Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Welp, got my ankle bill. After insurance, I still owe $4 grand, which is like a month-and-a-half's worth of salary. Spent my meager savings on new tires so I don't die this winter. Time to call em and say "hey so yeah please help me pay you."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Still gonna do roller derby? If so you're a brave man.
...or a stupid one! The answer to that is "yep" but I got fat, out of shape, and as a result have become a bit depressed. Finally bit the bullet and bought some body-weight suspension straps and bolted em to my basement wall so I could get back into athletic-ish shape. Realized I hadn't broken a sweat in 3 months...

I've been doing bench coaching for the league in the meantime and also got our league 501(c)3 non-profit status as well as got our home venue relocated. Board of Directors ain't gonna direct itself, ya know.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe
Black Label beer is like drinking a hug, reminds me of times when I had no responsibilities whatsoever and everything was great.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe
Before that Reagan motherfucker the top marginal tax rate was 70% and people had things like pensions and cheap college and better education and and and

:smithicide:

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe

Garage2Roadtrip posted:

I'll take a step back because I'm #unpopular-opinion.

Can we all agree, however, that before we increase taxes on the upper middle class and higher that there should be some social welfare reform? At least in the policing and administration of the programs so that people who actually need help, get it, and people who are leeching off the system, aren't?
Being wrong is not an unpopular opinion, it's just wrong.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe
Always Pirate TurboTax.

edit:

Coredump posted:

Yeah but take the time to explain why and try not to attack. You may not be able to change the mind of the person you're talking to but the person who is reading may not be so decided and can learn a lot from hearing both sides of the argument laid out.
I understand your approach but it is so exhausting to present facts to people who do not like facts but instead like catchy soundbites and misleading headlines.

edit again: i am very grumpy today :mad:

scuz fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Nov 1, 2017

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe

CommieGIR posted:

College football is a leech on Collegiate funding and College programs for the benefit of the NFL.
A Good and Right Post.

College sports can gently caress right off.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe
This narrator needs to blow his nose but it makes how he says "nozzle" pretty funny.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe
:siren: Milwaukee sale at Home Depot :siren:

Buncha M18 combos on sale, go check it out, that's my story, byeeeee <3

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe

Geoj posted:

There's also this: https://www.rifftrax.com/fast-and-furious

Rifftrax is the original cast of MST3K riffing films as themselves and without the MST3K outtakes or theater silhouettes.
< :colbert: >

Joel. Joel is the original cast. Joel is not in Rifftrax. Rifftrax is funny and stuff but Joel is the original cast.

</ :colbert: >

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe

Geoj posted:

Split hairs much? :rolleyes:

In context, original cast as opposed to the cast of the current Netflix reboot of MST3K. Maybe I should have said "cast of the original series"?
I'm not proud of my post, and I don't claim to be anything but a pedantic weird-o. Carry on.

• Locked thread