Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

so are the "snakes" just stand-ins for nonchristians or

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

obstipator posted:

pretty sure thats completely irrelevant, rear end in a top hat

this is the st patricks conpujter thread ☘️ get your politics poo poo out of here

stout computjer

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
drat, op is on top of poo poo wrt keeping the thread title relevant. hats off.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

President Beep posted:

drat, op is on top of poo poo wrt keeping the thread title relevant. hats off.
how do you have a 2009 regdate and not know that only mods can change thread titles

thank u #blessed graph

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Captain Foo posted:

how do you have a 2009 regdate and not know that only mods can change thread titles

ugh. fail.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

let's talk about irish politics instead, since that's not divisive or prone to extremes of emotion

the only irish computer thing I can think of is apple had a factory in cork, ireland in the 90s

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

something something celtic tiger.

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
is your app irish?

because my memory usage is dublin

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

qirex posted:

let's talk about irish politics instead, since that's not divisive or prone to extremes of emotion

the only irish computer thing I can think of is apple had a factory in cork, ireland in the 90s

p sure there's that whole apple tax thing

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Plank Walker posted:

is your app irish?

because my memory usage is dublin

gently caress, i laughed

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Captain Foo posted:

paper doing business as locations aren't really tech, I mean every company does it but it's not like delaware or grand cayman are knows as technology hubs

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Captain Foo posted:

not just apple. intel has a couple fabs in lexlip that make up their their largest mfg facility outside the us with 4000+ employees

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

d;runk Compyujer

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
Also not just tech companies in on the irish tax scams

Starbucks has the best scam going, or at least the most brazen. The individual locations around europe are not owned by starbucks, which would mean starbucks would have to pay tax on profit generated in that eu country. Instead, they are all individually owned and they lease he starbucks name from starbucks ireland. Somehow, the leasing fees happen to work out to make every non-irish eu starbucks lose money and so pay no tax in the nations where they actually reside. profits are shifted over to starbucks ireland, in the form of those leasing fees, where the tax is lowest.

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

SIMM fein

crap nerd
May 24, 2008

The Leck posted:

SIMM fein

tiocfaidh erlang

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE

qirex posted:

It's very much still around, and is the only Apple owned and operated factory in the world. If you custom-configure an iMac and live in Europe, they do the final assembly from there.

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
my favorite st pattys computer is the computer jukebox that lets you fill a bar with an infinite choice of bad music for just $1 per song

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i once used a computer at an argos in belfast to buy a poncho.

that’s my irish computer story.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Captain Foo posted:

stout computjer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixXp3e0a65E

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
lady luck migt be smiling at me w/r/t computjer 😘 ☘️

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

obstipator posted:

lady luck migt be smiling at me w/r/t computjer 😘 ☘️

Don't spill beer into your cumputrr

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
st patrick's day? sounds like an excuse to drink a lot and post on a green forum, something i don't do every other day of the year

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

creationist believer posted:

st patrick's day? sounds like an excuse to drink a lot and post on a green forum, something i don't do every other day of the year

Death to the Orangemen, now more than ever.

I HAVE GOUT
Nov 23, 2017
Four leaf clover computer: a quad-tower desktop organized in a clover arrangement that grants good fengshui

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
weed computer :okpos:

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
only good time to use greenpos

pram
Jun 10, 2001

breaking the law here buddy

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

pram posted:

breaking the law here buddy

woah man that’s a bit unfair. im gonna give the op the benefit of the doubt here and just assume he paid some euros to use that.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

crap nerd posted:

tiocfaidh erlang

:discourse:

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

President Beep posted:

woah man that’s a bit unfair. im gonna give the op the benefit of the doubt here and just assume he paid some euros to use that.

yeah, dont ban me op. i paid with computer coins 100% LEGAL COINS that i stole from a gay leprechaun

I HAVE GOUT
Nov 23, 2017
[talking to leprechaun]: dont be short with me

I HAVE GOUT
Nov 23, 2017
At the end of the rainbow, theres a computer made of jew gold.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

its spelled gui jfc

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

drat that's a sexy computer

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
the four leaf clover has a big dink