Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

man i was just going 2 do this eff u

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

I apologize for FAT 32 SHAMER. YOSPOS purposely trained him wrong, as a joke.

For content, how is the new Ford Bronco looking? I haven't been able to keep up with any news since I've been so busy, but I was legit excited to hear about it since I loved the style of the original.

they trained me here first :colbert:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

American football is slowly dying off thanks to more and more parents pulling their kids out of it because of all the hotbrains issues

Soon the only people left playing football are the poor kids who see it as their only shot to make it

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

the NFL is an evil and corrupt corporation that is ruining public education but hey i love football! go have fun in europe watching their dumb gay sports! my country is falling apart :smug:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

new "no sportsball chat" rule incoming :rip:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Everything can be turned into a political argument I suppose :shrug:

I like football so I'm a jerk, oh well.

unfortunately everything that is fun and enjoyable also happens to be extremely profitable and our capitalist overlords want to make sure to extract every last dollar from the population before someone else does it first

while football isnt political, there are a lot of politics involved in the way that they draft players right out of universities instead of leagues that theyve established like the MLB and NHL do. There are also a lot of politics involved when building their stadiums and giving them tax breaks because having the team will supposedly bring a lot of business to the surrounding area

and in almost all cases everyone except the team owner is the loser on all of these deals

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Adiabatic posted:

The only reason political chat in particular is done is because it always devolves immediately into a bunch of assholes arguing with eachother.

Devolving into assholes arguing with eachother on any subject is bad and you should feel bad about doing it.

Everyone should do what i do and ignore the news and stay in bed for as long as possible every morning because the future is terrifying and life is mediocre

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Lol you don't think I know this? I'm not worried about any of that, I'm 46 years old and have been watching football since I was a child, I just like to watch football ok. I really don't give a poo poo about any of that.
Unfortunately it means that you're leaving the future in a worse state than when you arrived

fridge corn posted:

shut up morrissey

I was looking for a job, and then I found a job / And heaven knows, I'm miserable now / In my life, why do I give valuable time to people who don't care if I live or die?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Safety Dance posted:

Go for the jugular bolind.

I installed a server on a cargo ship back on Tuesday, and I've been sitting here in Donghae, Korea waiting for a contractor from the sensor company to come, hook up some sensors, and turn on their PLC. My plan was, he'd show up, turn on his thing, we'd verify that the two devices could talk, and I'd be on my way to Seoul this morning. I think he knew I was waiting, so he chose to tackle the main engine power meter first and let me twist in the wind a few days. Dude got his device powered on at something like 4:45 PM today -- just late enough that I wouldn't be able to make the last train out. I still have enough flex built into my plan that I can make it to the airport in time tomorrow, but for the love of god, dude. I've been grinding my teeth for three days waiting for some sign of life from their device.

eat some bibimbap for me plz

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

They just announced WoW vanilla rerelease.

this blizzcon has been insane for good lookin content coming out

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I’m 6’ and 190lbs and I’m pretty chubby

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

for some reason my dash no longer makes sounds, which is odd

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

kimbo305 posted:

I've been trying half-heartedly to ID these two cars from some reddit post:

Gave up after left wasn't an HHR.

the left is a Hyundai elantra isnt it?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Left is a modern Mini of some description.

ugh i think you're right

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

So much for Whole Foods. I thought I had left on good terms when I left in 2010; they just called and said I had been marked not for rehire (I still have the email from my old boss saying I'm eligible).

They also said I "called and cussed out a bunch of people at the store" on the phone this weekend? :wtc:

Guess it's time to cut down on posting personal info on SA. :smith:

wow what the gently caress

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

angryrobots posted:

drat that's hosed up about the phone call. I was about to say, "probably someone you know on fb who told your roommate or other person", but I forgot you guys have the AI fb page so it potentially could be an AI poster.

That's stupid, I hate people.

social media was a mistake

FAT32 SHAMER fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Nov 7, 2017

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Coredump posted:

I really hope not, what the heck has STR even done to anyone? As far as I know he’s been chill. drat STR I hope things work out.

