Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Fuk u aus t:mad:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

man i was just going 2 do this eff u

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Dunno what percentage of "shitspeak" and what percentage of "rude as gently caress" led to these unfortunate souls getting probated, but I suggest the kind folk of Automotive Insanity not follow this general posting style even in chat threads because holy gently caress is it garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

I dunno bud I throw a garage party for my birthday generally. A bunch of Eve and AI goons come actually. They can be fun if they're more "party" and less "birthday".

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

:siren: Get in on AISS 2017 you bads :siren:

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Somewhat Heroic posted:

I suggest an update to the thread title noting that registration closes November 14th

Done

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Come on you Internet nerds! Go register and be a part of something good.

This

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

This is not D&D.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

CommieGIR posted:

Can't discuss anything here.

Maybe you cant.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Im joking with you boo boo :)

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Goober Peas posted:

Eggball vs Football vs Soccer

This is not a problem for me personally, as I tune out immediately upon hearing any of them.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

new "no sportsball chat" rule incoming :rip:

:rolleyes:

In other news I saw this really good post recently and I think y'all should go take a look. Especially CommieGIR since he doesn't have anything else to do for 6 hours. Here's some excerpts:

Adiabatic posted:

1. Don't be an rear end in a top hat for no reason.

2. Basics

No militantism. It's okay to have an opinion. To go on little "campaigns" every time someone mentions something you don't like is retarded.

12. Slothlaw is now in effect

Be Chill To One Another

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

The only reason political chat in particular is done is because it always devolves immediately into a bunch of assholes arguing with eachother.

Devolving into assholes arguing with eachother on any subject is bad and you should feel bad about doing it.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Everyone should do what i do and ignore the news and stay in bed for as long as possible every morning because the future is terrifying and life is mediocre

No thats only Michigan

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Cage posted:

Hey since we're cleaning house maybe we can get rid of the word retarded in the AI rules please don't prob me for this. :angel:

Yeah good point.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

mekilljoydammit posted:

Ugh. Stupid exercise - with my brainmeats the way they are, and the way that gradual increases are easy to overlook, every time I try I tend to just "come to the realization" that there's no improvement and it's futile. Yes, I intellectually know that's not the case, but I'm not good at continuing on with things that my brain is screaming aren't doing anything, except for a few years once where I hated myself.

The person coming to the realization is not you, but a defeatist rear end in a top hat voice in your head. Tell him/her to shut the gently caress up cause you got work to do yo.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I’m 6’ and 190lbs and I’m pretty chubby

Turns out children's souls aren't very dense.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

I could watch Baby Driver eight more times and still not catch all the cool little bits of background integrated into the music and dialogue.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Somewhat Heroic posted:

If you don't get the following references you should be banned from AI:
  • I like the tuna
  • Overnight parts from Japan
  • I live my life a quarter mile at a time
  • Too soon, Junior
  • NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWS :kingsley:
  • granny shiftin, not double clutching like you should

please add to this list.

Not emptyquoting.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

CommieGIR posted:

And that's why I can't watch them.

Don't get me wrong, I get WHY people like FATF. I do. But I can't do that. I'm just that big of a nerd.

It's cool yo, you get preferential treatment for being my secret santa a couple years back.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

ILLUMINATI BIG GOVERNMENT NEPOTISM NOT IN MY MURICA BAN ADIABATIC

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Oh yeah by the way

:siren: SIGN UP FOR AI SECRET SANTA YOU HORRIBLE JERKS :siren:

:siren: TOMORROW IS THE DEADLINE :siren:

:siren: THIS ISN'T UNDERWATER BASKETWEAVING 101 YOU CAN'T PROCRASTINATE PAST THE DEADLINE AND THEN GET MOMMY TO CALL THE TEACHER AND MAKE IT ALL OKAY :siren:

:siren: HERE LOOK I EVEN PUT A loving LINK UP FOR YOU :siren:

:siren: MAKE SURE TO EMAIL automotiveinsanity2016@gmail.com NOT JUST POST IN THE THREAD YOU BAD :siren:

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

fridge corn posted:

Right. It's fine. There's nothing wrong with fatf films. But accusing people of "hating fun" for not finding enjoyment from them is incredibly gauche

As a person that enjoys accusing people of "hating fun" I find your comment incredibly gauche.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Seminal Flu posted:

Y'all are salty and argue-y today.

