Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Garage2Roadtrip posted:

Depending on who you ask (libertarians, others) this is just an enormous construct to generate jobs (the IRS). I think a large part of the reason is the compounding variability of US tax law. I personally would love a flat tax, regardless of source or income level, everyone pay 17% or whatever. But with tax exemptions, rebate programs, variables like dependents/businesses/etc... you have to declare all your specifics before your final April 17th number is hammered out.

Flat rate tax is regressive and the low/middle class would pay more of the tax burden.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

scuz posted:

Being wrong is not an unpopular opinion, it's just wrong.

Yeah but take the time to explain why and try not to attack. You may not be able to change the mind of the person you're talking to but the person who is reading may not be so decided and can learn a lot from hearing both sides of the argument laid out.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

InitialDave posted:

My response to the "I don't want to get all big and muscley" was "if that happens by accident, I want whatever poo poo you're taking".

Yeah I have to stress to ladies that guys will take protein powder, supplements, etc. and still don't get swole, so its not going to happen to ladies on accident.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Rhyno posted:

Holy poo poo STR, I just super pissed off over what happened to you. I'm like ready to flip a table.

It was absolutely someone from here, either a lurker or someone just being a cunting oval office.

I really hope not, what the heck has STR even done to anyone? As far as I know he’s been chill. drat STR I hope things work out.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

If I was coach guy I would wanna know.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Someone explain the joke.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

I'm most familiar with PCOS from the post your recent purchases thread. And I have to say, to see people get taken in almost every time by his incredibly low effort trolling was good entertainment. However I'm very aware this doesn't make up for his shittiness he displayed everywhere else.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Trying to figure out if its trolling or not with PCOS is already spending too much time and mental energy on him.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Music chat:

I was recently played this by a friend and it's been a while since I've been dumbstruck laughing by a band. It pretty much defies description. I'm not entirely sure I like it but it sure is interesting.

https://youtu.be/UBakgOHKI-g?t=5m50s

Batshit.

I've listen to some weird poo poo and this is some weird poo poo.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

eyebeem posted:

Only jerks don't like an Abarth. It's a fact.

One kid did yell to his dad "look daddy it's so tiny" as we drove out.

Did you have the Ritchey on the back?

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

When will someone make a weld in roof kit for Miatas I wonder. I think an FD RX7 fastback sectioned down to fit would be a good starting point.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

I ate so loving much. I'm like 11 months due with this belly.

Also, I know we're not allowed to talk politics but... sweet potato pie or pumpkin pie?

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

We should just take our mom’s last name. That’s who gave birth to us. Problem solved.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

I've been watching people on youtube rip apart Nissan Leaf battery packs and do neat things with them and now its got me :thunk:

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Has Stacey David ever driven the V8 Interceptor?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

I feel like the developers of the current Doom didn’t know which way to take the game after Doom 3. Then they played Brutal Doom and said “yep let’s put a spit polish on that.” Still a great game but I can’t help but notice the influence.

• Locked thread