Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

InitialDave posted:

I do wonder, seeing as the people we normally get to talk to are at least somewhat intelligent: Does the average American understand how totally hosed their healthcare system is, or the universal self-reporting income tax stuff?

But bootstraps!

And the honest answer seems to be no. Mind you, a lot of Canadians right now think that american-style would be cheaper. Even though literally every piece of evidence points to the opposite.

Right-wingers gonna right-wing (or libertarians gonna libertarianate?)

The world is hosed, we're all doomed.

Also, had the worst turnout for trick-or-treaters since we moved here. Only 45 kids, down from our normal 70-80. Depressing, I love halloween and making kids laugh/smile, seeing the costumes, etc. Easily my favorite "holiday" of the year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

gently caress cancer. gently caress cancer so goddamn hard.

My sister in law has been fighting a nasty ovarian cancer for a bit over 18 months now. Diagnosed last summer, hardcore round of chemo, came out looking okay in March/April of this year. Cancer came back in August. Just found out they spoke with palliative care and hospice as she's not expected to make the next 2 weeks.

I knew from facebook that this round of chemo wasn't going as well, but god loving damnit :( She's a cool lady who I always got along with, and is way too young for this loving poo poo. And my poor brother is devestated. We've been texting, as he can't speak on the phone without breaking down. My mother is a hot mess. Just, gently caress.

gently caress
gently caress
gently caress
gently caress

Siochain
May 24, 2005

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Feeling a bit better this morning - poo poo still sucks, but at least I've had some processing time.

Might be a crappy few weeks while things play out. Ah well, more coffee and scotch (albeit the second has to wait until after work...)

Siochain
May 24, 2005

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

I don't know what the hell is going on, but the HR person that just called me told me she was one of the people I had cussed out.

I'm not an aggressive person at all, and that's not something I would do no matter how angry I was. I still have an email from my old boss saying I am eligible for rehire, so this is completely out of left field for me.

Go to their corporate about it? That's a load of crap. I really hope you can get it sorted out man.

Any chance its your old roomate loving with you?

Siochain
May 24, 2005

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

It's been a year today since my mom died. Kind of strange to believe it's already been a year

Sorry man :( Hope you're doing alright. You've had a rough loving year.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Also it's 3AM and I've been playing BotW non-stop send help

Do you need arrows? Or rupees? I can help with either :P

But, legit, amazing loving game. Sunk 100+ into it. Going to pick it up again once life quits being so goddamn stupid.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

Cage posted:

I would eat 7 sausage mcmuffins right now if I had a joint.

Truth right here. Doesn't matter how poo poo all their other stuff is, McD's has the best breakfast sandwich (and the best coffee for a fast-food joint).
Their muffin's aren't too bad either.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

The only reason I go to sleep is because the Switch battery dies when playing BotW in bed.

The only reason I don't play BotW all day when docked is because sometimes the joycon batteries die.

This is what Nintendo does that I have never, ever had another gaming company do - hook me so loving hard it hurts. BotW just blew me away when I got it earlier this year.

Once we're back from a garbage weekend (whee funeral :/) I'm gonna buy SMO to cheer myself up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siochain
May 24, 2005

Heavy loving weekend. Buried my sister-in-law, who's been in my life for most of it (30 plus years). Cancers a bitch.
Got together with family - lots of laughing, lots of crying, and lots of drinking. I feel a little better about it, but poo poo still sucks.

Anyways, go hug your loved ones.

• Locked thread