Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

poo poo, the place I planned on nabbing presents for my santee at shut down in june for being a complete deathtrap. Wonder how hard mailing a freash hot pressed cubano sammich cross country is. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

If you're my santa, yes, please mail me good cuban sandwiches.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Hell, just ask iforge for my Addy to send me random food.

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Apple's new "iBlacksmith Suite: Professional Edition" features the iForge, iAnvil, and the iHammer.

Beverly Cleavage posted:

I missed the window, despite repeated attempts to goad by our glorious mod. If we need a stand in, someone let me know.

If anyone gets stiffed this year, Ill let you know!

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Oh someone's gonna get stiffed alright.. :quagmire:

... wait this isn't /m4m, poo poo.

Serious talk, between some post history and asking a local goon about suggestions for someone who has my santee's vehicles (said goon also has one of them), I have a pretty good list.. of both useful and comical (and a little foodical). Just gotta wait for payday.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Time to test if a medium flat rate box can really hold up to the claimed 70 pounds.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Time to test if a medium flat rate box can really hold up to the claimed 70 pounds.

They can get drat close. I sent a pressure plate, flywheel, clutch, and 25' of 1/0 battery cable once. It was like 60#.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Probably more fun if I edit this post, yay gifts!

Cage fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Nov 21, 2017

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

see its right there in the manual where it says
Grimey Drawer

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

I have lead-acid UPS batteries mailed to me flat-rate on the regular. 4 batteries in a box, each battery weighs around 16 lbs, 5 boxes at a time...

YES I tip my postal carrier :)

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

the burst rating on a cardboard box is not the same thing as how much weight it can hold, it's a very specific measurement that isn't especially useful.

That said, if you completely encase a flat rate box in good packaging tape, you massively increase its strength. I have used this fact to my advantage many times.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

Leperflesh posted:

That said, if you completely encase a flat rate box in good packaging tape, you massively increase its strength. I have used this fact to my advantage many times.

This is exactly what I'm going to be doing if I decide that some assembly is required.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Gifts are purchased and on their way here. Once they arrive, they will be combined with other various garbage awesome things and then sent out to the victim santee victim.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

I am genuinely a bit stumped on what to get my Santee. I will think of something cool and good though.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Part 1 of 2 is being drop shipped from the seller. Hopefully their photos and reviews are honest. :ohdearsass:

Part 2 of 2 will follow within a week or two.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Some stuff ordered. One thing arrived. Need to get a few more ideas in place.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Part one ordered. Ordering part 2 after my next paycheck gets in, then to abscond with as much junk as possible to stuff the box. Heres to hoping this time I remember a letter.

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Apple's new "iBlacksmith Suite: Professional Edition" features the iForge, iAnvil, and the iHammer.
Got my gifts all boxed up, will have to wait for Monday to be sent out. Coming at you, santee(s)!

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
Santee is going to get some interesting things. Just trying to figure out one last gift and then how to classify for customs.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
I got sniped on an auction for one of my gift ideas, and I wouldn’t at all be surprised to learn it was sniped by someone in AI lol

Back to the drawing board on that idea I suppose.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Phase 1 is complete.
Still awaiting Phase 2.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

All parts assembled and proof of concept test completed. Next up: initial test fitting and assembly. On track for completion this weekend.

Packaging for shipping is currently looking to be the most difficult part.

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
Just got a frankly, pretty sick gift for my santee - I'll ship it out tonight or tomorrow along with some random neat stuff I'll chuck in the box!

Deceptor101
Jul 7, 2007

What fun is a project if it doesn't at least slightly ruin your life?
My Santa, Brigdh, was on it this year! Looks like I was the first to receive my gift!

A nondescript USPS box arrived at work:

"I don't remember ordering anything that would come USPS, wonder what it is??" In my mind it was way too early for AISS.

Wow this got here fast!

I love a good letter, especially one that reaffirms why I'll never buy a VAG product.

Cones and hat (thankfully adjustable, my head is huge), with letter for scale. I think most lemons teams will drive right over these cones, but I definitely can see a few uses for them. Also, bonus unmentioned Hella H7 Extreme Yellow Xenons (OFF-ROAD USE ONLY!). Pretty sure these will fit my 540 too, if they work.

Stickers! The only one of these I already have is the GRM, so these are great! These will definitely bump up the Camaro's LT1 into LS1 power territory, if not higher.

Automobile and Roundel magazines, taking advantage of the flat-rate boxes! I haven't read many car magazines lately, so I'll check these out. I can use the Roundel one to see how "real" bmw owners live, with their bmw accessories and all-dealer maintenance/service packages.

Ninja levers! These seem a decent quality aluminum casting. Not sure what I'll do with them, but they're neat, I want to do something.

Rubber grip with Specialized cap inserted, because why not?

VAG coils in their natural state of being broken. Wonder what's broken in them and if I can re-purpose them for anything else?

This was a great and entertaining AISS haul, thanks so much Brigdh!

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Goddamn, I haven't even finished shopping! One part of the gift I'm sending has shown up so far, but those pics give me some... ideas.

e: I may have to send mine in two parts... the best part isn't expected to arrive until Dec 14th, according to ebay. :smith:

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Nov 29, 2017

Brigdh
Nov 23, 2007

That's not an oil leak. That's the automatic oil change and chassis protection feature.
I'm glad it arrived in one piece. To be fair to everyone else, a lot of it happened to be stuff that I threw in a corner throughout the year as things I thought might be good for AISS.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
shipped!

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Santee, I have found a portion of your gift. More stuff is in the works. I will have it in the mail by next week.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Dear Santee, I just launched your gift across the pond. The lady at the post office says it'll probably take a little over two weeks. Also, I hope you have large hands.

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Package 1/3 fired off. My real santee is next, ill get your final part in the mail tonight. Third santee has to wait till next week till I can get to my storage unit.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
I've got stuff inbound.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
Just ordered my Santee's stuff. I apologize in advance for not being very interesting. I don't have a lot of interesting junk lying around so I just found a few things I thought you'd like on Amazon and went with it. Maybe I'll be able to find something at work to throw in there too.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Not going to lie, I've been lazy as hell with this. Have found a thing or two around the office, know of a few broken things I'm sending but still need to dig through my Santee's post history a bit to fill in the gaps.

It's on the list for this weekend

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Me too NitroSpazz... But then I accidentally found the perfect thing just now and ordered it. Bag of random crap may also follow :ninja:

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.
Yeah, I'm going shopping this weekend, too. Too drat busy this week to get anything done outside of work.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

kastein posted:

Me too NitroSpazz... But then I accidentally found the perfect thing just now and ordered it. Bag of random crap may also follow :ninja:

if i get sawzalled chunks of red forester for the 12 days leading up to christmas, i'll know.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Gingerbread House Music posted:

if i get sawzalled chunks of red forester for the 12 days leading up to christmas, i'll know.

You bought some Chinese manufactured tools recently right? You probably already have some of it.

I don't have any parts of it left to send to anyone. Should have kept the VIN tag off the dash and title as a gag gift, I guess :v:

helno
Jun 19, 2003

hmm now were did I leave that plane
KING DICK is on it's way.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Ugh, I am terrible, or rather maybe Amazon is.

The one part of my Santee's gift I had figured out might not arrive here until January. :cripes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

helno
Jun 19, 2003

hmm now were did I leave that plane
It is amazon.

I sell stuff through them and they have been slow as gently caress lately.

• Locked thread