Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Give Tadić a halo given he plays for the Saints.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Manc Hill posted:

just have the serbian team recreating the Arkan's Tigers pose.

Serbian MNT looking like they in a Ross Kemp drama

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Have the ghost of Marshal Tito playing goal for the other team

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Doctor Malaver posted:

Yep, there is some resemblance...

Why?

What was that? I know he likes to dive or fake injury but I'm not sure how to show that.

Morata dyed it red in anticipation of a move to Man Utd

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Doctor Malaver posted:

I know he likes to dive or fake injury but I'm not sure how to show that.

Scuba gear for diving. Flippers and a snorkel.

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort

AJ_Impy posted:

Give Tadić a halo given he plays for the Saints.

It would be really interesting to have him as an Orthodox icon but I don't think anyone over here knows that Southampton is "Saints".

AJ_Impy posted:

Scuba gear for diving. Flippers and a snorkel.

We don't say 'diving' for this, we say 'acting'. My first idea was to show him as a Shakespearean actor... but instead I told the artist to draw a hand coming from the side and poking Busquets with a finger. And he acts like someone broke his spine. Not sure how will that work out.

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Morata dyed it red in anticipation of a move to Man Utd

OK, maybe.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
I want to say have Ljajic running to a toilet from when he had to be subbed off to take a poo poo (the Serie A thread title is Mihajlovic's press conference response) but it might be too obscure.

There was also the time Delio Rossi (his manager at Fiorentina) punched him during a match after he mouthed off to him so maybe a black eye or something?

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January

Gigi Galli posted:

I want to say have Ljajic running to a toilet from when he had to be subbed off to take a poo poo (the Serie A thread title is Mihajlovic's press conference response) but it might be too obscure.

There was also the time Delio Rossi (his manager at Fiorentina) punched him during a match after he mouthed off to him so maybe a black eye or something?

Not sure if you've read this thread but the vibe is incredibly obscure references that no one knows about being put forward as obvious choices for a sticker album for kids, see Vincent Kompany in a suit because he opened a restaurant in Belgium or some dumb poo poo

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Let me get you some good ideas for the Peru squad... we've got some picturesque motherfuckers in the team

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

lol I wonder how would kids react to a picture of a player with poo poo flowing down his leg

fat gay nonce posted:

Not sure if you've read this thread but the vibe is incredibly obscure references that no one knows about being put forward as obvious choices for a sticker album for kids, see Vincent Kompany in a suit because he opened a restaurant in Belgium or some dumb poo poo

I need 70-100 "stories" (instructions to artist how to draw) and most of the players don't have much interesting about them. So yeah, some of the stories tend to be obscure. I could've just assigned random stories to random players and maybe kids wouldn't care but the publisher prefers this way and so do I even though it's more work.

Weaponized Cum posted:

Let me get you some good ideas for the Peru squad... we've got some picturesque motherfuckers in the team

I went with Farfán, Guerrero, Yotún, and Rodríguez. Guerrero will be an Inca warrior and Farfán will get a picture of a seal on his kit since that's supposedly his nickname. I have room for one more!

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January

Doctor Malaver posted:

I need 70-100 "stories" (instructions to artist how to draw) and most of the players don't have much interesting about them. So yeah, some of the stories tend to be obscure. I could've just assigned random stories to random players and maybe kids wouldn't care but the publisher prefers this way and so do I even though it's more work.

I'm not criticising you, more ridiculing dumb incredibly obscured suggestions that even people who closely follow football have no idea about.

Kompany is injured all the time and has a giant head put him on crutches and draw him like a bobble head.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

fat gay nonce posted:

I'm not criticising you, more ridiculing dumb incredibly obscured suggestions that even people who closely follow football have no idea about.

Kompany is injured all the time and has a giant head put him on crutches and draw him like a bobble head.

Lol relax. Dude asked for info about certain players and other posters gave that information. Yeah, some of it is really obscure but that'll probably add a lot more variety to the album.
Because let's face it, you can just draw almost any footballer as a tattooed/diving/injured guy with a stupid haircut.
And it's also interesting to see what players are known for in other countries imo.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Draw Aaron Mooy as dobby the house elf

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Bryan Ruiz should be drawn as a weasel, that's his nickname and I can't believe I didn't tell you this before, hope it's not too late.

