Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

Seminal Flu posted:

I like the way November is looking.

But it's not November yet...?

Unrelated... New Spintires..?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/675010/Spintires_MudRunner/

edit: ...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

piss water beer (rolling rock and budlight were my go-to back then) and chocolate chip cookies.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

Just do what I did guys, no workout necessary!

I got a stomach bug on a work trip and lost over 5 lbs. Then a month later had bronchitis and lost another 10+ over the period of a month due to not getting it diagnosed and treated in a timely manner. Ever since then I have only just tried to watch what I eat and recognize that I'm either eating too much junk or overfilling my plates just because whatever it is tastes so good.

I've managed to stick under 170lbs (5'9") just through that alone. Once I get a little more time, I plan to start the gym, but being sick was the best weight loss program I ever started with! :v:

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

Eh, I've been in enough relationships where the other half was very uncomfortable on the phone. Being the dude in the middle just happens sometimes.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

We had a two door growing up. Loved it.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

Tech/finance speak for a few minutes. There's the home networking thread.. but I'm not going to scan the entire thread for my specific use case and I have enough of an idea to keep things dangerous/interesting, plus you guys are way awesome-er.

Short version. Old xfinity plan for pretty quick internet+their voip. Due to when we signed on the plan, there wasn't much in the way of decent modems that would do their VOIP on the compatible list, so it's a $10/mo rental fee. Looking now, everything is all bundled wifi/voip/modem, and minimum $240.

So I started looking into other services and porting our number. Currently the comcast voip service is $25/mo+rental, totals out to $35.

Any reason not to shell out $100 for a SB6190 (or whatever one that will support wicked faster internets), $50 for whatever voip brick in the SHSC thread, and nix the xfinity VIOP service in lieu of Voip.ms? Any other providers worth looking at? I need to check with xfinity to make sure tossing the line doesn't screw the billing for internet... but saving roughly $30/mo to keep the same number on a line we barely touch seems like a no brainer. It WOULD pay off the hardware purchase in 6 months or less.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

It's supported... no reason not to future proof...

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

opengl128 posted:

Why do you even have the land line? Sounds like you don't need it.

I bought a super cheap used SB whatever (its DOCSIS 3) for like $35 on Amazon. My internet only plan (I get 250 down) on Comcast is around $75/mo.

It's used for all house primary traffic. I work from home so it can be useful on some stuff there, the in-laws only call the house, school stuff for kids, and when my wife was on-call for the hospital, it would always call the house. It has it's uses. But not $25/mo. uses.

TT - Way to support your local businesses. :p Imagine the lost revenue when they have to pay the $$$$ fees to all the credit cards users.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

Because I know everyone was hinging on my every word from before..

I just called comcast, errr...xfinity, and found that I can get essentially the same internet package for cheaper, and they can't do cheaper VOIP bundles. So I'm going to do it. By cutting out all of the above AND getting a cheaper internet price, I'll be saving close to 40-50/mo. It would be dumb not to.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

Is it getting political if I just want to curse and yell about this net neutrality repeal?

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

Adiabatic posted:

Posting this again for emphasis. If you've got 8 minutes to spare, it's a great watch.

Just watched it actually. nice video. Sorry I spread this thought germ, re: Net Neutrality.

Best Mod. <3

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

paging Rhyno... I need more of your manly sauce. How can I make this happen?

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

Rhyno posted:

I made a very small batch last week, i can probably part woth some. Pm me.

Sent. RIP your inbox, I'm sure. Even just humoring me is appreciated. Seriously, that was some good stuff!

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

Siochain posted:

Heavy loving weekend. Buried my sister-in-law, who's been in my life for most of it (30 plus years). Cancers a bitch.
Got together with family - lots of laughing, lots of crying, and lots of drinking. I feel a little better about it, but poo poo still sucks.

Anyways, go hug your loved ones.

Condolences. :(

:cry:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

IIRC a saturn astra :v:

edit: or am I remembering some other old troll?

For real, cold-ish weather and an FI-4cyl can devour a surprising amount of gas. IIRC he is still driving his ion redline!

Edit two: beat me! damnit!

Beverly Cleavage fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Nov 29, 2017

• Locked thread