Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Adiabatic posted:

Dunno what percentage of "shitspeak" and what percentage of "rude as gently caress" led to these unfortunate souls getting probated, but I suggest the kind folk of Automotive Insanity not follow this general posting style even in chat threads because holy gently caress is it garbage.

I assume alcohol was involved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

scuz posted:

Welp, got my ankle bill. After insurance, I still owe $4 grand, which is like a month-and-a-half's worth of salary. Spent my meager savings on new tires so I don't die this winter. Time to call em and say "hey so yeah please help me pay you."

US heathcare is so weird in how different the costs are.
I got hit by a car, had dr visits, x-rays, and 3 months physical therapy and Kaiser charged the driver's insurance $2 grand. Meanwhile you ankle costs $4k in just out of pocket. This country's healthcare is so broken.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Rhyno posted:

Someone tried to gently caress with my life last year based on a rant I went on in here. So it does happen.

If you post shirtless pics, I'm gonna gently caress with your life goddammit.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Australia votes yes for same sex marriage.

Well I am surprised and gladdened. We're not entirely stupid

Wasn't it just advisory?

nm
Jan 28, 2008

sigtrap posted:

Why the hell did I move to Seattle? Cool city and all, but I'll need a second job to afford a parking place.

There are no more broken trucks in Nebraska, so I think you're sol.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Before clicking, I just assumed that he had road raged on the wrong person.

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

My last apartment was $599/mo when I moved in.. was up to $650/mo when I moved out a few years later.

It now rents for $1300. :stare:

I've been priced out of the Dallas side of the metro area unless I get pretty far out. I know one person commuting to work halfway from loving Oklahoma now, and a lot of friends have moved out to areas like Greenville TX (and still commute into DFW for work :cripes:)

Move to Texas, its so cheap they said. . . .

nm
Jan 28, 2008

InitialDave posted:

So of all PCOS Bill's, well, PCOS Bill-ness, the thing he was eventually banned for was saying he doesn't find oversized breasts attractive?

The bits of SA that aren't AI are just strange.

Admittedly the ban reason aknowledges how strange it is.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Seat Safety Switch posted:

We just got Carls Jr and so far I don't see the appeal at all. Would rather have Jack In The Box.

The six dollar burger is actually a passable burger when a higher level chain (in-n-out, 5 guys, culvers, etc). Way better than jack in the box, mcdonalds, etc. Better than wendy's imho.
The regular burgers are just ok.
Also, crisscut fries.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Dannywilson posted:

Like 70% of their franchises are loving TERRIBLE. Then there are 20% which are mediocre/eatable. That last 10% though, those ones who have only been a franchise for like <10 years, or they have a franchise owner who is crazy about what he does, those ones, you get a Western Bacon $6 and eat yourself grumpy.
My experience with California Carl's Jr has been pretty solid.

Fermented Tinal posted:

Fresh cheese curds? They must squeak!

As a Canadian it is my duty to police your curds.
1. They're fried.
2. Culvers is from Wisconsin. I can say many many bad things about wisconsin, but one should never doubt their cheese curding prowess.

Culvers makes pretty solid burgers, plus they have frozen custard. Win loving win.
Their friend cheese curds are fine, though state fair cheese curds are better.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Rhyno posted:

I'm not gonna wait til a goddamned state fair if I want some goddamned deep fried cheese goddamned curds.

Agreed, that is why culvers -- or if you're not in the midwest, ugh, A&W -- is a suitable stand in then.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

cakesmith handyman posted:

Nice.

Anyone familiar with 7th gen civic hybrids? My wife is killing her diesel with short journeys and I see a bunch of these around for under £2k.

You know all those fake rumors of having to replace prius batteries really early? Honda hybrids are actually like that from what I gather.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

IOwnCalculus posted:

Yeah, Honda flubbed that generation of hybrid Civic pretty poorly. Though at that price I'm not sure how much it matters.

He's in england IIRC, so the lights that come on will likely fail MOT even if the car still goes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Ephphatha posted:

Vehicles with electrical systems can gently caress right off. Had to jump my car yesterday cause the battery went flat overnight, then I took the bike to get fuel and it's also flat to the point I can't even push start it. I'm now sitting in the shade trying to escape the 30 degree heat while waiting for a lift so I can get my trailer and hope the car held a charge. At least the bicycles always work.

I see you haven't met me.

• Locked thread