Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Canada Post posted:

International item being forwarded to destination country

Sally forth little package!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

iForge, hit me up if I can cover for a deadbeat too.

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Apple's new "iBlacksmith Suite: Professional Edition" features the iForge, iAnvil, and the iHammer.

CovfefeCatCafe posted:

I sent both my AISS gift and TGSS gift at the same time. Not sure why my AISS Santee hasn’t received it yet...

If you would have sent me tracking information, it would have made the whole process easier.

iForge fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Dec 23, 2017

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Dammit, now I want some cheese curds. Surprisingly there's at least one good local source of them in AZ.

extreme_accordion
Apr 9, 2009

IOwnCalculus posted:

Dammit, now I want some cheese curds. Surprisingly there's at least one good local source of them in AZ.

Can hook you up if you require them 'from the source' :D

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
Santa has delivered! The only thing missing was a rolling burnout up the mall to scare the tourists off. Pictures when I get home

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Terrible Robot posted:

Yo that Secret Aardvark sauce is the fuckin bomb, I just re-ordered some earlier today actually. Also lmbo at that booze cage. Time to buy an angle grinder!

Drill a hole down from the top, tap with a drain plug, store on side.

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Apple's new "iBlacksmith Suite: Professional Edition" features the iForge, iAnvil, and the iHammer.

iForge posted:

Last year there were a lot of santees that did not post pictures and thank their santa. Please don't be a horrible jerk, it takes 5 minutes and the person who spent their time and money doesn't have to worry forever if you got it.

Friendly reminder that this is mandatory. Get it together Santees!

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Gotta say he nailed the avatar.

I got a pet portfolio and unfortunately no doggo here but my sister has a few so hopefully she can use the coupons!

Tie downs and heat shrink tubing

Magnetic parts holder, headlamp, and a bunch of random zip ties and a socket extension

Flashlight and magnetic grabber tool

And finally, making good use of the flat postage we have a part:

Not too sure what it is, little help?

Thanks for the gifts keykey!! The zip ties are definitely staying in my room for a change.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

iForge posted:

Friendly reminder that this is mandatory. Get it together Santees!

Due to moving, I had my AISS package sent to my parents' house, where I am now visiting. I arrived to find an unexpected package from Amazon, could this be from the internet??

Too small to be broken car parts, so I wonder...

Holy crap! Is this what I think it is?

It is! I saw Nitrospazz get one of these (or something similar) in this thread, and I thought, "Crap, now I have to have one. Maybe when my finances recover from Christmas..." But here you are, Santa, you knew what I needed before I did. This will come in very handy when I start working on my project car again, since I'll be doing a lot of wiring harness stuff. My other scopes are older CRT models, so they aren't easily portable.

This owns and you own, mysterious unnamed Santa. I brought my soldering iron with me because I need to fix something else while I'm here, so I'll have a trip report for you in the next week!

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

the spyder posted:

I completely forgot to take a picture of the rotor keys.

PS: I had no idea they made poutine lip balm.

As long as you let out an audible groan when you saw the engraving, I'll let it slide.

Also, this is Canada, you can get poutine everything.

A most excellent 2018 to you as well!

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
You can even get poutine-flavoured cheese curds which is just silly.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Its gonna be a very digital Christmas.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Cage posted:

And finally, making good use of the flat postage we have a part:

Not too sure what it is, little help?
Looks like it has a diesel fuel cooler on there?

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

Raluek posted:

It is! I saw Nitrospazz get one of these (or something similar) in this thread, and I thought, "Crap, now I have to have one. Maybe when my finances recover from Christmas..." But here you are, Santa, you knew what I needed before I did. This will come in very handy when I start working on my project car again, since I'll be doing a lot of wiring harness stuff. My other scopes are older CRT models, so they aren't easily portable.

After a long hiatus of doing production soldering work for years, I bought one of these to get my chops back. Its pretty neat especially given the price and the general simplicity. Note, the peak voltage range is 5V (50mVx100) so you'll need a special probe to do real voltages.

I got my stuff during the week, but have been busy blah blah sorry Adiabatic and iForge

Note!

Box #1
Canadian snacks? (no picture of box sorry)

Box #2

Heavy rear end stuff! (beer for scale)

Thanks a bunch ShrugsNotDrugs. My family stole all the snacks and marvelled at the concept of all-dressed chips. That piston has to be quite a few kilos, the wrist pin is almost the diameter of the beer bottle! I've put one of the Pete keys on every keychain to feel like a cool guy. The digital thermometer is perfect for the workbench, though I hope I don't measure to its 400C limits in the house. The Hot Wheels shall adorn my office, and I'm sure that Mechanix glove fits one of the babies around!

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
YEEEEEEEEEE, Got my AISS package, and even though the bottom was SLIGHTLY soaked in offroad diesel fuel, it's AWESOME.

Smushed, but not too bad considering it came from the EXOTIC and FOREIGN islands!