The forum is monitored by a group called kiwifarms who like to doxx goons, especially gay and transgender goons

Don’t post identifying information on the internet

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

DesperateDan posted:

Just before 6am and my daughter wakes me to say the cat is acting weird. Sure enough, he is in a lot of pain and can't pee and quite dopey. Cue digging out his documents and calling the vet while pulling on clothes and grabbing the cat box out. Then I had to refit my potentially dead battery in lightning time and prayed to any listening deity for it to work. Caught first time. Broke a bit of plastic putting it in. Entirely no fucks given.

Got stuck in traffic on my way there and i just loving lost all remaining control and bawled my eyes out while driving and telling him he would be okay. He talked back. He's my buddy. Think I might have a speeding ticket on the way, if I haven't the camera was off or faulty.

Emergency vet took him in and gave him some pain relief after a quick exam, they are going to try squeezing the piss out of him, and if that fails then x-ray/bloods/catheter. Been a few hours and no news is good news, waiting till tonight for a full update. House feels so loving empty without him around.

after losing rascal it was shocking to me just how much company a pet provides. my wife sleeps during the day to work midnight shifts and she misses having her protector and buddy, and I miss having a video game pal who liked to talk to me and my discord buds in the middle of overwatch matches

i hope your buddy pulls through

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

oh my god so we had ordered new siding for the house, the colour looked (to me, a colourblind person) like a greyish blue more than a navy blue, but the sample swatch was small and the missus loved it so we ordered it. it was delivered this morning for install on monday and it is exactly the colour blue i thought it would be and the missus is NOT happy because "it's an ugly 90s blue colour blah blah blah"

fine, i call the siding guy and tell him the siding is not the colour my wife anticipated it being, can we return it i dont care about the time delay for obvious reasons. the guy stammers that it should match the swatch but he'll call the manufacturer and see about returns on their custom colored siding and call me back, though he thinks there may be a restocking fee. i'm like cool whatever as long as my house doesnt look like it's from the 90s i dont care.

communicate this to the missus, she has a fit because we shouldnt have to pay a restocking fee for someone else's mistake. i point out that it is exactly the colour i thought it was going to be and then i think i was murdered over the phone, still not sure

why is life so annoying

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Beverly Cleavage posted:

Eh, I've been in enough relationships where the other half was very uncomfortable on the phone. Being the dude in the middle just happens sometimes.

Yeah she has really bad anxiety so I just handle everything, but after working with customers for the last 10 years I don’t want to be that guy to a nice guy.

Cage posted:

What color blue was invented in the 90s and remains unused since?

The dark blue on the left there turned out to be

im starting to think maybe she is right though, just based on those two pictures

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

oh god dammit i think she's right

there is egg on my face

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

You haven't paid them anything yet have you?

nah, just a downpayment. The siding guy just called his supplier and they're willing to swap it out with no restocking fee as long as we dont get another custom colour, so that's good at least.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Goober Peas posted:

And what is on her face :smuggo:

(sorry TT I couldn't resist the setup)

I think that is a nice color blue, but it depends on whether you're using it as a primary color or secondary color (aka the house is mostly brick with some parts siding)

Yeah the house is half orange/red brick and half siding so idk, happy wife happy life happy wife happy life

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Seminal Flu posted:

This was my thought. TT, does she KNOW that you're colorblind? If so, how could she let you pick the color?

Nah she picked the colour, I thought it was a different colour than it was, and when it arrived it was more like how I expected it to be cuz I’m a gosh dang dummy

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

slidebite posted:

Looks way closer to that nantucket pewter to me as well, as in, drat near exactly it on my monitor at least. Try not to go dark on vinyl siding if you can, as it heats and contracts, you can be at high risk to develop ripples in it even if installed properly. I had a fairly dark grey on our last house and within 5 years you could see it.

Wow that's really good to know, we may have accidentally dodged a bullet that way.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Rhyno posted:

Unless the neighbor is your best friend keep you nose out of it.

when rhyno is saying this u should deffo listen

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Rhyno posted:

I mean, my best friend's wife did cheat on him and I knew it was going on before anyone else did. I regret not telling him but by staying out of it I saved our friendship.

im just teasing u no worries :)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

i havent seen most of the FATF movies because ~*reasons*~ and i dont care who knows it!!!!

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

It's been a year today since my mom died. Kind of strange to believe it's already been a year

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Siochain posted:

Sorry man :( Hope you're doing alright. You've had a rough loving year.

