Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Coors Banquet (is that the name now?) is the best of the cheap macros IMO. My guilty pleasure beer is any cheap rear end novelty beer. Beer:30, Burger Beer, Schiltz, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

We bought my wife a 2012 Honda CR-Z to replace her falling apart Scion. It's a stupidly impractical car on paper and slow as hell and doesn't get that great of mileage for a hybrid but it's really really cool in a geeky way and surprisingly fun to drive. 4/5 would recommend if you're ok with two seats and being passed by everything on the road.

Only beef so far is it's a 2012 and has navigation (lol) and bluetooth hands free phone calling but no bluetooth media streaming. The gently caress, Honda.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Welp I must be an old now because I really really enjoy driving this slow CVT hybrid Honda.

It's like a spaceship though.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Yoooo don't touch that poo poo dogg.

Man if Honda had ever bothered to make a CRZ-R it would have been a hell of a fun car. It's a really fun chassis let down by not enough power. They could have even kept the mild hybrid system with a K series engine instead of the Fit motor that's in there now and it'd be a riot.

Hell, even the IMA motor + 1.8 Civic motor wouldn't have been bad.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Rhyno posted:

I loved the CR-Z's design but hot drat was it a turd to drive. I still can't believe they pushed ahead with it as a hybrid only.

CVT or MT? My wife's is a CVT and I surprisingly really enjoy driving it. It's slow but doesn't have any trouble keeping up with traffic and jumping from lights to <45mph or so. It's a bit loud on the highway though. It seems like it'd be really fun with a MT in the "slow car fast" sort of way.

Today she said she pretty much always drives in sport mode because it keeps the revs higher and it's more responsive. :v:

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

The CVT in this Honda is pretty good and by all accounts Honda's modern CVTs are better. Subaru is doing the fake gears thing in their CVTs which I get but whatever. As an aside: Our company just got a few 2017 Foresters in our fleet and while they're decent they feel really cheap inside for the price. The transmissions aren't bad outside of the fake gears but the electronic throttle mapping is awful to the point it takes a concerted effort to get a smooth take off from a stop without lurching forward.

I still prefer a MT but I wouuldn't turn down any modern automatic these days. We're getting old, AI. :shobon:

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

The Hardee's around here has a special where they'll sell you a uniquely American pile of food for five dollars.

I think they want to kill off their customer base.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

A good fresh tomato is essential. Most fast food burgers put lovely limp slimy tomatoes and nobody got time for that.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

But guys have you tried...

the power of positive thinking

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

CommieGIR posted:

That doesn't really absolve the lobbying power and our current levels of bull headed corruption that inhabit our government currently, especially with people like Pai who is fully willing to buy whatever argument gets him the most money. These are people who openly flaunt ignorance as a GOOD thing, and they are not inherently good people.

What's the saying: Those who claim they will do the most good often do the most harm. People like Devos and others in the GOP come to mind: Theocrats openly willing to oppress others "For their own good"

You can try to put a positive spin on it all you want, but the bottom line is: Trump has selected the most self-centered and greedy group of people with the purpose of breaking the government. And it will do real harm.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Not sure if anyone else has BeamNG.drive here but the new update has a new map called West Coast USA that kicks rear end and seems like a big step forward.

It murders my computer though.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Rhyno posted:

I've been trying to get the equipment together to make and bottle it in larger quantities but the wedding has eaten up all my extra cash.

I'd throw another 10bux or so at you if you did another kickstarted and I'm sure others would do the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

The new Wolfenstein is kicking my rear end. Fun though. Not as good as Doom but a fun shooter.

• Locked thread