Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Fuk u aus t:mad:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Okay people, I have a question: What's your favorite "guilty pleasure" beer/drink/sin? My GF's is Grolsch. She used to drink it a bunch as a younger person, and still enjoys one maybe every six months. Mine is Coors Banquet. It's garbage, but I enjoyed it for a few years off and on, and I really enjoyed it playing My Summer Car. I have this rule where, if I go to a proper liquor/wine store, I buy something different every time. I mean, I may buy the same thing, but it has to also include something I've never had before. The only two beers I get with any regularity (like, maybe 4 times a year, tops) are Coors Banquet and Heineken. Everything else I try is brand spankin' new.

What's your guilty/embarrassed liquor or other (if you don't drink)?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Angry Orchard is good but also bad. I'll accept it.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

British Standard Cycle

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Man I've got to agree with CommieGIR on this one.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Enjoy your botnet?

I'm super paranoid about that stuff. The recent WPA2 crack broke me.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

cakesmith handyman posted:

300bar N2 pressure sensor on a press tool, the PLC only sees it a a digital input, I think there are 2 or 3 different types of firewall before you could conceivably see even that from the outside.

The benefit is not having to setup outputs, hysteresis points, display colours etc via the 2 tiny buttons on the top.

Welp, that'll teach me to google what stuff is before spouting off. By the name I thought it was something having to do with IoT :v:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
https://www.fabrisphoto.com/SERIES/Renaissance/thumbs

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
They just announced WoW vanilla rerelease.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

The Locator posted:

Uh... wasn't that in 2004?

They're putting up WoW vanilla servers again, pre-all the expansions.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Apparently there are a ton (as in, a few million) people who were playing the pirate/offbrand vanilla servers worldwide when Blizzard lawyerd them into nonexistence earlier this year.

From the trailer they posted at Blizzcon, it's pre-BC. It showed all of the expansion's cinematics moving backwards one-by-one, and then re-playing the original WoW's cinematic with the dwarf hunter to completion. They're calling it, "World of Warcraft: Classic."

I remember playing a poo poo-ton of WoW but still somehow never reaching level 60 because I kept rerolling characters. I went to the midnight launch of Burning Crusade, came home and installed it, and literally never opened the game again.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Nah it's still humongous. I have to go 90% zoom to make it look not-huge.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
You're not allowed to install electrical outlets yourself in most of Aus iirc

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

slidebite posted:

Just walking through Walmart and see an Xbone X on the shelf. WTF is that?

Like a PS4 pro. Faster XBone. They tried to make the shortened name "XBoX" versus "xbone" but failed.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Garage2Roadtrip posted:

Everyone needs that weird van period in their lives. The flatter the nose the better.

:yeah:. And I found the flattest nose I could.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I'm 30, and have only been in two relationships. One for around 8-9 years (small break in the middle, Army), and one since just about last year, in three days. I mean, I knew the person for a few years before that.

I'm not certain, but I think I just got dumped today. It's weird. When this lease is over in February, she is going to move back in with her ex-husband to raise her kids. Separate rooms (like they have been for years, it was a loveless marriage I'm told). It will save 2+ hours of commuting a day that was being done for the kids' school, and logistically make a lot of sense.

However, :smithicide:

On the plus side, I got an 85% on my Biology 156 final today (online course, I did the accelerated 8 weeks versus 16) meaning I get an 88% in the class :unsmith:.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Oh, she offered to let me move in to the house with her ex-husband, and we would share the room together. We still really enjoy each other's company, and the sex (I guess "was") amazing and kinky and fun. However, she offered that as halfheartedly as she is capable of doing, which is still with quite a bit more enthusiasm than I can ever muster, and I declined. I've been a third wheel my entire life, and we both agree that it would be way too weird. Very considerate to do, though.

We texted a few times before she had to go to sleep (works nights) while I was out and about after the conversation, and basically said as much as you did, TL. A very good experience and good way to heal for both of us, and it worked out financially for at least the year.

Until February, unless it's for potential (but not expected) FWB stuff that may fall into place, I'm in my once-office-now-bedroom. I have this Ikea pullout bed with some okay mattresses on it, and it's nearly a queen size when fully open (75x78). I'm still going to interact with the kids, and if any and all relationship stuff falls away I believe we'll still be good friends. Today is still all up in the air, but we both made it clear that the moment one of us is cutting something off, to tell the other person (and that goes both ways). So, if anything sparks between her and her ex, or myself and another person, or adult things are off the table, we'll tell the other person immediately. Which is why, today, she told me that she doesn't think this will work out forever and that it's an indefinite break romantically, but possibly not sexually. Still a few day to few week stop for both of us to figure out if we want the physical part, which we both agreed on. I'm entirely emotionally devastated, and I think she is, too. We also agreed that, if the friendship stuff feels too weird, that it'll be a clean break. We were friends for a few years beforehand, so :shrug: we'll see.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Nope okay this isn't okay. Like a 4-5 hour lag but I'm actually sad now not just internet sad. At least I work tomorrow in a very stressful job which will hopefully distract me, unironically.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

The Midniter posted:

Sorry to hear about your love lost, MGS. But think about it this way...aren't you the one who had to leave in a fly-by-night scenario to get out of the situation you had with your hoarder ex? That sounded a lot more painful and difficult than this breakup. At least with your "current" ex, it's a cleaner and less-complicated break, with both of you parting on good terms. As far as breakups go, this is a pretty ideal situation. Time heals all wounds. You'll pull through. Just throw yourself into something full-tilt for a while, as long as it's not a bottle.

