Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Went into aldi today looking for plum sauce.
Walked out with a ladder.
Eh close enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Darchangel posted:

Sometimes that's just the way it has to be. The universe wills it.
How did the ladder taste?

It's a bit hard to get my teeth into

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

fridge corn posted:

also finntroll ftw

Hell yeah pretty funny live too.

Lots of good bands have already been mentioned but I'll add Russkaja to the mix too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVWfqOSdzs4

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Everytime someone over here mentions 5 Guys, the following words appear either preceding the name or following it: "it's so expensive"

...yet they'll happily roll into a pub and spunk £15 on a worse burger with shittier chips and no chance of a decent milkshake.

Orrrr you can go to Spoons/Flame and Grill/Hungry Horse and get a nice cheap burger and a pint.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

If anyone is after a steam link it's currently 90% off (down to £3.99)
I use one quite regularly and they are nicely made

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

I like the idea that when I get married my fiancée will take my name but it's just personal preference and a happy coincidence she thinks the same.
If she didn't want to take my name then I'd be a little bummed but it's hypocritical to want someone else to change without being prepared to do so yourself

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Seriously kicking myself for falling for a phishing scam pretending that my whatsapp needed renewing.
Fortunately my online banking has a requirement that if you try and transfer money to a new person they put a pincode on the screen and then phone your mobile and ask for the pin as verification.
I first knew something was up when my phone number had been deactivated (apparently I'd phoned up early in the morning to report my phone was lost)
Then when it twigged the connection between my phone and my bank I tried logging in to my bank to find that the site couldn't verify my account with my log in details.
Phoned the bank who asked if I'd already tried calling earlier in the day and when I said nope they completely locked down my account and said I'd have to go into a branch with ID to unlock it again.

Such a major pain in the arse and I've nobody to blame but myself for falling for an obvious scam - I even remarked at the time how it was odd that I had to use my debit card and not credit card to pay the 99p
At least nothing was actually taken from my accounts

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Powershift posted:

Your Forums password might be compromised, too. Post it in here and we'll check if it's okay.

Oh poo poo good idea

It's PTCruiserfan88 is it alright?

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

The Locator posted:

Since when does WhatsApp cost money? That would have been what twigged me to it!

Glad you didn't get hurt beyond the inconvenience of it all though, at least as far as you know so far. Good luck getting everything working again.

It did when I first started using it but I rationalised it as a glitch hadn't made me pay in years so it was time to cough up.
I'm treating it as a reminder to not be dumb and brush off feelings of suspicion

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Massive packet loss

That's a pretty serious problem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

I thought I was being an adult by not spending 50p on a second hand copy of a haynes manual for 80's ford fiestas from a charity bin earlier but now I'm wracked with deep regret..
I'll never own the car and I don't really have the shelf space but gahh.

• Locked thread