Seat Safety Switch posted:

The anniversaries are the worst :(

Good luck, man.

thanks guys

i'm doing mostly alright, though i did cancel on my friend and i going to the barcade tonight, i dont have it in me to be social

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Eluveitie are v good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iijKLHCQw5o

I think most of their lyrics are in irish?

edit: turns out that's gaulish

FAT32 SHAMER fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Nov 17, 2017

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

This is probably a more obvious recommendation but Korpiklaani is v good folk music (trigger warning: finnish) ((tervaskanto is their best album, their newer stuff is too watered down mainstream for me))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bb5GvqQflLY

i used to be real into pagan folk metal ama

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

i spent the morning building a mantle out of 100 y/o barn wood my dad had

p happy with it

I’m not going to try to fight imgur again so here you guys are

FAT32 SHAMER fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Nov 18, 2017

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Update: hung it up with some tapcons and were in business

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

i havent used cash in probably five years. any place that's like "uh cash only buster" i go and put my poo poo back and go somewhere else

yeah lemme just carry a wad of something that can be stolen from me and not be able to be gotten back

edit: in retrospect maybe i have lived in detroit for too long

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Beverly Cleavage posted:

It's used for all house primary traffic. I work from home so it can be useful on some stuff there, the in-laws only call the house, school stuff for kids, and when my wife was on-call for the hospital, it would always call the house. It has it's uses. But not $25/mo. uses.

TT - Way to support your local businesses. :p Imagine the lost revenue when they have to pay the $$$$ fees to all the credit cards users.

I would imagine that the lost revenue due to fees is less than the lost revenue due to not having as many customers

Seminal Flu posted:

Yeah, it's weird teaching kids about cash when they never see me with any "hand money."

Cash is for poors.

In other news: I've been fighting with WOW cable for a week. For the past year-plus I've been getting speed readings of 65/66mb. Repeatedly. Month over month. November 10 they had internet service down for maintenance and, ever since then, I haven't seen over 62, with most readings in the mid-50s and down to 49mb.

Now I'm paying for a 60mb package, and just three months ago I re-upped with a long-term contract. Then they cut my speed by 15-20% and say "oh well, you're still getting your rated speed within our parameters." That's not okay. When I re-upped, I assumed that the service would continue as it had been provided.

They've since put me in the outsourced-only phone support box and the "executive support" person that's ignoring the issue doesn't know that I have the number for the executive assistant for the CEO. He'll know that soon. :D
so far i've loved wow. 100mb down/10up with the medium cable package for $99/month for three years. hopefully in three years I'll be able to finally convince the missus to get rid of cable so i can get the 500mbps down/50mbps up package that's $80/month or $120/month with the small cable package

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Larrymer posted:

WOW and ATT are the only options where I live. We've had ATT for a couple years and they just bumped up the cost, since the "promotional rate" we've had forever ended. :jerkbag: I want to give WOW a chance but their reviews are terrible up here so I'm hesitant.

They’re v good and I can send you my guy’s number, he can hook you up

Honestly the main reason I went with them is no data cap, Comcast and ATT are super against net neutrality and also limit you to 1TB per month which is stupid as gently caress

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Today some guy cut me off in his shiny new Alpina and it was incredibly hard not to put a dent in his wicked expensive car that still had the import license plate

It was only hard because he zoomed into the gap in front of me from an onramp then slammed on the brakes

oval office

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

I pay $54.99 for that same plan, and typically test at 110 down/12 up.

I'm not on any promo either... it was 44.99 for the first year. I've tried the "so Frontier is offering me a much lower price, can you come down any?", and get "switch to Frontier then". :stare:

For once, TWC/Spectrum actually sounds decent, but the last time I called in, they told me not to make ANY changes to my account, otherwise I'd get bumped to the "current" 100mbit offering.. which cuts the upstream in half to 5mbit, and costs $5/mo more (for 1 year, then goes up by some amount).

comcast wanted me to pay $179/month for 100/10 and 400 channels i would never watch, plus half of those channels being blocked from using the apple tv apps for them. Comcast did have a massive and great selection of on demand movies on top of HBO's stellar lineup, and being able to watch the newest rick and morty the day after it aired from their web portal was great.

Limiting me to 1TB/month +$15.99 per TB AND twc/att/xfinity pushing for the end of Net Neutrality? gently caress no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

it has already begun

• Locked thread