Too late. I haven't blacked out since I was 21, 9 years ago.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Sold the lathe. Bought a Switch. Was able to keep the milling adapter/attachment, which sells for around $300 by itself on ebay (listed for $200 for hopefully a quick sale, m6-501) and the workbench.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Larrymer posted:

Get Golf Story and the big nintendo releases. And Stardew Valley. Most of the other things on the eshop I've bought haven't been worth it.

Will do on GS. Already have put like 50 hours into SV on the PC though

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I just started curating a massive Plex server. Paid for a lifetime pass and VPN for acquisition and everything. Refuse to pay another streaming service.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Also it's 3AM and I've been playing BotW non-stop send help

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Siochain posted:

Do you need arrows? Or rupees? I can help with either :P

But, legit, amazing loving game. Sunk 100+ into it. Going to pick it up again once life quits being so goddamn stupid.

Hah, I'm playing because life is stupid.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Somewhat Heroic posted:

:laffo: it never stops btw. I’ve found like 92? Shrines, I’ve done 55 side quests. I have defeated Ganon. I just have a few more memories to recover.

I exclusively play the game handheld on my Switch because I need the battery to die for me to stop. That was happening at like 1:30 or 2:00. On weeknights. When I have work in the morning and a family to feed.

But I have the bitchinest armor sets and now I hunt Lynels for fun.

I really hate how "slow" the progression is going to be able to be not-turbofucked when a Lizalfos or Guardian shows up, but when I do get a new heart container or whatever it's super rewarding. Right now I'm grinding shrines because I need 13 hearts to get the Master Sword. I hate having to swap weapons and poo poo all the time but it's bearable.

The only downside to playing so much BotW is that I also bought Super Mario Odyssey, and after playing it for maybe an hour I want to keep switching back and forth.

I also printed some Switch accessories. A grip:

And a stand.

For the stand, instead of wasting 2x+ the plastic on printing it "heavily," (ie: 60%+ infill), I printed it at 10% and screwed a fuckoff piece of 3/8 flat bar stock to the back. Nice and steady :v:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I still use an S5 but I always get the doubleshot-style cases that have a rubber core and a hard plastic clip that goes outside them, with the big corner bumpers, and my phones always survive. And I inadvertently toss them literally everywhere

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Liquid Communism posted:

Are you aware of Gogol Bordello? Caught them live a couple weeks ago, it was great. They're on that weird edge between punk, folk, and ska of all things.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SkkIwO_X4i4

Okay, so these chat threads have expanded my musical tastes two years in a row. Last year around this time, it was The Moulettes. Now, it's...Gogol Bordello? loving amazing.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I can't stop playing BotW after buying it last week. Printed some Hylia statues.

Printed pretty hollow, then filled with sand and hot-glued over the hole in the bottom, to give them weight.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

kimbo305 posted:

What printer is that? Could you have custom sliced the thickness of that landing that seems to have blown through in the left statue?

It's my Rostock Max V2.5 (started as a V1, upgraded through the years with the V3 parts). I could have, yes, with S3D, but :effort:. Those are post-painted with some high-fill primer.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
This motherFUCKER

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Ajit at the FCC

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Ajit Pai is not an individual. He's a collection of cockroaches stuffed into an even bigger rear end in a top hat's skin. Why let a previous telcom CEO lead the FCC?!

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Adiabatic posted:

I dunno but Im addicted to KSP right now

Over 600 hours in that goddamn game.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Sliced. Who does it the other way?

Also the moment a bun splits apart, a hot dog transforms into a sandwich.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
The only reason I go to sleep is because the Switch battery dies when playing BotW in bed.

The only reason I don't play BotW all day when docked is because sometimes the joycon batteries die.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I hate pecan pie because I hate pecans, and the ex (what do I call her?) brought home a store bought pecan pie and like three cans of whipped cream from her in-laws and said "eat this." Even though I hate it, I tried. The top was lovely burnt pecans and the inside was 100% caramel garbage.

That's not what it's supposed to be, right?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

IOwnCalculus posted:

I have no need to load a VW bus with shovels and axes and implements of destruction and garbage.

Listen I told you 1: that I already sold the bus (don't blow my alibi) and 2: that I don't want to kill her (DON'T BLOW MY ALIBI).

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

BraveUlysses posted:

finally after like 18 months+ aCar on android has finally integrated into fuelly

WHAT THE gently caress

This is my only limitation to acar. I use fuelly religiously.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Huh, all I see is *************

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I'm starting to get sucked in to BotW. I mean, if the 40 hours in the last two weeks hasn't shown that enough.

E: whoa imgur what the gently caress did you do to the aspect ratio

Queen_Combat fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Nov 26, 2017

• Locked thread