This guy seems to understand my love malaise era cars, i'm already psyched.

He also knows that my regular money won't be any good where i'm going. Also, that picture seems perfectly innocent, but creeps me out a bit!

Slower! Smaller! MORE VACUUM LINES!

This is going all over my next couple meals. Assuming i don't eat it straight out the jars.

And rum! The stuff good enough to not sell in a plastic bottle either!

Thanks Santa!

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I am really sorry I didn't post sooner, I've been run ragged at work trying to get CE approval of our machine so we could ship it by end of year. I am also the slackingest Santa this year I think, all I could muster was shelling people with Amazon packages :sigh:

Raluek posted:

Due to moving, I had my AISS package sent to my parents' house, where I am now visiting. I arrived to find an unexpected package from Amazon, could this be from the internet??

Too small to be broken car parts, so I wonder...

This owns and you own, mysterious unnamed Santa. I brought my soldering iron with me because I need to fix something else while I'm here, so I'll have a trip report for you in the next week!

Glad you like it! There is another package coming on the 27th (so alleges UPS), hopefully it doesn't arrive after you leave.

I saw NitroSpazzz' post and was very confused because he wasn't my Santee :v:

A PACKAGE ARRIVED! some time ago, now.

It contained a ton of loot!

A nifty gear reduction screwdriver attachment, for when you really absolutely must strip out a flat blade screw head (I know I'm going to find a use for this one day, at 2am, when I'm desperate and all else has failed)
Hotwheels trucks!
Two really cool touch sensitive USB lights. I used one of these yesterday while doing some wiring on the house!
Stickers!
A mug!
HOT SAUCE?!?!
Some padded nose clamps (which do a great job of holding stencils and patterns onto drywall and wood and stuff, BTW)
The world's tiniest magnetic parts tray!
Air, which I assume is from Montana
Microfiber cloths! I can stop scratching the hell out of my glasses on my shirt now
Candy. Sooooo much candy. The sour patch kids were a huge hit with my wife since they're one of the few vegetarian gummies on the market!

A ransom note?

These things are bright as gently caress. They are dimmable though. I'm impressed by how much they crammed into so little hardware.

It's like someone attached a miniature np231 to a screwdriver.

I bet this will go really well on omelettes...

I've been mugged.

Thanks Magnus Praeda, and sorry it took so long for me to post!

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

gently caress yea AISSmas.
a few sauces that'll go to good use.
small oscilloscope (one day I'll get around to building a body for it to wear it on your arm for when lugging the 50lb scope isn't ideal)
Rpi zero starter kit. I'm gonna turn this into a server that runs the robotic arm.

Thanks CommieGIR!

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

kastein posted:

I am really sorry I didn't post sooner, I've been run ragged at work trying to get CE approval of our machine so we could ship it by end of year. I am also the slackingest Santa this year I think, all I could muster was shelling people with Amazon packages :sigh:

Glad you like it! There is another package coming on the 27th (so alleges UPS), hopefully it doesn't arrive after you leave.

I saw NitroSpazzz' post and was very confused because he wasn't my Santee :v:

A PACKAGE ARRIVED! some time ago, now.

It contained a ton of loot!

A nifty gear reduction screwdriver attachment, for when you really absolutely must strip out a flat blade screw head (I know I'm going to find a use for this one day, at 2am, when I'm desperate and all else has failed)
Hotwheels trucks!
Two really cool touch sensitive USB lights. I used one of these yesterday while doing some wiring on the house!
Stickers!
A mug!
HOT SAUCE?!?!
Some padded nose clamps (which do a great job of holding stencils and patterns onto drywall and wood and stuff, BTW)
The world's tiniest magnetic parts tray!
Air, which I assume is from Montana
Microfiber cloths! I can stop scratching the hell out of my glasses on my shirt now
Candy. Sooooo much candy. The sour patch kids were a huge hit with my wife since they're one of the few vegetarian gummies on the market!

A ransom note?

These things are bright as gently caress. They are dimmable though. I'm impressed by how much they crammed into so little hardware.

It's like someone attached a miniature np231 to a screwdriver.

I bet this will go really well on omelettes...

I've been mugged.

Thanks Magnus Praeda, and sorry it took so long for me to post!

Glad everything arrived in one piece! I totally get being run ragged this time of year.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

toplitzin posted:

Well played santa.... well played:

Thanks Santa! This is quite the awesome haul!

Hey Toplitzin,

I'm glad you liked it and like I posted previously I completely forgot the letter. You will be happy to know I burnt the ever living hell out of my finger welding that up. Hopefully you figured out the trick to opening it (hint: the welds are purposely weaker on one side, a single cut should allow you to break one side open). Have a great new year!

