf: but I convinced my wife to drive to the store that was a ways down the road and she was able to grab two. :getin:

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

I am in for my second year! I suggest an update to the thread title noting that registration closes November 14th

Come on you Internet nerds! Go register and be a part of something good.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Bored with my car. Wish it was April so I could do this upgrade already.

Are you getting an EVO or 135iM3?

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Leaning heavily toward a Fiesta ST. Cost of ownership and fun factor seems to be perfect for me.

This seems perfectly sensible! My neighbor picked up a brand new one early in the summer for a pittance and he loves the thing. It makes fun whizpop sounds when he drives by my house even at low speeds. They are really good looking little cars that seem to be really engaging when driven. His family affectionately refers to the car as "Zippy". I think that when my beater Mazda6 finally dies I will get a used Fiesta ST for winter driving.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

I know many a thread have been derailed by dealership chat; but This American Life’s podcast this week was all about a car dealership and how quotas are met and margins and stuff (specifically about the sales side). It was fascinating and stressful. I don’t ever want to do automotive sales.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

That's.... not this week. That's the 129 Cars episode, right?

That originally aired Dec 13, 2013.

This has some background on the people involved.

Yeah on iTunes they will just post one a week, they mentioned at the beginning it was an old episode being re-broadcast

BraveUlysses posted:

It's still a really interesting episode, new or not.

I really enjoyed it. Pretty fun story overall though.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Applebees Appetizer posted:

I watched both seasons of Stranger Things over the past few weeks and it's legit good, probably the best series I've seen since Breaking Bad.

I started watching season 1 after the initial hype had died out. I was very engaged and loved the first few episodes but for some reason never finished the season. On Sunday I started watching it where I left off and I have been loving it! I am only done with two episodes of season 2 but it looks promising so far.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

slidebite posted:

Stove top stuffing flavor potato chips?

Will Starbucks follow the trend with a limited time Stuffing Flavored latte?

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

iForge posted:

Final warning: AI:SS registration ends in 2 days. Thread in the stickies.

Quoted just because. Last year was my first time and the goons went gentle on me. A+ experience would buy again.

My post today in the chat thread? If you start watching episode six of stranger things season two at ten at night you will not be going to bed until 1:30 because you will watch the rest of the series.

What a ride! I hope they can keep the quality of the story this high because :holymoley:

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

If you don't get the following references you should be banned from AI:
  • I like the tuna
  • Overnight parts from Japan
  • I live my life a quarter mile at a time
  • Too soon, Junior
  • NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWS :kingsley:
  • granny shiftin, not double clutching like you should

please add to this list.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Also it's 3AM and I've been playing BotW non-stop send help

:laffo: it never stops btw. I’ve found like 92? Shrines, I’ve done 55 side quests. I have defeated Ganon. I just have a few more memories to recover.

I exclusively play the game handheld on my Switch because I need the battery to die for me to stop. That was happening at like 1:30 or 2:00. On weeknights. When I have work in the morning and a family to feed.

But I have the bitchinest armor sets and now I hunt Lynels for fun.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

I really hate how "slow" the progression is going to be able to be not-turbofucked when a Lizalfos or Guardian shows up, but when I do get a new heart container or whatever it's super rewarding. Right now I'm grinding shrines because I need 13 hearts to get the Master Sword. I hate having to swap weapons and poo poo all the time but it's bearable.

The only downside to playing so much BotW is that I also bought Super Mario Odyssey, and after playing it for maybe an hour I want to keep switching back and forth.

Master sword is cool and all but there are far better weapons. As you just play the game more better weapons will be found. Some bows will shoot multiple arrows while only using "one" arrow from your stash. I have like half a dozen savage lynel bows and they are basically all I use. Get more stamina - it lets you move a lot faster and get a lot more stuff done especially when adventuring around. Beat the divine beasts and get the heart containers that way. Focus on changing the orbs for stamina. Find ore all over the cliffs and sell the ore for rupees. Use the rupees to buy a shitton of arrows and armor. Dude I didn't get the master sword until I had found like 70 shrines or something and defeated three of the four divine beasts. Upgrade your slate asap if you haven't.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Got to see Ragnarok yesterday and it was great! Lots of laughs and a good time. Cate Blanchett is incredibly good looking, not even taking into account she’s nearly fifty years old :psyduck:

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Beverly Cleavage posted:

Imagine the lost revenue when they have to pay the $$$$ fees to all the credit cards users.

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

i havent used cash in probably five years. any place that's like "uh cash only buster" i go and put my poo poo back and go somewhere else

yeah lemme just carry a wad of something that can be stolen from me and not be able to be gotten back
edit: in retrospect maybe i have lived in detroit for too long

Bolded for emphasis. As a merchant I will tell you why cash. Anyone can dispute a credit card charge. You can walk into Walmart, buy something with your card. SIGN YOUR NAME, smile and wave to the camera and leave with the stuff. You can then call your bank/card issuer and dispute the charge. Your money will be refunded. Every. Time. You can buy something on Amazon, under your account, shipping to your billing address with signed delivery of said product. You can call and dispute that charge and will get your money back every time. This does not include the fact that you are a horrible person for committing fraud.

Who loses? The merchant. Every time. Visa/Master Card/AmEx/Discover loses no sleep over it. They just reach into your account and pull the money out. The merchant is out on the money and out on the product. If you pay with cash then there is no retribution like this, entirely independent of the ~3% processing fees for a credit card.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

So how do you guys feel about Smashburger?

I like Smashburger quite a lot. Five Guys and In N Out both have their place, but I usually go to In N Out simply based on portion size for fries. Nobody canshould finish that many fries in one sitting. The Habit is also a good burger and they have great fries. The burger just looks very tidy too which I appreciate.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Ha! Told ya you’d be playing all night. I decided to keep my Super Mario odyssey in the package for Christmas. I got it for me/my kids and they are too little and don’t know about it so why not.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

I only have a ~14 mile round trip commute and a stay at home wife that doesn’t do a ton of driving. I put about 5k miles total on personal driving this year. I go like 3-4 weeks in between fill ups :smugdog:

Just made it through the busiest two days of the year. Business is good; but my industry is in need of a Renaissance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Not exactly CT level drama or impact (no hard meaning with "drama," I know it's used more often sarcastically), but this slays me.

Picked the wrong month to stop drinking. Just got this text randomly midday today.

Now you can play BotW uninterrupted. Don’t question your blessings, embrace them

• Locked thread