Many players are known for being funny looking and nothing else outside football, and that's ok imho

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Simone Poodoin posted:

Bryan Ruiz should be drawn as a weasel, that's his nickname and I can't believe I didn't tell you this before, hope it's not too late.

Yeah I suggested weasel to the artist but he couldn't pull it off and went with something ordinary.

Weaponized Cum posted:

Doctor Malaver posted:

I went with Farfán, Guerrero, Yotún, and Rodríguez. Guerrero will be an Inca warrior and Farfán will get a picture of a seal on his kit since that's supposedly his nickname. I have room for one more!

Come on, I' m waiting for #5. Everything is at stake!

Here's my Portugal. Given that they are European champions and all, there's very little interesting stuff about the players.

Pepe
- broken players around him

Cristiano Ronaldo
- bare chested, a bit of underwear showing

Rui Patrício
- Saint

João Mário

Bernardo Silva

Cédric Soares

José Fonte

William Carvalho

Ricardo Quaresma
- looks like a criminal

João Moutinho

Doctor Malaver fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Nov 26, 2017

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Bernardo Silva trying somehow to say he's not David Silva, but I'm not sure how you'd do that on a sticker.

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

I also need graphical symbols for Portugal, Costarica and Mexico.

Some countries have it easy. Red devil for Belgium, kangaroo for Australia, pharaoh for Egypt... For others I made up stuff (cheese for Switzerland, snowflake for Russia, beer stein for Germany)... But for those three countries I'm drawing a blank. Mexico have an eagle in their FA crest but we already have eagles for a bunch of other countries.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Peace symbol for Costa Rica (they have no military)

Aztec style head for Mexico

No idea how to depict 'cheating bastard' for Portugal

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
The Ronaldo airport statue for Portugal, surely.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Costa Rica's official national animals are a dumbass lame deer and a boring brown bird.

But the country is known for sloths and also cool frogs, I would suggest a sloth (this "Sloth Kong" character was a thing during the 2014 cup)

Or the red eye tree frog

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Sloth it is.

Gigi Galli posted:

The Ronaldo airport statue for Portugal, surely.

I'll try to put that, it would be super-awesome!

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
I would draw Cueva or Flores for Perú as both have, erm, particular features

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

Doctor Malaver posted:

I also need graphical symbols for Portugal, Costarica and Mexico.

Some countries have it easy. Red devil for Belgium, kangaroo for Australia, pharaoh for Egypt... For others I made up stuff (cheese for Switzerland, snowflake for Russia, beer stein for Germany)... But for those three countries I'm drawing a blank. Mexico have an eagle in their FA crest but we already have eagles for a bunch of other countries.

Snowflake, really? It could be dashcam, or a bottle of vodka, or a senator shooting in a hotel while under coke, or a policeman raping a suspect with a bottle of champagne, or a Buk, or an army of fans forced to remain at the stadium for 2 hours after the game has ended, yet you choose snowflake?

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Alexeythegreat posted:

Snowflake, really? It could be dashcam, or a bottle of vodka, or a senator shooting in a hotel while under coke, or a policeman raping a suspect with a bottle of champagne, or a Buk, or an army of fans forced to remain at the stadium for 2 hours after the game has ended, yet you choose snowflake?

are you... triggered? :smug:

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Weaponized Cum posted:

I would draw Cueva or Flores for Perú as both have, erm, particular features

Flores it is!

Alexeythegreat posted:

In the mean time I changed my mind and put bear instead. These are all a little complicated. :) Except for the bottle but that could be a Polish symbol too.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
A bear with a vodka sounds right, maybe it could be throwing a banana or giving a Nazi salute too

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Here are some suggestions. Want more on the rest of the players? I can do some later in my pc, it's hard in my phone

Doctor Malaver posted:

Yeah I suggested weasel to the artist but he couldn't pull it off and went with something ordinary.

Come on, I' m waiting for #5. Everything is at stake!

