Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

:hai:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

the only mmo ive ever played was runescape and im not even sure if it had lore other than the creatively named mythril was the best material to makes things out of

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
I had "Dora" who had the explorer tittle.

I feel this fits but may be racist.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Agreed. When I was in high school and played Final Fantasy XI for the first time I named my first character "Stabsalot" thinking it would be funny. Well, I was punching a sheep to death somewhere and a guy and his group walked by and he said "Stabsalot. Good name...for a retard" and it really hurt my feelings. If I had chosen a lore friendly name I could have spared myself the ordeal.

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
my rs name was "buttmaster"

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Yobgoblin posted:

a fitting title to this day

Soral
May 30, 2009

trying to jack off posted:

the only mmo ive ever played was runescape and im not even sure if it had lore other than the creatively named mythril was the best material to makes things out of

the best material in runescape was runite

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Soral posted:

the best material in runescape was runite

i guess my memories of a game i played for 6 months 16 years ago arent as perfect as i thought....

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Yobgoblin posted:

Post names that only child molesters used

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

GorfZaplen posted:

lol

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

Lol you are a child molester

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

Liquid Drink posted:

Lol you are a child molester

the imp zone is a troll free zone. you should relax.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kongming posted:

Agreed. When I was in high school and played Final Fantasy XI for the first time I named my first character "Stabsalot" thinking it would be funny. Well, I was punching a sheep to death somewhere and a guy and his group walked by and he said "Stabsalot. Good name...for a retard" and it really hurt my feelings. If I had chosen a lore friendly name I could have spared myself the ordeal.

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I used the name randomized in WoW until I found something I liked and then used that on most create a characters in games for like 10 years.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

I used the name randomized in WoW until I found something I liked and then used that on most create a characters in games for like 10 years.

cant believe we've got two buttmasters here

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Agreed, OP. And for games in general, really...

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Respect Lore.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

GorfZaplen posted:

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:
I am called Îllidan Årthâs. Master of Lore. Rename your toon at once.

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

you're drat right it is.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
Dark spirit Michael Jackson has invaded

Me: Oh yeah awesome. That makes sense, here of all loving places. Great job community, guess I'm the rear end in a top hat huh *keyboard clattering sounds*

Pumprag
Jan 29, 2013

GorfZaplen posted:

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Respect Lore.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

Me: Oh yeah awesome. That makes sense, here of all loving places. Great job community, guess I'm the rear end in a top hat huh *keyboard clattering sounds*

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

lol

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

HolePisser1982 posted:

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

Lmao being able to use a space in your name gives hilarious potential in FFXIV. I once saw a monk named bahamut Ali in duty finder

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HolePisser1982 posted:

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

HolePisser1982 posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

HolePisser1982 posted:

lol

Soral
May 30, 2009

HolePisser1982 posted:

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

When you reach a new zone and realize a whole new region of content has become available to your lore friendly character:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inPGlpHBhBM&t=46s

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

• Locked thread