Shut up no we aren't :colbert:

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

My life is an MMO and I'm level 150, bitches.

Who wants to raid?

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

I definitely have felt a bunch of my anger with that kind of stuff melt off. Too much going on to spend time angry with that poo poo.

Sure it needs to be called to attention and changed and whatnot but I got better things to do.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

fridge corn posted:

Man I used to get dogpiled in here for suggesting that 5 guys were poo poo, now everyone hates them. What happened hmmm :thunk:

Aston Martins are stupid.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

We see the world through glasses with lenses we are completely in control of. A lot of people just don't realize it.

fridge corn posted:

That you see people as inherently greedy and self-serving is merely a reflection of the society that we live in

I generally choose to see individuals as inherently good, and they usually live up to it.

Adiabatic fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Nov 22, 2017

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Bingo wash that sucker!

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Ajit Pai is not an individual. He's a collection of cockroaches stuffed into an even bigger rear end in a top hat's skin. Why let a previous telcom CEO lead the FCC?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rE3j_RHkqJc

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Posting this again for emphasis. If you've got 8 minutes to spare, it's a great watch.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Beverly Cleavage posted:

Just watched it actually. nice video. Sorry I spread this thought germ, re: Net Neutrality.

Best Mod. <3

Props yo. Thanks for watching it. Not to say there's no ideas worth fighting for, but when I see a lot of anger and other appeals to emotion, I start to wonder the history behind the narrative. We all do this poo poo. I do it constantly.

Really the only way I have found to get past it is check myself frequently, which is very difficult to do when my judgment is clouded with emotion. Catch 22 gently caress IM SO ANGRY.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

CommieGIR posted:

That doesn't really absolve the lobbying power and our current levels of bull headed corruption that inhabit our government currently, especially with people like Pai who is fully willing to buy whatever argument gets him the most money. These are people who openly flaunt ignorance as a GOOD thing, and they are not inherently good people.

What's the saying: Those who claim they will do the most good often do the most harm. People like Devos and others in the GOP come to mind: Theocrats openly willing to oppress others "For their own good"

You can try to put a positive spin on it all you want, but the bottom line is: Trump has selected the most self-centered and greedy group of people with the purpose of breaking the government. And it will do real harm.

Dude really I do not want to keep probating you for all this political poo poo but you keep bringing it up constantly and it's going to cause another angry mob in the chat thread. Stop.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

CommieGIR posted:

Then we can't discuss Net Neutrality, because right now its an inherently political issue.

Sounds good. There's plenty of other places to get your fix. Check out reddit right now.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

I dunno but Im addicted to KSP right now

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Ether Frenzy posted:

Talking about KSP makes me think about the german rocketry technological ties that united the USSR's space program and the USA's in the dawn of the Space Race, and then the obvious russian connection makes me think about current politics, therefore I petition that this is another topic we cannot talk about because we're all small babbys.

You think too much.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

The Locator posted:

Bought a game called "Rebel Galaxy" from Steam yesterday for $4.99. I then proceeded to play it for 5 hours straight, so even if I never played it again I got my moneys worth out of it. It's kind of a space cowboy trucker sort of thing, and the soundtrack is pretty solid (reminds me often of Borderlands).

Probably be playing it today until it's time to head out for Thanksgiving dinner.

Happy Thanksgiving goons.

I loving love that game. The rockabilly soundtrack is so perfect for the gameplay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

:siren: HEY YOU JERKS THAT ONLY GO TO THE BOOKMARKS PAGE: THERES A NEW SHEEP GAME GO SIGN UP :siren:

• Locked thread