Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

T-Bone posted:

also Zacha better step the gently caress up now, he's been playing better lately, but with Palmieri out and now this trade he has a big opportunity.

They should have kept Theodore and moved Vatanen over the summer imo

Maybe, but it helped them get rid of Stoner and protect other guys, and I think every team that wasn't Vegas was going to be pretty reticent about taking on players before an expansion draft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Vatanen and Hall for Larsson and Henrique. I'll take it. I was actually wondering where MoJo would fit in when he came back since they had four lines rolling pretty well.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

Vatanen and Hall for Larsson and Henrique. I'll take it. I was actually wondering where MoJo would fit in when he came back since they had four lines rolling pretty well.

I think when healthy it's

Hall-Hischier-Palmieri
Johansson-Zajac-Bratt
Zacha-Boyle-Stafford
Wood-Coleman-Gibbons
Noesen/Hayes

Greene-Vatanen
Moore-Severson
Butcher-Santini
Mueller

Schneider
Kinkaid

Still a LD and maybe one more top 9 forward short of really being something, but a legit playoff contender if they keep getting the goaltending.

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Nov 30, 2017

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
Another move that makes me wish I could watch more Devils instead of just the Caps.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Blandisi seems like a good pickup for the Ducks, he's an agitator who can score. Definitely a good piece for the bottom six on a team reaching to their depth.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Peter Holland is probably going to be useful for the Rangers with Zibanejad out. Amazing how they got him for Cracknell, who was so bad that the team that waived him didn't even take him back for free for their AHL team.

I just saw the replay of the hit that injured Zibanejad, and Helm jumped into one of those dumb FINISH YER CHEX hits where a slow/bad player hits a guy after he gets rid of the puck because he's too slow/bad to get back into the play.

https://www.blueshirtbanter.com/2017/11/30/16720056/nhl-new-york-rangers-announce-mika-zibanejad-is-out-indefinitely-with-concussion

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

JawKnee posted:

well poo poo. I didn't want him on the team but that's a bad way to go.

Yeah...and I actually didn't mind him this year. Green found a way to motivate him and gave him a role that didn't just involve picking stupid fights and he was playing well.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

ImplicitAssembler posted:

gave him a role that didn't just involve picking stupid fights and he was playing well.

Until he got into a stupid fight and rebroke his neck.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Yeah, I'm thinking now is the time to try and pry players from the ducks. The Randy effect is yielding predictable results.

Henrique is good and cool but gotta give the win short and long term to the devils.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/reporterchris/status/936295978369294336

:rip:

E: also

https://twitter.com/wyshynski/status/936296669905326080

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

grack posted:

Henrique/Blandisi for Vatenen is actually a pretty decent trade for both sides. How rare is that?

Jones/Johansen immediately comes to mind.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Comedy option: Horton Clarkson

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

ThinkTank posted:

Until he got into a stupid fight and rebroke his neck.

This does free up some cap space...

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
Is he straight up retiring or going on LTIR? I'd want to collect on my millions if I were him

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

JawKnee posted:

Is he straight up retiring or going on LTIR? I'd want to collect on my millions if I were him

He didn't say the word "retire" at any point, so I'd imagine he'll be taking a relaxing vacation on Robidas Island for the next few years.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

JawKnee posted:

Most of what I saw said he's "not returning to the active roster", which would tell me LTIR.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

CBJSprague24 posted:

Jones/Johansen immediately comes to mind.

So twice in two seasons?

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Ray Shero is a loving idiot.

(He's not but, Henrique nooooooooo :( )

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I think Shero has been good. He's picked up Johansson, Hall, Butcher, now Vatanen, and the team sucked enough to draft Hischier. Devils are a pretty fun team.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I think Shero has been good. He's picked up Johansson, Hall, Butcher, now Vatanen, and the team sucked enough to draft Hischier. Devils are a pretty fun team.

If it weren't for Kovalchuk we'd probably have RNH too.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Diet Crack posted:

They look better than they have in years. He's doing pretty aight IMO.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
anyway the Bruins are doing some sort of charity thing today and I guess Pastrnak got interviewed by the news which produced this picture
https://twitter.com/NHLBruins/status/936314610004656128

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Diet Crack posted:

I'll miss Henrique the person more than Henrique the player. Never really took that extra step after his rookie year although playing next to prime Parise and Kovalchuk will probably skew your numbers.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

He is, I just want Henrique still on this team so I'm irrationally angry.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Diet Crack posted:

If it weren't for Kovalchuk we'd probably have RNH too.

you probably still can

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Palmieri too. Basically an entire NHL top 6 line and a middle pair. His trades have been wonderful -- hopefully one of Zacha/McLeod becomes a legit top 6er to go along with it. Actually Quenneville looks perhaps good so maybe Lou managed to get something with a late first rounder for the first time in 10 years.

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Nov 30, 2017

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Devils are a pretty fun team.

Myself back in 1995 just shuddered a little bit

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

JawKnee posted:

you probably still can

Nah Edmonton breaks everything

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Diet Crack posted:

Nah Edmonton breaks everything

Devils got Hall for Larsson

They could probably get RNH for half a bag of popcorn and a bagel to be named later.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
As long as the bagel is shared with the Edmonton beat reporters they'll claim the trade was a win for Edmonton.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

grack posted:

Devils got Hall for Larsson

They could probably get RNH for half a bag of popcorn and a bagel to be named later.

What kind of bagel we talkin' here? Sesame, maybe poppy seed?

The talk of the Henrique trade makes me realize if the Hall trade had been Henrqiue and Larsson for Hall, or even just Hall for Vatanen, the Oilers would have been criticized considerably less.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Without looking:

name 3 of the top 5 all-time leaders in "Total Goals On-Ice For".

Hint: Lidstrom is #6, Jagr is #10

grack
Jan 10, 2012

El Gallinero Gros posted:

What kind of bagel we talkin' here? Sesame, maybe poppy seed?

Doesn't matter as long as it's stale. Gotta get that tough, veteran presence

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
I hope our generational talent is better than their generational talent tonight.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

bewbies posted:

Without looking:

One is obviously Gretzky.

And I bet there's more defense than you'd expect.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

grack posted:

*Jeff Gorton takes the elevator downstairs to Penn Station*

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

bewbies posted:

Without looking:

I'd guess Chelios is up there. Otherwise will guess Messier, Coffey and Gretzky.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

bewbies posted:

Without looking:

Chelios is a good guess. How about Coffey?

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

It's probably just guys who played a lot of minutes in a lot of games so: Howe, Francis, Bourque, Chelios, Murphy? Messier too. Something like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Messier Howe and Gretzky are my guess

• Locked thread