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
McTinkerson, I'm glad you liked it. I forgot to write a note. I would have sent food and booze but I didn't want to push my luck at the border.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

cursedshitbox posted:

gently caress yea AISSmas.
a few sauces that'll go to good use.
small oscilloscope (one day I'll get around to building a body for it to wear it on your arm for when lugging the 50lb scope isn't ideal)
Rpi zero starter kit. I'm gonna turn this into a server that runs the robotic arm.

Thanks CommieGIR!

I know what you like :)

Merry AImas, darling.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Dec 25, 2017

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

see its right there in the manual where it says
Grimey Drawer

Gingerbread House Music posted:

YEEEEEEEEEE, Got my AISS package, and even though the bottom was SLIGHTLY soaked in offroad diesel fuel, it's AWESOME.

Glad it got there in time! I got it mailed out late, but was genuinely stoked when I saw that it got there on Christmas eve! Good on ya, USPS.

quote:

Smushed, but not too bad considering it came from the EXOTIC and FOREIGN islands!

This guy seems to understand my love malaise era cars, i'm already psyched.

He also knows that my regular money won't be any good where i'm going. Also, that picture seems perfectly innocent, but creeps me out a bit!

Slower! Smaller! MORE VACUUM LINES!

I genuinely love old Car & Driver magazines. Be sure to check out the cars for sale in the classified sections!

quote:

This is going all over my next couple meals. Assuming i don't eat it straight out the jars.

That is allegedly the last jar of 14" Carrot Gold sauce in existence !

quote:

And rum! The stuff good enough to not sell in a plastic bottle either!

I am so pleased that made it past the Customs inspectors! (lol) I got several bottles right from the refinery. They age it for ~8 years in casks which were originally used to age Jack Daniels whisky. Seriously good poo poo.

Try it straight over the rocks, with no mixers ;)

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

What the hell? A box came back from the frozen north. This is the very same box I sent to Slim.....

Oh....okay......we looped santee/santas:

Half of the cheezies are already gone (I assume you will be sending more every 2 weeks, right?) and I'm afraid of the screech. As discussed in super secret AI cool guy places I think this is going to the cabin as hunting booze.

The moose antlers didn't make it in one piece, but they will be repaired and proudly displayed above the piston and oil pump. Tools are appreciated and in the box already. We'll see how wax en français does on a german car when it warms up.

You are awesome dude. Thank you!

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
They let Screech across the border? :stare:

SlimManFat
Nov 12, 2010

RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST
Glad everything showed up, Motronic! Shame about the moose antler snapping off in transit. Don't get into too much trouble with that Screech now ;)

Fermented Tinal posted:

Newfies turn into professional rumrunners around Christmas time :getin:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

buttcrackmenace posted:

That is allegedly the last jar of 14" Carrot Gold sauce in existence !

I've still got mine! I'm the only one in my house who eats spicy stuff so my backlog of hot sauces is kind of long, and I've been hoarding my precious 14" Gold.

There were only ever around a dozen jars made, though, the stuff is super rare!

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Fermented Tinal posted:

I think in the USA it's legally aviation electronics cleaning spirits.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
I wouldn't be surprised.

Tracking says my santee's package is en route to destination and set to arrive tomorrow. At least it looks like it'll make it before the end of the year. My original Amazon order is still somewhere betwen Japan and Canada.

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

:f5:

:nsallears:

:confused:

lol :ms:

guess my Santapaket is still out there, somewhere ...

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I dont mean to be creepy but I can see the dudes return address, even though its just a PO box. Also his name.

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Cage posted:

I dont mean to be creepy but I can see the dudes return address, even though its just a PO box. Also his name.

wups! fixed.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Package out for delivery. :woop:

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

iForge posted:

AI:SS Stats of this moment:
13 days past soft shipping deadline
1 day before hard shipping deadline
51 users participating
42 users have sent me shipping confirmations
36 users have posted pictures and thanked their santa
2 users have posted that they got a box but have not posted pictures.
I did not take the time to check how many packages have not been delivered yet, but:

Those are rookie numbers. Gotta pump those numbers up. Thank you to all who have shipped/emailed/posted so far!

So how are the stats looking now, looks like we've had a lot more confirmed packages with than you's, any official deadbeats?

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
I'll let iForge confirm, but it seems I don't get to ban anyone this Christmas :smith:

Might give some folks some neat redtext for not sharing pictures of their spoils, however :peanut:

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

No deadbeats thankfully. I'd rather see everyone get a gift than have to have my attorney go after people. He still might give out some redtext tho :V

Im not home to check but im pretty sure we have 3 people who havent posted pics. One of those is just getting their package today so they get a pass.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
I've got some green slips from the post office, though not sure yet if that's the AISS stuff here or another package I'm expecting. If either, not sure if I'll be able to actually get my hands on it until Tuesday.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
I'lll check back at where I was living later today for delivery

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Mine went out for delivery yesterday and now there's a message about it being delayed.

E: iForge, I sent you an email.

Fermented Tinal fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Dec 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Confirming delivery will post pics when Im back home.

• Locked thread