Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I think there's an update coming in the next few days with a ton of stuff and a reworked progression system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

i started to get sort of far in this, but the idea of replaying the whole loving game each time is starting to wear on me. these games only work when a run is like ~30 minutes. it's a real shame that they didn't just make this a straight-up SOTN clone, because pretty much everything about combat and movement is wonderful.
I enjoyed the basic gameplay enough that I liked it, but I do wish they would tone down the bosses because of this. Hopefully this game's success means they can do a proper Castlevania-style game next time.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

i also feel like you're supposed to clear each map to be able to do respectable damage to the bosses. the only time i've beat the first one have been when i've been able to get a decent attack power score.
No, you don't have to. The two bosses have too much health, but you can do a lot with the right combination of skills and weapons. You can rush straight there to open the timed gate after the boss and still win. Also they're changing the weapon/strength system so players don't have to pump everything into strength with scrolls.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

It's good, but it's early access and clearly never going to be finished so w/e.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

i bought this for 10 dollars and its hosed up but the combat is actually good. the levels are mostly bad but they serve their purpose i guess (arranging enemies for you to fight or dodge)
The core gameplay is fun but they kind of give up on level design and just give bosses a million HP and put like 30 enemies on every surface.

• Locked thread