Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Goober Peas posted:

So how about them baseballers?

I have never watched/enjoyed baseball at all, and live in LA. I finally gave in and started watching this goddamn series mainly so that I am able to hold a conversation at work. My dad, who I have never seen watch a baseball game in my 32 years, is suddenly an expert on which baseball man should be standing in what area. Reminds me a lot of threepeat-era Lakers circa 2000-2002.

What I'm saying is aside from the hispanic community, LA sports "fans" are fickle as poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

spog posted:

Any HR drone who has been on a course in the last 10 years really should pause at this point.

They will definitely pause, to check the time and realize it's only an hour and a half to lunch.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

I only watch Koyaanisquatsi; once a year and while self-flagellating.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

CSB dude, you can be honest with us about this "arm".

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

eyebeem posted:

In N Out has the best burgers because they are a lame, cheap, fast food style burger that doesn't make you feel like garbage after you eat it. It's a crappy burger that hits the sweet spot of comfort food but is made from good, fresh poo poo.

This times a thousand. I'm a SoCal kid and will always have a soft spot for In-N-Out, but aside from that it's still my go-to fast burger spot because I don't feel like poo poo after I eat it. Habit is a better burger but you pay a few bucks more for it and there's no drivethrough. Back when I had a '67 Impala convertible in bright red, the dopest thing was to hit In-N-Out late on a summer night with the top down and eat it under a palm tree. The simplicity of the menu and the "secret" options also appeal to my grumpy old man side. I had 5guys on the east coast before they made it out west, and was underwhelmed but that seems to be the nature of regional burgers.

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Music chat:

I was recently played this by a friend and it's been a while since I've been dumbstruck laughing by a band. It pretty much defies description. I'm not entirely sure I like it but it sure is interesting.

https://youtu.be/UBakgOHKI-g?t=5m50s

Batshit.

This owns, thanks for posting it. I love weird music.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Ether Frenzy posted:

Wendy's is the best mainstream burger place on a worldwide basis, however do not eat at the one that's in the arrivals terminal at Heathrow.
I don't expect anything from airport burgers but I bought a Wendy's in Austin-Bergstrom that was some next-level airport beef.

nm posted:

My experience with California Carl's Jr has been pretty solid.

:chloe:

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Adiabatic posted:

You think too much.

Are you a handmade gloppy cranberry sauce kinda guy, or a canned knife-sliced style fanatic?

Both answers are good, but on thanksgivings eve certain questions must be answered.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

CommieGIR posted:

Canned gelatin is best.

Nice try

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

BigPaddy posted:

better than the swipe unlock a lot of people use. If you do hold the screen up to the level guy and see the oil from your hand leaving a smear that someone could follow and unlock

I have really, really good eyesight - if someone around me is using pattern/swipe unlock I can see what their code is very quickly, unless they're being World Series of Poker levels of careful about hiding their screen. It would be trivial to snatch & run any number of phones I already had the code for in a public space.

Typically I just use this superpower to prank friends, and read my bosses emails over his shoulder when I'm taking to him in his office.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

User Error posted:

I don't like being the center of attention and I feel like I just followed a few directions and pushed a button.

You're exactly the person AEDs were designed for, and you upheld your end of the bargain. You're the success story that's told at every single company first-aid/AED training session (I've sat through many). Nicely done.

• Locked thread