Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Safety Dance posted:

Being in Korea as a business traveler is stressful in unexpected ways. I did my best to learn a little Korean before I left: I can identify most consonants and a few vowels and sound most short words out, but, like, finding a place to eat has proven remarkably challenging since I lack a fundamental ability to parse information in Hangul. Still, it's nice here, and most people are really enthusiastic about helping (especially pantomiming about the right way to eat food).

IMO more people should try poo poo like this. You haven't lived until you spend time in a place where you speak fuckall with the natives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

fridge corn posted:

whos the rover fella itt? Defender, 4.0l, no spark? Are there any most common failures?

crank sensor. verify coils/pcm/etc have power.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

fridge corn posted:

Coils don't have power and the rev counter is all over the place sometimes.

revcounter gets its lovin from the alternator.
P38s/DIIs onward used the actual CPS through a data bus.
There should be a few different fuses pertaining to engine management.
Coils should be powered with key turned to ignition.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

fridge corn posted:

does the immobiliser cut fuel or ignition or both? We've got.plenty of fuel in the rail.

if it cranks it's not the immobilizer.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
Sup cranky bastids.

Check out my sinkhole of time/money:

six axis arm that I 3d printed.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Dannywilson posted:

Man CSB is that a laptop with space for IO boards/microcontrollers? and is that breadboard a bunch of stepper controllers for each axis? If so that's the bee's knees.

Yup.
https://pi-top.com/
(look for a used one on ebay, cheap as gently caress that way)

breadboard + drv8825s
there's a chunk in the back dedicated to optical sensors.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

fridge corn posted:

Have you seen the new Vantage? It looks like poo poo lol

that mill would be tits in a RRC and you know it.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Thanksgiving in the woods.

Sous Vide turkey loving owns.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

He must live near DC

iirc he's in Michigan which is even more :wtc:

lol your car drinks more than my 7 thousand pound truck which I find *very* hard to believe.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

23% so far, and they can't up your bill based on your driving habits so we shall see. My only annoyance with it is that if it senses a change in speed +/- 8mph in 3 seconds or less, it dings you and reduces your discount by 5%. Sometimes merging onto the highway requires you go from 20mph to 55mph real quick depending on how long the onramp is. Braking hard i dont really have an excuse for :shrug:

Cool now I understand why everybody with 600hp shitboxes is slower than my anemic as gently caress 80s diesel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
truck routinely gets 13-16mpg, bike gets 30-42mpg. Truck typically gets a fill once per month or two(39 gal). . bike never misses a gas station(5.8gal). Commute is 30mi round trip on class days.

• Locked thread