Here's my Portugal. Given that they are European champions and all, there's very little interesting stuff about the players.

Pepe
- broken players around him
Dressed like a muay thay fighter

Cristiano Ronaldo
- bare chested, a bit of underwear showing
Face like the infamous Madeira bust

Rui Patrício
- Saint

João Mário
- a ballerina, so give him stilettos or something, since he's always very very light on his feet
Also, huge lips

Bernardo Silva
- Jesus said, when Bernardo was in benfica, most Benfica academy players would have to be born 10 times to be good enough to play for the main team. Meanwhile Bernardo was ignored and sold and now he's pretty good. Maybe have 10 graves behind him? Dunno, don't know much about him

Cédric Soares
This is a hard one, only thing I know is Filipa Brandão is extremely hot.

José Fonte
No idea, he's got a striker brother

William Carvalho
Most if not all riffs on him is on him being slowwww as hell, due to some games he's had. So make him not be in the sticker, but in the background, still coming to the sticker and being late (that means an empty sticker though)

Ricardo Quaresma
- looks like a criminal

João Moutinho

orange sky fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Nov 26, 2017

orange sky
May 7, 2007

A graphical symbol for Portugal could be our pastéis de nata, diving goggles and cap for all the diving we do, or the best one, Eder

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Thanks, this is plenty. We are going just with these ten players. Any replacements you'd make (remove a player from the list, add another one)?

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

lol if the picture of william carvalho isnt him as a disgruntled police chief

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Bogan Krkic posted:

lol if the picture of william carvalho isnt him as a disgruntled police chief

Yeah he does give that vibe. Making him slow makes more sense though. We'll put cobwebs over him.

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFXFe5CPWts&feature=share

Here we are! Featuring goon suggestions:

- Kendall Waston trying to look badass
- Raheem Sterling running like a woman / camp velociraptor
- De Bruyne has steam coming out of his ears
- Cavani as a robot with wild long hair
- Mile Jedinak as a Spartan from Frank Snyder's 300
- Lichtsteiner looking like a mentalist but also a train
- David De Gea with a llama
- Ronaldo airport statue on the Portugal flag
- Sloth on the Costa Rica flag
- Pepe dressed like a muay thay fighter
- William Carvalho with cobweb between legs

And other fun poo poo like Suarez as a vampire chasing other players, Busquets falling apart after being touched, Boateng tearing the ball in two, etc. We tried to do Hazard in anime style but it didn't work out. I considered putting Bradley / Dempsey / Altidore on the "players we'll be missing" page but they are unknown here. So no Americans in the album. It later occurred to me that we could've had put Pulisic.

Thanks again for everyone for suggestions. If you're still interested I can mail some albums but there are no pictures of the players in the album itself. I can mail you sticker packets too but if you're interested in e.g. Sterling odds of getting him are slim. That's why kids buy piles of stickers and trade with friends.

Doctor Malaver fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Jan 18, 2018

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
You should have done Olivier Giroud with a Twix up his butt.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Cool!

Is this only for sale in Croatia or will it be in nearby countries?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Lol, that's awesome. I want to buy sticker albums again now.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
That owns, congrats! Can you post any pictures of some of the stickers themselves? Or maybe what one of the completed album pages looks like?

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

We're selling in Croatia, Bosnia and Serbia, and in two weeks we'll be in Macedonia too. Maybe some other countries (I heard Romania and Iran mentioned) but that's not too likely.

I'll post some pictures over the weekend. :)

You wouldn't believe it but there are already two more almost identical album projects competing with us! One is from our evil enemies who were once part of the same company. Their project is decent but we clinched an exclusive deal with the biggest Croatian newsstand distributor so it's an uneven battle. The third album looks amateurish, I haven't seen it properly yet. And this is all before the official Panini album which will as always feature photographs, not caricatures.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I hope your sticker albulm sales are high and audience reaction is positive, I would love to see what Mile ended up looking like

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

If only the USA qualified, I'd have been down the Tisak spending all my Kuna to get a big Jozy caricature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

This owns and I still can't believe that a TRP poster actually did something cool and productive irl

• Locked thread